PDA

View Full Version : Eagle's Bomber Academy

71st_AH_Eagle
Jun-22-2015, 10:17
With the bomber campaigns running, there are probably some of you out there who want to learn how to fly bombers but don't know how to. So, I'm starting this Academy to train new bomber pilots and get them ready for the bomber campaigns and/ or just wanting to learn how to fly and use bombers in regular play. With that being said, bomber pilots make history while fighter pilots make movies. :P

Just a quick about me: I am Eagle and I pretty much only fly bombers. The Blenheim IV is my current choice of aircraft for the red side and the Ju-88 is my choice of aircraft for Blues. Once the Wellington comes out, I'll be flying that a lot (thanks Team Fusion). I never had a knack for air to air combat but I've greatly enjoyed flying bombers, almost from day one of this game. I'm an aerospace engineering student in real life so my studies come first but I will try my best to work around that.

I'm open for either group teaching or one on one training, what ever you prefer. My current idea is to do three separate training sessions breaking down as follows:

1. Aircraft Introduction and Flight

Go over a brief history of the aircraft and its primary uses during the Battle of Britain and beyond.
Basic overview of all the weapons that the aircraft can carry and their uses
Go over start up procedures in game and ensure mastery of it
Explain the differences between flying a bomber and a fighter
Explain axis curvature for bomber pilots
Take off and go over engine management for various situations relating to the aircraft
Fly the various situations
Introduce the autopilots and a basic intro to formation flight
Go over navigation if needed

2. Basic Combat Operations

Go over a list of keybindings required for the individual aircraft
Take off and head to a practice target (this will not being taking place on ATAG server)
Go over procedures for each individual method of attack (level bombing, dive bombing, etc)
Practice the procedures as needed
Basic overview of defensive gunnery and other related tactics

3. Combat Employment (Graduation)

Connect onto the ATAG server and use the skills that you have learned in practice
Choose a target and destroy the target
See the fireworks show
Enjoy bombing from a new perspective

Each stage of the learning process should take approximately 1-2 hours and by the end of training when you graduate out of this program, I promise you'll be able to fairly competently fly your bomber of choosing.

Specific dates in times will be determined with each individual pilot or group of pilots and I can alter the plans for each individual pilot like if a Blenheim pilot wants to learn level bombing but can already do low level strikes.

Blenheim Mk IV:
No Seats Taken

BR-20M:
No Seats Taken

HE-111 (Both variants):
No Seats Taken

JU-88A-1:
No Seats Taken

JU-87B:
No Seats Taken

Please PM me or post below if you are interested or have any questions. Please let me know what times you are available and what aircraft you are interested in learning and I will do my best to fit you in my schedule.

Graduates:
Flack_Bait

Anyways, just trying to contribute to community some and hoping to get some more bomber pilots in the skies.

Cheers,
Eagle

DRock
Jun-22-2015, 10:58
Great initiative, Eagle.:thumbsup:

Thank you.

71st_AH_Eagle
Jun-22-2015, 11:04
Great initiative, Eagle.:thumbsup:

Thank you.

You are very welcome. Now only if I could match the training with the bomber events. :devilish:

Cheers,
Eagle

♣_Spiritus_♣
Jun-22-2015, 11:07
With that being said, bomber pilots make history while fighter pilots make movies. :P
Cheers,
Eagle

Morg!

Like DRock said, great work. I would suggest you contact 69th_Turn and ATAG_InvaderZim, they have something similar going on.

Either way though:

Anyways, just trying to contribute to community some and hoping to get some more bomber pilots in the skies.

This is what keeps the community so welcoming and prevents staleness.

:salute:

71st_AH_Eagle
Jun-22-2015, 12:50
Also, as a small side note: I will be wanting to focus training people on the Blenheim IV and the BR-20M in the coming weeks.

Cheers,
Eagle

ATAG_Flare
Jun-22-2015, 17:55
With that being said, bomber pilots make history while fighter pilots make movies.

Great initiative Eagle! With yours and Turn and Zim's, more and more people will be learning bombers!

Flare

PS - While bomber pilots make history, the movies fighter pilots make are some damn good movies :D And a bomber can make movies too (I am an example), and if you look at the Battle of Britain, the fighters did make history . . .

Flack_Bait
Jun-22-2015, 21:30
I fly Blennies more than anything, but there is still a lot I can/would like to learn. If we can line up schedules, I'd be happy to learn anything you can teach me (no guarantee that will be easy, either)

71st_AH_Eagle
Jun-22-2015, 22:50
I fly Blennies more than anything, but there is still a lot I can/would like to learn. If we can line up schedules, I'd be happy to learn anything you can teach me (no guarantee that will be easy, either)

Hi Flack Bait, could you please PM me specific times that work for you as well as what you want to learn? I am located in EST but I'm flexible with training times. I can easily adjust the learning cycle to your present knowledge and what you want to learn.

Cheers,
Eagle

69th_Turn
Jul-02-2015, 23:24
Hey Eagle, I just noticed this thread today.

Good stuff! :thumbsup:

71st_AH_Eagle
Jul-09-2015, 07:30
Hey Eagle, I just noticed this thread today.

Good stuff! :thumbsup:

Thanks. So far, only one student but hopefully it will grow with time.

Could an Admin please move this thread to the Flight School Subforum please?

Cheers,
Eagle

Flack_Bait
Aug-06-2015, 23:55

Eagle, it was great flying with you today! If anyone wants to learn how to bomber, I recommend Eagle's training. Great guy and a halfway decent pilot!

71st_AH_Eagle
Aug-07-2015, 10:55
Well, I am proud to announce that this program has its first graduate of the program: Flack_Bait

Congrats to Flack_Bait for being the first to complete the program. For his graduating mission, he was successful in leading a flight of three Blenheim Mk IV bombers to Crepon at high altitude and landing direct hits on the airfield itself. Everyone give a round of applause for Flack_Bait for successfully completing the Blenheim Mk IV program.

:salute:

If anyone is interested in any of the programs listed above, just shoot me a PM or post below.

Cheers,
Eagle

69th_Turn
Aug-07-2015, 11:36
Way to go guys!

~S~

Flack_Bait
Aug-08-2015, 23:01
Also included in Eagle's class: Close formation flying!18331

ATAG_Flare
Aug-09-2015, 00:06
You should see the passes he did to me on the F-86!

71st_AH_Eagle
Aug-12-2015, 22:39

You should see the passes he did to me on the F-86!

Well, I can get closer than that if you want but I don't think either of us will still be flying at the end of my "near" pass. :D Hopefully I didn't frighten either of you two with my antics.

Not to scare any newcomers, I won't be doing this when you're flying for the first time.

Maybe the third time?

Nah, the second time....

Heck, who am I kidding, you'll probably get a few complimentary buzzes done by me but if you don't want to have them, just tell me and I'll avoid the temptation. :devilish:

Still available for training lessons. Just shoot me a PM or you can post a reply below and we can try to work something out.

Cheers,
Eagle