PDA

View Full Version : Because of BUG Problems, lol, lmfao, rotfl, etc...

ATAG_WatchMan
Jun-30-2012, 11:36
Due to problems introduced by the latest patch concerning unsuccessful start ups for the octane Hurricanes and Spitfires, air starts will be provided for those planes only. Please let us know if this works out better for everyone.

Thanks.:)

MOHAWK
Jun-30-2012, 20:17
I had no problem starting the spit /100 oct , by pumping the throttle back and forth 5 times like a primer and 5% throttle and fired right up , Hurri different story =no start , going to look in the control bindings and see if there is one for primer pump ?.....

Doc
Jul-01-2012, 04:31
Would someone tell us how to ground start the Hurricane please? Someone said on the server they were able to do it.

Warhound
Jul-01-2012, 04:45
Just crank the thing over again and again till it sputters to life.
For me 22% throttle, closed rads and fine pitch seem to work best, played with mixutre too but it didn't seem to make much difference.
Anything below 22% doesn't kick over the engine as much, anything higher seems to choke it right away.

Just keep at it and watch the oil temp.
It'll creep up very slowly and at about 24-26°C the engine will start running, from then on it's a case of letting her warm up till you can get some decent RPM's for takeoff.
If the boost needle starts spiking, throttle back during warmup as she's about to stall out.

This is the post that got me going, but I found 22% worked best for me.
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?1792-Hurricane-hard-to-start-Look-here!&p=14778#post14778

ATAG_Septic
Jul-01-2012, 05:19
Due to problems introduced by the latest patch concerning unsuccessful start ups for the octane Hurricanes and Spitfires, air starts will be provided for those planes only. Please let us know if this works out better for everyone.

Thanks.:)

Thanks Watchman, I must have spent an hour trying to start a Hurri so it was good to at least try it on-line.

Septic.