PDA

View Full Version : Game Boosters

ATAG_Lewis
Jul-16-2015, 07:33
Anyone have any experience with these programs?...

Are they any good?...

Which one is the best one?

Might they help players with lower spec PCs actually be able to play CLOD when before they could not?

Any info would be good on these programs...

Stormrider
Jul-16-2015, 07:58
I use razor gamebooster, you can turn of the things you don't need to preserve resources for Clod.And when you are finnished you can go back to normal.I can say it goes better with boosting the game with razor gamebooster

Verstuurd van mijn S50

GERMANWOLF
Jul-16-2015, 08:02
Anyone have any experience with these programs?...

Are they any good?...

Which one is the best one?

Might they help players with lower spec PCs actually be able to play CLOD when before they could not?

Any info would be good on these programs...
gtx980 is best game booster hehehehehe
lol

Stormrider
Jul-17-2015, 05:46
gtx980 is best game booster hehehehehe
lol
Yes, you are absolutely right.:thumbsup:
But if my pc starts do do things while Iam trying to stay alive up there that gtx 980 doesn't help that much.Razor gamebooster shuts down the thing you don't need and keeps it all disabled until you stop Clod.It has some overlay features in it, but I diabled them.
The lower the workload is of my pc, the cooler it will stay in my room.:)

PhoenixCNE
Jul-17-2015, 07:35
These game booster programs are kind of a subjective thing, as they are totally dependent on your computer config. I personally tried razer cortex and found that I gained 0 fps from it, but know that for some people it will gain them 10 fps. It seems to help more on older machines that your trying to squeeze every last bit out of. In the end its a pretty small download and not an invasive install so easy to get rid of if you don't like it, I'd say give cortex or similar a try and see what it does for you!

Mar28
Jul-17-2015, 07:47
Hi to all!
As Phoenix says above these programs are controversal .
I used Game Booster until it became a paywere, and I didn´t saw any improovement in my game experience, and in other forums people says they may shut down things that your game will need to perform and this can lead to a game crash.
And I agree with GermanWolf the best booster will be a new Grafics Card if possible!
Martim.:salute:
Recently I have bought a SSD Drive it was a PNY XLR8 240gb , and did a win7 64 ultimate install, clean without any other program, only things needed by the simulator and drives for TrackIR ,GFX card, and Logitech for my Joystick and I can´t say it was performing beter then my other windows in my conventional HDD, only loading times were shorter.
And in the end I returned this SSD to RMA because it couses a micro pause in game every 10 to 15 seconds droping to the half my frames, after a small search in the net for stutters with this drive I discover a lot of people complainig about it .
It was a carnaval super offer and I have not searched enaugh with the right words because I´m not a native english speaker, I think Newegg is for non native speakers a great place to research for new hardwere to By (avoiding mistakes).
Sory if I have going of topic!
Martim!

Mrmaverick
Jul-17-2015, 16:25
Ive been using THE RAZER CORTEX program for over a year and a half, was getting major stuttering after about ten mins after taking off playing CLoD.
after i started using it i haven't had a problem since. its all automatically done, add your game to the razor cortex then when you start your game it starts up, when you finish playing it turns itself off. it still gets ongoing updates, the last one when you start up your game it shows a quick readout of how many unnecessary back ground programs it has turned off and how much ram it has freed up , starting up steam it says 1400 mb of ram freed and 20 processes suspended, sounds good to me. just don't use the FPS counter option, its not CLod friendly and will crash your game. At the very least all i need is the one folder on my desktop for my games, just click on my razer cortex folder and all my games are there to pick from. I haven't done any comparisons if it makes much or any gains but it seems to work, no more stuttering ( i had to alt tab out then back into the game to get it to stop and run smoothly) . try it , if ya don't like it just get delete it. its free. short of doing a full wipe and instal to get rid of all those things that get onto your computer over time, this maybe a good option.

RedBeard
Jul-18-2015, 10:39
Just get a SSD.

1lokos
Jul-18-2015, 11:12
What this kind of software do is turn off Windows process/services to free system resources.

BTW - Similar thing can be done without software creating a Windows user "gamer" disabling things and logging in this profile before start the games.

For a high end machine a more free Windows don't make visible difference, can help a outdated computer, but don't expect "miracles".