PDA

View Full Version : Reshade - does it work?

GunSlingerAUS
Jul-20-2015, 05:35
Hey guys

I recently downloaded Reshade, after being offline for a few months. I was very excited about this, as aliasing is one of my biggest bugbears with IL2 CLoD, and figured this would finally allow me to get SweetFX working. However, I've since installed it yet it doesn't appear to be working. If I hit the scroll lock key in-game, nothing changes, yet this is supposed to toggle the SMAA on and off. I should also see a little notice about SweetFX in one corner when the game is loading, as I do in Assetto Corsa, but I don't in IL2 CLoD.

So has anybody got Reshade working? And if so, how did you go about it? Care to share any settings with me?

ATAG_Lewis
Jul-20-2015, 06:59
I spent 4 hours last night trying Reshade, SweetFX and injectFX....verifying the game cache....then installing the patches....I kept getting game crashes...CTD......Then I went looking for the KB2670838 windows update.....Thinking it wasn't their because I didn't get crashes before installing the SweetFX etc....Anyway....I found it....Apparently my PC had installed it in January unbeknown to me....So...I uninstalled it and loaded SweetFX again....and it worked....It seems...after never being able to install it before....

So if i were you I'd go looking for KB2670838 first....It gets in like a virus and messes things up by making you think that its other issues to blame....

Worked for me....

GunSlingerAUS
Jul-25-2015, 03:09
Hey Lewis, did you use Reshade to install SweetFX? It didn't seem to crash my game at all - it just wouldn't run the SweetFX injector. I'll try disabling that KB2670838 and see if it starts working.

DarkHelmet
Jul-25-2015, 06:26
@Lewis,

Check my comment here:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14981&p=164830&viewfull=1#post164830

Cheers DH

GunSlingerAUS
Jul-30-2015, 11:30
I'm loathe to uninstall such an important update, as it apparently impacts many of the features of DirectX and D3D.

THE_ITALIAN_ACE
Feb-13-2016, 10:02
work well on win10,only bad things on the text in the various menĂ¹ of the game

http://reshade.me/

PlaN
Apr-11-2016, 12:42
work well on win10,only bad things on the text in the various menĂ¹ of the game

http://reshade.me/

Potresti passarmi il preset?

Ciao 22GCT_PlaN

Vlerkies
Apr-11-2016, 13:58
I notice a bit of a necro post revival here, but for what its worth Kelso has got some nice settings.
See here
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21847
The enhanced version he uploaded is pretty good.

Baffin
Apr-12-2016, 09:58
It works well in my system and has a variable impact on performance. The more shaders you use, the greater the penalty and chance of strange behavior. I use only one shader with a 10% drop in FPS.

The nice thing is, it's easy to deactivate if you don't like it. I recommend you experiment to find how it works for you. :idea:

ReShade 2.0.3f1 is an improvement over the last version.

9./JG26_Brigg
Apr-12-2016, 13:36
sorry to hijack the thread but I could really use some help with this please guys! when I try to make a profile using the clod launcher it wont let me change the binary setting from d3d9 to dxgi and for the life of me see why and what Iam doing wrong. Thx

E69_Mezzer
Apr-13-2016, 08:31
Hi BRIGGBOY81,

The process to select dxgi is easy and straightforward, just click on dxgi and confirm. The dxgi selection may not appear highlighted but once you confirm the binary selection and run the game with a preset assigned you should see the Reshade loading message in the upper left corner of your screen.

Hope this helps

Mysticpuma
Apr-13-2016, 10:24
Hi Kelso. Can I ask a favour?
Would you be able to send me a profile that has nothing else enabled except the sky debanding feature. No AA, colour changes, nothing but the debander enabled?
Not sure if I has different strengths or not but it's the only feature I would like to test/try and I wonder if you wouldn't mind doing this for me?

Thanks in advance, cheers, MP

E69_Mezzer
Apr-13-2016, 14:37
Hi Kelso. Can I ask a favour?
Would you be able to send me a profile that has nothing else enabled except the sky debanding feature. No AA, colour changes, nothing but the debander enabled?
Not sure if I has different strengths or not but it's the only feature I would like to test/try and I wonder if you wouldn't mind doing this for me?

Thanks in advance, cheers, MP
Naturally, as soon as I can I'll send you the preset.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9301I mediante Tapatalk

9./JG26_Brigg
Apr-14-2016, 08:00
Hi BRIGGBOY81,

The process to select dxgi is easy and straightforward, just click on dxgi and confirm. The dxgi selection may not appear highlighted but once you confirm the binary selection and run the game with a preset assigned you should see the Reshade loading message in the upper left corner of your screen.

Hope this helps

Hi fella, thx got it running now and that's what was confusing me the fact that it wasn't highlighting after clicking on dxgi. It messes with the gui a bit but really liking your enhanced settings and they more than make up for it.

ATAG_Lolsav
Apr-14-2016, 09:05
Using Kelso profile for this. I got rid of the SMAA as it takes too many frames for my poor and old HD6990 ATI/AMD card. But using debanding and the gamma reductor seems to be a plus. With gamma reductor the haze is less hazy and we can see more clearly, enhacing the contrast. That i like. About the colours, they are not yet right. Maybe too bright Kelso, but this is my personnal taste.

