PDA

View Full Version : Missionbug, objectives cannot be completed.

Warhound
Jun-23-2012, 23:35
Heya, this is a bit of a strange bug but I'll try describe it as good as possible.

There is a mission where after sinking all the ships the objective isn't counted as completed for red nor blue. And no it's not the bug where ships end up being unsinkable..they actually do sink and get reported as such in the log messages, it's just the final orange text that doesn't show up when all have sunk.
The objective also isn't listed among the completed ones when the server gives the periodic update of which are cleared and which are still up.

It's on the map where the briefing says:
Blue needs to destroy the british armory in G7.4 and the British fleet
Red needs to destroy 5ships, supply depot at L5.3 adnd the Ju-88's at N7.9
Saying this, I couldn't find the mapname anywhere in the briefing. Unless I looked over it maybe the name could be listed at the top of the briefing for easier recognition and bugreporting/suggestions?

On this map I've often heard blues and reds talk about not finding any ships after a while.
Had some time today so I tested it from the red side, all the time being the only Blenheim ingame.
-Started out by sinking 5 ships(all there were) in ~K5 and saw 5 "Warhound sunk medium tanker" messages, but the server never listed the objective as completed (no orange msg nor listed in the periodic targets update)
-Destroying the Supply depot at L5.3 gives an orange message saying the Ju-88's at Oye Plage were destroyed and lists the Ju-88's as completed in the periodic targets update.
-Destroying the Ju-88's at Oye Plage gives an orange message that a Panzer tank division was destroyed at M4.5 and lists M4.5 as a completed target.
-Flying over M2.5 and M4.5 shows no targets present at those locations.

-Flying as blue in previous weeks a similar bug seemed present on this map. Once all visible ships were destroyed a few guys hunted for them and flew from Selsey way to the west to London along the coast and never met a single ship. (So no bugged, unsinkable ones)
-I seem to recall bombing G7.4 also gave an orange message saying the Blenheims at Ramsgate were destroyed. But cannot confirm that with 100% certainty.

In the end this mission is well and truly bugged and cannot be completed, so it always runs the full 5.5hours till a draw is declared.
To me it seemed to have started when the server started using HL again, but it could also be from the new patch or from when that new big mission was put onto Server 1 (were they all updated when it was uploaded maybe?)

Anyway, just posting as it can be quite frustrating for bombers to put so much work in and not see the objectives completed or the map rolled.
Hoping some brighter minds than mine can look into it and even find a fix. :Grin:

ATAG_Bliss
Jun-25-2012, 10:59
Sadly this is a bug with the game. About the only 100% (and that's pushing it) objectives that work are statics. And even then 1/2 the time those will not properly count/destroy. Sometimes the ships work, sometimes they don't. It's very similar to the coms problem the game has. Sometimes the screen shows up, sometimes it doesn't.

That's one of the main reason I'm holding back on doing anything mission related until they take care of the core issues. Already we have to work around everything to make it appear to have some sort of objective based missions. Time will tell with the official patch.

Warhound
Jun-25-2012, 16:21
Hate to be annoying, but I think there is more up than just the usual gamebugs.
I personally had never seen this bug till about a month ago, which is why I thought it might be HL related.
Before that all that happened were the ghost ships/undestroyable ones whithout masts.

In the ~15 times that I've played this mission in that month, the ship objective has always bugged in this way and only on this specific map. And I always go for the ships right at missionstart as that seems to alleviate most desynch bugs.
The other, static, targets being mixed up and even reported as targets that aren't present on that map only reinforces my view that something in the missioncode got inadvertently switched around.

If anyone who has managed to roll this mission recently would report here, or add their experience with it I'd be grateful. Or if Colander or Wolf could take a quick glance at the code and confirm nothing is out of order.
Right now it feels like a pure airquake map with no incentive for bombers which makes me want to log off after 2 fightersweeps.

Warhound,
pain in the butt extraordinaire.

ATAG_Bliss
Jun-25-2012, 17:00
Hmm - maybe there is more to it then. I'll have a gander at it. And no pain in the butt. This is the type of feedback we want. Nice and detailed :)

ATAG_Colander
Jun-25-2012, 17:14
Bliss,

I just looked at one of the missions that seem to fit the description and could not find the trigger actions for ships.
Perhaps I was looking at the wrong one :S

ChiefRedCloud
Jun-25-2012, 20:59
So is this the reason that the Germans have no ships to be bombed or it just a differant mission with British ships only?

Atreides
Jul-04-2012, 17:32
Encountered the following problems in the red mission with the following targets:

L5.3 German supply depot
N7.9 Ju88's at Oye Plage
5 German ships

Only Ju88's at Oye Plage register as destroyed.
No German ships are visible or left however the target doesn't register as destroyed.
L5.3 is indestructible.

Atreides.

Wolf
Jul-04-2012, 18:49
Encountered the following problems in the red mission with the following targets:

L5.3 German supply depot
N7.9 Ju88's at Oye Plage
5 German ships

Only Ju88's at Oye Plage register as destroyed.
No German ships are visible or left however the target doesn't register as destroyed.
L5.3 is indestructible.

Atreides.

This just sounds like the trigger radio us needs to be checked. I am sure the guys will track it down for you.