PDA

View Full Version : Red "request for targets" not working, but Blue's does?!

AbortedMan
Jun-26-2012, 16:37
Someone on blue told me they get grid/elevation information when they use the radio to ground control (Tab-7-1) on the new fancy mission that was added to the server, meanwhile when I use it on red all that returns is an assortment of bearings, distance in miles, that don't ever change, and the word "Gaggle."

Is this intended? What are the bearings and distances relative to? Can't be my aircraft because I flew all around the map trying it out and the bearings/distances to the bombers/fighters/mission_obj listed never changed.

If this is how it really is on the server...ehh? Is it historically accurate that the German's had precision enemy detecting radar and the RAF didn't?

ATAG_Bliss
Jun-26-2012, 16:41
Could have to do with the scripting or it could have to do with the coms menu not properly fixed in the game yet. My bet is a little bit on both, but I would lay the majority of it on the menu in game as the culprit.

AbortedMan
Jun-26-2012, 18:19
Could have to do with the scripting or it could have to do with the coms menu not properly fixed in the game yet. My bet is a little bit on both, but I would lay the majority of it on the menu in game as the culprit.

Any plans to fix this? Seems a little unbalanced to let only one side have that kind of information, especially with the flight models in the state they're in.

If it's a game bug, then how does Blue's work just fine? I'm just curious, not trying to play devil's advocate.

ATAG_Bliss
Jun-26-2012, 18:31
For w/e reason the blue coms screen in game has been working since day 1. Colander made a program that allowed you to switch TS3 channels through the in-game com screen. It wasn't until we started to test on the red side that we found it wouldn't work, and further more found that the red side com menu would never open 90% of the time in the 1st place. That's what leads me to believe it's with the game as it was a very known problem.

As with fixing it, it depends on if it can be fixed in the current game or not. I'm not familiar with a mission that allows you to do just that, so it wasn't made by me, aka - I don't know the scripting involved. But I'll see what I can find out.