PDA

View Full Version : Africa- MOD -CLOD ?=WOW !!

MOHAWK
Jun-26-2012, 10:10
Has any one installed this MOD in clod yet ?? Man ' I gotta have this , I seem to have the link for the MOD, ( but its all in Russian ) click or copy and paste the link to watch . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tugifv2YIw8 . If this is for real ---lets mod up and get this on atag rotation . if possible, with out Mucking things up for server or game files ??-----------------If this is not for real , then I Peed my Pants like an excited little girl for Nothing ?----I fear the mod link i have is just for the movie -- does anyone know where to get the MOD link ??

ATAG_Colander
Jun-26-2012, 10:59
I'm afraid is just the same map with the land and plane textures modified.

ATAG_WatchMan
Jun-26-2012, 11:38
Well you can probably thank Steam and VAC for making something like this impossible for a public server, but it looks like an interesting mod to play off line. I'm sure there are a lot of people doing a lot of very cool things with CLOD, but for now most of it is kept in the dark. It's my hope that 1C and its developers will have the foresight to release an SDK package to the community along with freedom from the ridiculous DRM strapped to a game that's in serious trouble. If they did this (doubtful), it would let our community turn this game into what it should have been in the first place, not some in-descriptive, half MMO, half flight sim or whatever its incarnation ends up being.

I for one am sick and tired of the lack of communication between 1C and this community, anyone without rose colored glasses on can plainly see this sim is on it's way out, but week after week we get contradictory, cryptic messages from B6 and the ever present "just a few more weeks". Imagine what it would be like if our community got its hands on this thing, think of the possibilities! So much talent to be given for free, from people who love flight sims, we'd be getting updates every day, from a dozen different projects, from new flight models, to maps, skins, an updated, working mission builder, etc. But instead we get things like, "it's a secret, we can't say just yet" and "last minute internal testing showed problems on the beta, err I meant alpha, err maybe pre-release alpha patch quick fix."

I'm sorry to go off on somewhat of a tangent Mohawk but these thins frustrate me to no end which is why I rarely comment on things anymore. So in any case, If you can find the mod that would be great, but any hopes of seeing go multi-player seem very doubtful.:no

S! and chin up everyone!:thumbsup:

ATAG_WatchMan.

ATAG_Knuckles
Jun-26-2012, 12:22
Funny how excited I was when first noticing CloD, I hadn't done a sim in about 10 years (Fighter Ace). Even build a computer strictly for this. First I wanted back into a community of friends to fly with (ATAG worked Perfect) only to have CloD dry up in the 9 months I was on. So like everyone else i.e. Watchman, I'm certainly no going anywhere, as I have made too many friends, So I will be jumping around until CloD can go somewhere or we all evolve into something else

MOHAWK
Jun-26-2012, 14:28
http://dlm.mail.ru/downloader_fmr_7b570ecc200ebe3826126895a5e316a9.ex e if anyone can interpit russian, this i think is the link to the mod , when i open it it says downloader but every thing else in russian ( i would like to know ( if i clicked the install button) where would it go and what would it do ?? (give me new textures and map overlay or change -EVERYTHING - in my clod folder, with no return to orig map ??? starting here -- http://files.mail.ru/EYJXUC ---clicking on the green bar gave me above downloader --- clicking on the red bar gives you the movie ...if anyone could interpit the downloader and what it gives you , I would like to know ---and install it, if it just like an extra add on and not changing every thing - I Need somthing new in this whole CLOD thing

ATAG_Colander
Jun-26-2012, 14:39
http://files.mail.ru/EYJXUC is the link to the movie in MP4 format.
The downloader is something the page wants you to install to "download the file faster" and I wouldn't if I where you :)

ATAG_Colander.

MOHAWK
Jun-26-2012, 15:02
Copy that ! --- I dident and wont --Thanks Colander....

ChiefRedCloud
Jun-26-2012, 16:44
Well at least we can dream ..... err .... that is unless Steam stopped that