PDA

View Full Version : BenQ GW2760HS

ATAG_Eshark
Jun-18-2015, 07:36
Hi guys
I am using the BenQGW2760HS monitor.I have noticed that when using the video settings my in game color seems washed out and poor dispite using high color saturation levels,apparently Nvidia GPUS terat my monitor as a HDTV and do not give a full color range.I found this little tool that sorts this problem out,and give my a deeper black and IMHO helps me see better in game
The utility then modifies the registry entries that control the HDMI shade range in the graphics driver so that when you restart your computer and the graphics driver loads up again and will send the monitor the wonderful and correct shade range. The last thing to do is to open the monitor’s main menu and navigate to ‘Picture Advanced’ -> ‘HDMI RGB PC Range’ and set this to ‘RGB (0~255)’. Remember to re-run the utility when you install a new graphics driver.
I was thinking if guys are using Nvidia GPUS and HDTVs then this utility could be of great use to them.I found it on a review page by PC monitors.Heres the link to the page the link to the Nvidia utility is abour 3/4 of the way down. https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/benq-gw2760hs/
I hope people find this of use I know I did the difference in the black and color range was impresive
cheers
Eshark