PDA

View Full Version : latest patch version of CLOD before installing Team Fusion? (disc version of CLOD)

moviestar_1
Jun-05-2015, 14:09
Hi all

I'm new to CLOD and though I have the steam version of CLOD and it automatically keeps the sim up to the latest (non team fusion) patch automatically and have sucessfully updated to the latest TF mod myself, I'm also now getting my dad into CLOD- he has an old disc version of CLOD he purchased a while back and barely used- I'm encouraging him to reinstall CLOD and update to TF and join ATAG- but before installing TF can anyone tell me what version of the basic CLOD program (before adding TF) is required for TF to work properly and where can the basic CLOD sim patch updates be download and installed from before installing TF if an update is required before hand or even though it is installed from a disc does steam somehow recognize the installation now and update it automatically anyway even if not downloaded through steam and not installed to the steamapps directory.?

Thanks in advance

ATAG_Colander
Jun-05-2015, 14:19
Hi Moviestar,

Your dad will need to update through steam. As far as I know, the CD only contains the steam installer anyway.

:salute:
ATAG_Colander

1lokos
Jun-05-2015, 14:29
Is not need install the disk (alias, advisable NOT install, will be copy old .INI files that can cause trouble later).

Just install STEAM, log in then, select add game and insert CloD key, the STEAM will install CloD patched for the last official version - 1.00.13820.

moviestar_1
Jun-05-2015, 14:30
Hi Moviestar,

Your dad will need to update through steam. As far as I know, the CD only contains the steam installer anyway.

ATAG_Colander

Thanks ATAG_Colander so even though he installed it from a disc steam will recognize it even if installed to a non steamapps directory?

moviestar_1
Jun-05-2015, 14:31
Is not need install the disk (alias, advisable NOT install, will be copy old .INI files that can cause trouble later).

Just install STEAM, log in then, select add game and insert CloD key, the STEAM will install CloD patched for the last official version - 1.00.13820.

Ok thank you :thumbsup: