PDA

View Full Version : Team Fusion Update July 24th 2015 - Just a small update from the trenches

Mysticpuma
Jul-24-2015, 11:29
Hello everyone and welcome to any new followers of Cliffs of Dover and TF.

Work from the team is as mentioned last-time, slower during the summer months and behind TF gates I am running around like crazy trying to find information to use in an update. Once I am allowed to officially name the new theatre I can start showing more models and details about the ongoing map work and map-tool but for now all I can say is what follows.

We currently have one lonely soul coding the map tool. This is a labour of love (more love-hate when coding goes tits up!) and the dedication is truly outstanding. Once complete TF members will be able to use it to quickly (but still with lots of testing) add new maps and therefore expand the playing experience available to the community. Work is still underway building the map-tool but already alpha versions of the new theatre have been created and are being worked on in preparation to start texturing and populating them. Texturing has started and a few variants of the landscape created and I must say I never knew Alaska was so bland :devilish:

Over the last few months we have had modellers join the team and start building new features not only for the new theatre but also for the current one. It is impressive the amount of volunteers who come forward to offer their assistance to us and we really appreciate this. If you know someone who may be interested please pint them towards this thread:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11129

With regards modelling I did post an image on our Facebook page from one of the new guys who has joined the Team (and a very established modder/modeller he is too!). Here's a that image from early WiP on the Beaufighter cockpit:

Also the E-7 is still getting attention to detail with intricate work on the droptank being shown here:

18158 18159

We have a couple of guys working on the Bf-109 internal and external model...as-well as the Bf-109F (and other 'F' types :) ) so the Luftwaffe pilots will have some fun once they get added to the next patch :)

It's important to add that populating the ground is just as important for us as adding new aircraft so here's another WiP model that we should have ready for the Mission builders to use.

18160 18161

That doesn't mean we aren't looking for new aircraft to add....so here's a sneak peak at WiP for an aircraft that could be used in a Battle of France scenario ;) This is being created by another of our modellers, also from a well established pedigree and really enthusiastic about working for the team :thumbsup:

18162 18163 18164 18165

(Please note, this is on the "maybe it will make v5.00 release"., but I thought I'd share the WiP as it is so good :) )

and......that's about it I'm afraid.

Something I would like to share with you is that it is my understanding that a longstanding bug in the atmospheric pressure has finally been found. Fixing it is another challenge but looks like it can be sorted with a good investment in time. This though is a perfect example of why creating patches is a pain, time consuming and leaves the community bewildered as to why these things take so long.

In previous patches aircraft FM have had to be worked around to use the atmospheric setup that already existed. All FM is tested to get it as accurate as possible within the constraints of what we are able to decode and our FM modellers have done and incredible job breaking this down and rebuilding it.

However.......finding this bug and fixing it will mean all the aircraft FM have to be revisited and checked, changed, tested and rechecked. It isn't a simple case of "oh the value of the bug was -1, so let's change all the values of the aircraft to -1".....nope! Sadly all the FM's for current and new aircraft will have to be assessed and redone effectively from scratch, but, this is essential because once new aircraft from later theatre's are installed, having the value accurate will make adding them so much easier........but damn! It's a pain! But ultimately this is the level of attention we are striving for in order to make future patches faster and easier to produce.

The above is just one example of how hard this is to do and why it eats up ours (and yours) time as we chisel away at this challenging project.

Well, that's about it for this update. Hopefully I'll have some more images to share with you next-time but for now this is me signing off.

Cheers, MP/TF

Find us on Facebook here and you may see the occasional update before it appears here:

https://www.facebook.com/teamfusionmod

And though I rarely do this, for me, this picture by Larry posted this week is just amazing! Maybe I'll start posting my favourite picture when I do an update? Cracking picture, love it. If it doesn't say just how good the graphics in this Sim are, I don't think anything will :)

(and no....it isn't Alaska :-P )

LBR=H.Ostermann
Jul-24-2015, 11:52
S!

Well done Team Fusion, i'm speechless! D.520, wow!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Wozaworld
Jul-24-2015, 12:01
I am seriously getting worried about the outcome, of the affect on my life this patch is going to have on me.

fantastic work!

SlowerBanterSir
Jul-24-2015, 12:01
New buildings, a map tool, a new plane ... I thought you said work was slow in the summer! :thumbsup:

ATAG_Lolsav
Jul-24-2015, 12:05
Ah! A Dewoitine D.520

http://www.ww2incolor.com/d/688205-2/d5-dewoitine-d-520-musee-air-espace

Lets twist the historical saying :devilish:

"The battle of england is over. The battle of France is about to begin"

Will there be 2 scenarios with the new patch? Will it increase to a total of 3? With winter/autumn variations?

The atmosphere bug being nailed is one of the most leaps foward it seems. Will redefine engine behaviours at diffrent altitude + wing compression etc. That with the assymetric behaviour (which is not present at the moment) will make almost a whole new sim!

ATAG_Flare
Jul-24-2015, 12:19
Wow! Awesome work TF! This sure brightened up my day.

Continu0
Jul-24-2015, 12:24
Honestly, I did not expect so many good news at this point.:D A D520 is just phenomenal, hearing that alpha-version of the maps are there is a relief!

I have one important question tough: How about moving vehiecles in multiplayer? You know, the battle of france might be great with a dewoitine, but moving ground troops is - in my eyes - something very important for campaigns, dynamic wars, etc... and sadly something that is lacking at the moment...

PS: Work at the beaufighter has begun. Very good! I really hope seeing this aircraft in 5.0. It probably would add a whole new tatical dimension to red! Also, the atmosphere bug having been found, great!

ATAG_Lewis
Jul-24-2015, 12:34
Cheers MP and the TF team....Always in awe and amazement with the hints of what is going on behind the scenes...Very exciting

TeamFusion...If it weren't for you this sim would not exist in its current state and my gaming life would be a whole lot different to the enjoyable and exciting experience I have now...and I am sure your work has brought exactly that to a lot of people...

Thank You

Continu0
Jul-24-2015, 12:36
as-well as the Bf-109F (and other 'F' types :)

(I probably shouldnt write this, but I cant resist...)

other F types? .... F..... F..... Fo.... Focke?

ATAG_Colander
Jul-24-2015, 12:47
(I probably shouldnt write this, but I cant resist...)

other F types? .... F..... F..... Fo.... Focke?

http://speckycdn.sdm.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/hiddenlogo_01.jpg

ATAG_yotheguy
Jul-24-2015, 13:06
It's important to add that populating the ground is just as important for us as adding new aircraft so here's another WiP model that we should have ready for the Mission builders to use.

18160 18161

So cool to see something I made going to be used to enrich such a great sim/community.

Can't be said enough, Thanks everyone that has but their free time into this sim. Thanks for all the help I have received in with 3d modelling. You guy's are King among men!:salute:

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Jul-24-2015, 13:25
I have one important question tough: How about moving vehiecles in multiplayer?

You can already use some vehicles in multiplayer, including Somua and Char B tanks.

But we will be enabling ALL the vehicles currently in the game for multiplayer use... plus of course a whole selection of new vehicles for the new Theater. :D

ATAG_Dave
Jul-24-2015, 13:47
If thats a slow update I cant wait to see a moderately-paced one :)

outstanding as ever - thanks to everyone at TF for the fantastic (& frankly mind bogglingly complicated) work you do.

Continu0
Jul-24-2015, 14:37
You can already use some vehicles in multiplayer, including Somua and Char B tanks.

But we will be enabling ALL the vehicles currently in the game for multiplayer use... plus of course a whole selection of new vehicles for the new Theater. :D

Thanks! I might not have been clear enough: I was talking about the spline roads not getting loaded. Meaning that there are no AI-Vehiecles moving around, no ground battles going on...

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Jul-24-2015, 14:52
Thanks! I might not have been clear enough: I was talking about the spline roads not getting loaded. Meaning that there are no AI-Vehiecles moving around, no ground battles going on...

