PDA

View Full Version : IL2 1946 HSFX 6.0 Released

ATAG_Deacon
Jun-21-2012, 20:22
http://www.242sqn.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3179

Been waiting on this for MONTHS!

jaydee
Jun-21-2012, 21:41
Heres a few shots of Hawkinge/manston..Had to reduce quality to post them !832833834

Old_Canuck
Jun-21-2012, 21:42
:dthumb: Deacon, do you have a macro keyboard or any way to use macros? Just got a SANS FoV Changer macro working and it sets the thing up with one keystroke. A lot of tabs, up arrows, down arrows etc. and some of them are not the most direct route but the macro doesn't mind. Executes in seconds. Can type out the keystrokes for you if you can use them.

ATAG_Deacon
Jun-22-2012, 00:44
:dthumb: Deacon, do you have a macro keyboard or any way to use macros? Just got a SANS FoV Changer macro working and it sets the thing up with one keystroke. A lot of tabs, up arrows, down arrows etc. and some of them are not the most direct route but the macro doesn't mind. Executes in seconds. Can type out the keystrokes for you if you can use them.

~S~ OC,

I do have a macro keyboard. However I do not use them. I have Sans set up on a hat switch on my joystick, works great! :thumbsup:

Thank you for the offer though!!!

~S~

Deacon

ATAG_Snapper
Jun-22-2012, 09:00
As you can see, not much of a revision; still no patch. As others have noted over at 1C, instead of the endless "Great news, thanks BlackSix!" posts that used to follow his earlier updates, today's update was quickly followed by 6 pages of mostly "I'll never buy the sequel so why bother posting the pics?" posts.

The natives are beyond restless!

ATAG_Deacon
Jun-22-2012, 09:06
As you can see, not much of a revision; still no patch. As others have noted over at 1C, instead of the endless "Great news, thanks BlackSix!" posts that used to follow his earlier updates, today's update was quickly followed by 6 pages of mostly "I'll never buy the sequel so why bother posting the pics?" posts.

The natives are beyond restless!

That's why I stay off 1C's forum for anything but light reading anymore. I'm not going to get sucked into the flame war.

I'm just going to fly ATAG when I want CloD and maybe a little more 1946 HSFX with the new release.

9./JG52 Hans Gruber
Jun-23-2012, 08:45
Spent several hours playing HSFX 6 this morning and I have to say this mod is a blast. It's like a whole new game with the added planes, textures, and effects. It's sad that smoke and fire look so much better in this mod than clod. Best of all it's an absolute breeze to install. Played a bunch of quick missions with +12 boost Hurricanes & Spits vs 109 E1/3/4's and other BoB planes. Somebody could have a lot of fun with a 24/7 BoB server and this mod. ;)

ATAG_Deacon
Jun-23-2012, 10:35
Spent several hours playing HSFX 6 this morning and I have to say this mod is a blast. It's like a whole new game with the added planes, textures, and effects. It's sad that smoke and fire look so much better in this mod than clod. Best of all it's an absolute breeze to install. Played a bunch of quick missions with +12 boost Hurricanes & Spits vs 109 E1/3/4's and other BoB planes. Somebody could have a lot of fun with a 24/7 BoB server and this mod. ;)

~S~ notafinger,

I have not had the chance to fly too much yet this weekend...which is a bummer.

HSFX, to me, has always been the better mod pack. It's easier to install, more stable, and is designed ground up for online dynamic wars.

That said, I would recommend using it in "Expert Mode" with the upgraded FM's. It is much more realistic...add to that the overheat, improved AI and native 6-dof of 4.11.1 and I think this will be a big winner for keeping the IL-2 community alive.

My only wish is that there were more dedicated servers on HL using HSFX 6.0 with Hist. Mod and Expert Mode available. Waiting sux.

All just my humble opinion,

~S~

Deacon

Robo.
Jun-23-2012, 13:58
I agree, we've been flying the HSFX (previous versions) with my old squad for a while and it's definitely the best modpack out there. I was really looking forward for the new 4.11.1 version and it's very good also. They spent a lot of time testing before the release. There are still some issues I've heard, eg Fw 190 FMs in the expert mode, but overall it's superb, highly recommended to anyone who'd like to peak back into Il-2 series. Clean 4.11.1 is also great, but certain things like magot's P-61 could never make it into official version due to legal issue (Grumman). It does include lots of good stuff from 4.11.1 like 6DoF, overheating, AI etc etc. Great stuff all in all.

As for the servers - there used to be a 24/7 BoB server and I believe it's still up and running - I had some great fun in there.

ChiefRedCloud
Jun-27-2012, 16:39
Ok I have IL2 Stormovik 1946 4.10.1m UP 3.0 RC4 ...... Where do I go from here? I assume I make copy of my game folder first and install patch4.11.1 . Then I install the HSFX mod (following the link above directions in the 242 Squadron forums? Please, do not ASSUME I know anything ..... it's ALL an illusion .... So go by the .... 1. ..... 2. ........ 3. ..... etc method please.

This video is for HSFX 5.01 but might be helpful ofr us mentally challenged pilots .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WNFKPhvTag

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/4510/willeyquestion.png

ATAG_Deacon
Jun-27-2012, 20:47
Ok I have IL2 Stormovik 1946 4.10.1m UP 3.0 RC4 ...... Where do I go from here? I assume I make copy of my game folder first and install patch4.11.1 . Then I install the HSFX mod (following the link above directions in the 242 Squadron forums? Please, do not ASSUME I know anything ..... it's ALL an illusion .... So go by the .... 1. ..... 2. ........ 3. ..... etc method please.

This video is for HSFX 5.01 but might be helpful ofr us mentally challenged pilots .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WNFKPhvTag

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/4510/willeyquestion.png

Chief,

Hope this helps!

Steps required to install HSFX History Mod Version 6.0

You must follow the sequence below.

Step 1 : Use the jsgme switcher, and disable all installed mods, including the HSFX Mod.

Step 2 : Ensure that version of IL-2 that you are updating with HSFX 6.0, has already been updated to IL-2 Version 4.11.1, the Team Daidalos
patch. If you have just installed the 4.11.1 patch run it at least once to be sure it is working.

4.11.1 Available here - http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=29039

Step 3 : Install HSFX version 6.0 Run HSFX_Version_6_0.EXE and answer the questions displayed by the installer, Ensure that when the installer asks for which folder to install Version 6.0 into, that you point it at the folder for the Il2 Sturmovik 46 directory you want to update.

IMPORTANT : For users with previous versions of The History Mod and any other Mod packages installed, the Version 6.0 Installer will delete the previous versions Files and all files, and rename the Mods folders (jsgmemods), as they must be updated to work with the IL-2 Team Daedalus 4.11.1 patch to function. If you want to keep these folders, you should rename them, or move them before running the Installer.

Step 4 : Use the jsgme switcher, and enable the HSFX History mod.

Copied from 242 Squadron post...hope they don't mind my plagiarism :devilish:

~S~

Deacon

ChiefRedCloud
Jun-28-2012, 11:36
Thanks Deacon:ilike:

ATAG_Deacon
Jun-28-2012, 20:37
Anytime m8 :thumbsup: