PDA

View Full Version : IL-2 Shturmovik Stab Version 6.3

CombatTaffy
Jun-13-2015, 03:12
Hello
As a fan of the IL Series ,i recently bought IL2-1946 and was interested in modding
Now i had issues with the Resolutions but fixed that,It was suggested i use "IL-2 Shturmovik Stab
Version 6.3" But it wont run and install,Is this because its a steam version,If so how do i resolve this please

jester_
Jun-13-2015, 10:51
Hello
As a fan of the IL Series ,i recently bought IL2-1946 and was interested in modding
Now i had issues with the Resolutions but fixed that,It was suggested i use "IL-2 Shturmovik Stab
Version 6.3" But it wont run and install,Is this because its a steam version,If so how do i resolve this please

I have the steam version with Stab running perfectly fine. Are you getting any errors?

CombatTaffy
Jun-14-2015, 01:51
No i don't have errors as it won't install
I click the Setup.exe,it starts the User Account control ....and that's it no install

CombatTaffy
Jun-15-2015, 01:53
Can anyone help?
I cant get this to install/run

II/JG77_RC
Jun-16-2015, 03:31
Hello

Never MOD IL2-1946 if it is in the Steam folder.

Copy and paste a clean version of your install so the file path comes right off your C: drive

Example:

C:/ Ubisoft/ IL2 Sturmovik 1946

Then MOD Away.

The other reason for this is when a new version of the game comes out like 4.13 did recently, and you are running HSFX 7.03 (runs with version 4.12.2) for example, steam will auto update to 4.13 and your MODS will no longer work properly. This is especially important if you plan to fly SEOW campaigns or any kind of online Co-op or server flying.

When MOD-ing always have a clean version of IL2 1946 stashed away on your hard drive in case you have an issue and need to do a quick re-install.

A wicked site for all things IL-2 1946 is:

www.mission4today.com

Missions, technical help, skins, hundreds of amazing third party campaigns. Mission4today rocks.

CombatTaffy
Jun-19-2015, 19:35
Nope i've done exactly what you have suggested,Clicked the Setup.exe, aaaand......nothing !!
Does not install,run ,anything at all ??
Now i have the folder on my desktop, i open it and run setup, is there anything i'm missing?

I have downloaded it from here http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&get=2169

ATAG_Bliss
Jun-19-2015, 20:25
Are you making sure to run the setup.exe as an administrator?

CombatTaffy
Jun-28-2015, 20:32
Yes ive tried as administrator..still just starts to run...then stops

buster_dee
Jun-30-2015, 18:55
I know it shouldn't happen, but I have found on a few occasions after installing a new monitor whose resolution was way different from my previous one that the game refused to launch until I changed the config to match the native of the new monitor.

It's worth a look.

CombatTaffy
Jul-01-2015, 07:55
The game its self runs fine and starts up no probs,what i just cannot get to work is the install of Stab

buster_dee
Jul-01-2015, 18:51
Next time I'll read the title. :doh:

LuseKofte
Jul-22-2015, 06:01
http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php is a far better site to do questions on IL 2 46