9./JG26_Brigg
Apr-17-2016, 10:00
Which setting in the presets would give me the best image quality between SMAA and FXAA

E69_Mezzer
Apr-17-2016, 16:44
Which setting in the presets would give me the best image quality between SMAA and FXAA

BRIGGBOY81,

FXAA has an almost negligible FPS impact but the issue is that it can introduce some blurriness.
SMAA does not result in any significant blurring but may have a severe impact in performance depending on the settings.

Combining FXAA + SMAA may help to reduce the jaggies and enhance the quality overall.

You may want to take a look to the following link:

sweetfx-smaa (https://delightlylinux.wordpress.com/2014/02/17/sweetfx-smaa/)

E69_Mezzer
Apr-17-2016, 17:55
Using Kelso profile for this. I got rid of the SMAA as it takes too many frames for my poor and old HD6990 ATI/AMD card. But using debanding and the gamma reductor seems to be a plus. With gamma reductor the haze is less hazy and we can see more clearly, enhacing the contrast. That i like. About the colours, they are not yet right. Maybe too bright Kelso, but this is my personnal taste.

Thanks for the comments Lolsav,

Your GPU is more powerfull than mine, nvidia GTX760. The Clod Enhanced preset has a performance hit on my system that is only noticeable flying low over areas of buildings and forest or near cloudscapes.
Anyway here you have a basic preset with only two shaders that should not impact the performance, game AA (FXAA) on:

Clod_Basic.7z (http://www.mediafire.com/download/7ypsv8msgmh3y2a/Clod_Basic.7z)

Tonemap Used to give color touch to CloD overall pale look.
Adaptivesharpen to make textures look more detailed and remove blurriness.

Reshade off:

Reshade on:

Comparison slider (https://cdn.knightlab.com/libs/juxtapose/latest/embed/index.html?uid=d24d44e0-04e7-11e6-a524-0e7075bba956)

ATAG_Lolsav
Apr-17-2016, 20:50
Ill give this "basic" one a go.

Vlerkies
Apr-18-2016, 02:27
Ill give this "basic" one a go.

Yup me to, will try it tonight. Thx Kelso.

Kelso, there is a later version of reshade, can we use it/should we use it, or stick with the 2.02

Barone
Apr-18-2016, 04:37
I tried reahade on win 10. It work in the menu but not in game... Any idea why?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 utilizzando Tapatalk

E69_Mezzer
Apr-18-2016, 05:44
I'm using the latest version.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9301I mediante Tapatalk

ATAG_Lolsav
Apr-18-2016, 05:54
Anyway here you have a basic preset with only two shaders that should not impact the performance, game AA (FXAA) on:

Clod_Basic.7z (http://www.mediafire.com/download/7ypsv8msgmh3y2a/Clod_Basic.7z)

Tonemap Used to give color touch to CloD overall pale look.
Adaptivesharpen to make textures look more detailed and remove blurriness.

Reshade off:

Reshade on:

Comparison slider (https://cdn.knightlab.com/libs/juxtapose/latest/embed/index.html?uid=d24d44e0-04e7-11e6-a524-0e7075bba956)

I like it.

Now what i like it about: It has no performance impact on my system, i get images more crispy and the hazzyness i referred before its "dumbed down", making a overall more pleasant experience.

The pros: I get crisypy images and i didnt felt i lost the abbility to "spot" contacts (unless they are on my six and shooting).

The cons: It is a external program... who knows what gremmlins will do to my pc :P

Vlerkies
Apr-18-2016, 16:14
Concur, basic much more subtle and I like it, thx

The previous enhanced profile was a little dark on some of the maps, especially the early morning ones over the channel.

9./JG26_Brigg
Apr-21-2016, 17:30
BRIGGBOY81,

FXAA has an almost negligible FPS impact but the issue is that it can introduce some blurriness.
SMAA does not result in any significant blurring but may have a severe impact in performance depending on the settings.

Combining FXAA + SMAA may help to reduce the jaggies and enhance the quality overall.

You may want to take a look to the following link:

sweetfx-smaa (https://delightlylinux.wordpress.com/2014/02/17/sweetfx-smaa/)

thx for the info Kelso :thumbsup:

Barone
Apr-30-2016, 07:18
My antivirus (norton) recognise the preview exe as a trojan. Does this also happened to you?

Chris Richman
Jun-04-2016, 19:41
Hi,
I was having a few issues with the latest reshade. When I use the assistant and select dxgi.dll, the game will not start.
It keeps hanging on the green MOD screen and then I have to kill the launcher.exe with the task manager.
It works with dxd11 (or 10, i think), but not with the dxgi.
When I use it with dxd11, I can play perfectly offline, but the moment I start an online game, my screen gets blurry and the windows are all messed up (even the resolution seems to change).
I really want to give this a go, it looks beautiful.

Im on Windows 10 , nVidea GTX 850m 8GB ram if that interests someone.

Thx in advance

~Chris~

Chris Richman
Jun-05-2016, 20:01
OK,
sort of figured it out by myself (yaay me!!).
When I select the DXD11 option in the assistant (when you set up a profile), the reshade hooks and everything works flawlessly.

Also, maybe a good idea to turn of Steam-overlay when using Reshade.
The steam overlay is also an effects-injector (similar to Reshade or Sweetfx) and doesn't seem to want to hook to dxgi.
I think that might be the cause of all my problems with trying this out.

Salutations

~Chris~