PDA

View Full Version : heinkill has just uploaded Battle for Malta REDUX campaign: RAF!

heinkill
Jul-07-2015, 10:22
heinkill has just uploaded Battle for Malta REDUX campaign: RAF (http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/Downloads.php?do=download&downloadid=30)!

This is a full RAF campaign based on the Battle for Malta, and using the existing CoD map (Isle of Wight) to stand in for Malta.

REDUX campaigns feature missions designed by Heinkill, with scripting by Bolox and Gabuzomeu, giving you a historically based pilot careers with campaign kill counts, medals and promotions.

Full installation instructions are in the readme file or you can ask for help on the ATAG forums. Pls separately download and install the Malta skinpack if you want Med theatr

71st_AH_Gamecock (XR-G)
Jul-31-2015, 13:49
heinkill has just uploaded Battle for Malta REDUX campaign: RAF (http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/Downloads.php?do=download&downloadid=30)!

This is a full RAF campaign based on the Battle for Malta, and using the existing CoD map (Isle of Wight) to stand in for Malta.

REDUX campaigns feature missions designed by Heinkill, with scripting by Bolox and Gabuzomeu, giving you a historically based pilot careers with campaign kill counts, medals and promotions.

Full installation instructions are in the readme file or you can ask for help on the ATAG forums. Pls separately download and install the Malta skinpack if you want Med theatr

Where is the readme file located. I cannot seem to get it loaded into CLOD to use it. Any help would be appreciated

heinkill
Aug-01-2015, 13:19
Where is the readme file located. I cannot seem to get it loaded into CLOD to use it. Any help would be appreciated

Hi the Readme PDF is there on the Malta downloads page you may have to download it separately? It has the following install instructions, but with graphics

TO INSTALL CAMPAIGNS
Look for the folder on your PC where you have your MOD system files for the campaigns: ..\Steam\SteamApps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\parts\bob\mission\campaign there you will find a file named campaigns.ini - open it in a editor, normally you will find something like this: [Main] campaign_gb campaign_de [campaign_gb] folder campaign_gb title Cliffs Of Dover image Poster.bmp [campaign_de] folder campaign_de title Adler Angriff image Poster.bmp
In your Malta download, you will find two new campaign folders 'campaign_ma' (the axis campaign) and 'campaign_mb' (the RAF campaign), copy these to ..\Steam\SteamApps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\parts\bob\mission\campaign
then add these red bolded lines to your campaigns.ini file eg:
[Main] campaign_gb campaign_de campaign_ma campaign_mb
[campaign_gb] folder campaign_gb title Cliffs Of Dover image Poster.bmp
[campaign_de] folder campaign_de title Adler Angriff image Poster.bmp
[campaign_ma] folder campaign_ma title Battle for Malta Axis REDUX image Poster.bmp
[campaign_mb] folder campaign_mb title Battle for Malta RAF REDUX image Poster.bmp
(or use the campaign.ini file provided) Save the campaign.ini file.
Your mods campaign folder should look like this now:

Finally you will need to add a folder for each of the campaigns to the directory where you keep your DEFAULT USER files (this is what the REDUX script uses to keep score) – note, not the mod directory
Go to C:\Users\YOURPCNAME\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover \mission\campaign
And add to this directory two empty folders called
Campaign_ma Campaign_mb
This folder should look like this now:
Attention - after an Update or Game Intentigrity Check these files will be overwritten, so you should make a backup.
Now you are set!
I have included a sample ‘campaigns.ini’ file in the download. You should only use it if you haven’t added any other campaigns to your Mod.
(*For instructions on how to install the single missions, see the readme inside the single missions folder in your download. This download also includes the third party campaign installer tool by The Enlightened Florist. Try it if you like. It automates some of the work of installing campaigns.)

NavCad1
Aug-01-2015, 13:24
Hi Guys, loaded this and when i run it the game hangs up after a few mins. flying. Problem with the TF mods?? Doesn't happen in the quick mission mode. Thankx for any help.

ATAG_Bliss
Aug-01-2015, 13:32
Hello - make sure you have this windows update uninstalled. It is well know to cause crashes with clod. See here: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3528

Speedbird48
Apr-18-2018, 01:43
How do you install the VC pack?

Speedbird48
Apr-18-2018, 01:44
This is the AXIS campaign...

Speedbird48
Apr-23-2018, 11:52
How do you takeoff on the second mission? You start on the ramp, and after sitting for ten minutes or so waiting for the engine to warm up I tried to taxi to what appeared to be marked as a runway, only to encounter an invisible tuft of grass and have my plane flip onto its nose. Any reason why you couldn't jut start on the runway for simplicity's sake, knowing how poorly the devs marked the ground area?

farley
Apr-27-2018, 20:30
This is the AXIS campaign...

Found the RAF campaingn here, under "Battle for Malta Megapack! For TF Mod 4.2 and later":

http://bobgamehub.blogspot.ca/p/cliffs-of-dover-missions.html

Blitzen
May-24-2018, 12:29
Is there any place that has the Malta Map that works with these missions.I haven't found it anywhere...:recon:

1lokos
May-24-2018, 12:55
Not sure, but think all CloD contend hosted in (deceased) Airwarfare are in this file:

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads5&file=details&id=255

BTW - Don't exist 'Malta map', in Heinkill missions are used Isle of Wight with desert texture as fake Malta.

Blitzen
Jun-12-2018, 10:40
Several years ago I had this installed along with a Malta map,but it disappeared sometime ago in one of the upgrades so I was delighted to try this one again.However something in te resdme confused me :it was where to install .It directed me to the Mods folder and the campaign folder found there . I do have JSGME installed & a Mods folder, but it does not contain much of anything at present .So far as i know there are no mods for Blitz at present,The only folder I have that works for these campaigns is:C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\parts\bob\mission. So what am I missing?:recon:
Oh yes - what is the "Vc- Complete zip do & how/where should I install?

cRabaGo
Jun-17-2020, 09:32
Seems interesting, thanks a lot :)

(anyone still digging around here in 2020?)

Bonditaria
Jun-17-2020, 10:07
Seems interesting, thanks a lot :)

(anyone still digging around here in 2020?)

Not only digging but also building! You respond to a 'malta' thread - if you like the Mediterranean check out the Updates forum... https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=122& it only gets better from here!

Blitzen
Jun-19-2020, 12:51
BTW...Somehow I transferred this older Malta Campaign map ,SM Malta missions & corresponding skins to my Blitz install.They are fun & will have to do until Beta is done and v. 5.00 makes its debut.

Kameniev
Sep-08-2020, 08:30
posting so I can download ur mods...

Fred Karno
Sep-08-2020, 11:40
posting so I can download ur mods...

:thumbsup:

regloh1
Sep-19-2020, 12:50
Great campaign! Thank you...