PDA

View Full Version : Request for mission makers.

DoubleStandards
Jul-01-2015, 15:46
I have enjoyed quite a few of these great single player mission but I was wondering how hard it would be for you guys to add at least a two player coop option to your missions? Some of these missions are epic and I would like to fly them with a human wingman when ATAG servers are quiet. I have tried a couple guides that show you how to make "any single player mission coop able" by adding lines to .ini files and some trickery in the server set up, but just couldn't get it to work for my nephew and I.

Thanks again for all your hard work :salute:

DS

1lokos
Jul-01-2015, 18:10
I think you can play single player mission as COOP. Dont ask me how. :)

I remember (?) someone mentioning that he and his friends play Desastersoft missions in this way.

Roland
Jul-03-2015, 09:24
Use FMB as it not too hard to add airfield spawnpoint and remove AI if you need to. Save to multiplayer dogfight folder and you can do coop.

=FI=Murph
Jul-04-2015, 20:40
The bad news is that co-op mode doesn't really work in this game. The good news is that dogfight mode has most all the same features as the old co-op mode for Il2 1946. The only two things you must do are to open the mission in FMB and locate the plane that is assigned as "player" and uncheck the "player " box, making it AI. Then you will need to add spawn points for yourself and however many friends at one or more of the bases (it works better if you pick a base not being used by AI). There are "how to" tutorials on line showing how to do this. Save the converted mission to your "missions/multi/dogfight" folder in; documents/1C Soft Club/il2 sturmovik cliffs of dover-MOD. Go into mutiplayer in the game and create a lobby. Have your friend join and start the mission.

ATAG_Lolsav
Jul-04-2015, 21:08
The bad news is that co-op mode doesn't really work in this game.

Coop tutorial: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7029&highlight=coop+tutorial

=FI=Murph
Jul-05-2015, 00:31
Yes, it is possible to make it work, but it is still much easier to use dogfight mode.