I have already built a mission which had ground columns moving around. (Seelowe)

So that is entirely possible already. But there is a load on the game, same as AI aircraft flights, so most mission builders don't use moving columns.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Jul-24-2015, 16:20
I would like to clarify Mysticpuma's comments about the atmospheric bug being solved.

It hasn't.

Some information has come to light as a result of testing, which indicates a potential cause, but that has to be confirmed, which will take a lot of code work.

And since the coder is busy with other things, it will need to wait.

So at this stage it is premature to say the problem has been solved.

There are dozens of areas of inquiry going on with the game's model, and final decisions won't likely be taken for quite a while yet.

What I can say is these all will mean the FM players experience with TF 5.0 will be quite a bit more sophisticated and accurate than 4.312.

Thanks for everyone's patience. :salute:

dburne
Jul-24-2015, 16:59
Sounding awesome guys, thanks so much for the update!

♣_Spiritus_♣
Jul-24-2015, 17:29

This can be done but like Buzz said, taxes the system/ATAG/game/whatever. I think most missions on ATAG limit AI to around 30, so that means you can have 30 of anything moving, like in Relinquish I have about 20 ships and 10 trains.

The issue with trucks/convoys is one convoy has about 6 trucks in them, so that counts as 6 AI, not 1. So really if we did away with all ships in a mission you could potentially have about 5 convoys going, or 30 individual trucks.

Skoshi_Tiger
Jul-24-2015, 20:39
Thankyou for the effort and time you are putting into this sim!

Cheers!

ATAG_Ezzie
Jul-24-2015, 20:57
Thanks MP and TF. Really appreciate your updates and ongoing mod work - thanks.

Interesting to see the D520 WiP. RAAF flown Tomahawks flew against these aircraft as did Blennies in Syria in 1941. Be very surprised but very happy if a Syria map is a possibility down track. Was a very minor campaign in the grande scheme of things ( except for those killed and maimed of course) but interesting nonetheless.

Ezzie

Cybermat47
Jul-24-2015, 22:08
That E-7 should scare the Reds... now it isn't just Bf-110s that can get all the way to London and stick around to play :)

Ekko
Jul-25-2015, 09:36
Thank you TF and the puma as well:thumbsup::salute:

Dauntless
Jul-25-2015, 09:38
:-)

Mysticpuma
Jul-25-2015, 11:32
I would like to clarify Mysticpuma's comments about the atmospheric bug being solved.

It hasn't.

Some information has come to light as a result of testing, which indicates a potential cause, but that has to be confirmed, which will take a lot of code work.

There are dozens of areas of inquiry going on with the game's model, and final decisions won't likely be taken for quite a while yet.

What I can say is these all will mean the FM players experience with TF 5.0 will be quite a bit more sophisticated and accurate than 4.312.

Thanks for everyone's patience. :salute:

I'd like to clarify Buzzsaw's comment......I never said it was solved :thumbsup:

"it is my understanding that a longstanding bug in the atmospheric pressure has finally been found. Fixing it is another challenge"

:recon:

Gromit
Jul-25-2015, 12:17
How the hell do you guys not tie yourselves in knots changing all this code?

Blitzen
Jul-25-2015, 12:26
Mouth actually watering!!!!:thumbsup:

RedBeard
Jul-25-2015, 12:52
Impressive!

JG51_Beazil
Jul-25-2015, 13:43
The Dewo!? Awesome! Great plane to add!

Tinkicker
Jul-25-2015, 14:08
I'd like to once again add my thanks to all members of TF, awesome work. Wish I had the talent to help but having once been let loose on solidworks a good few years ago, the outcome was not pretty. As for blender, downloaded it, tried it, can't make head or tail of it. Sorry guys, my head just don't work that way.

Chivas
Jul-25-2015, 18:03
I'd like to clarify Buzzsaw's comment......I never said it was solved :thumbsup:

"it is my understanding that a longstanding bug in the atmospheric pressure has finally been found. Fixing it is another challenge"

:recon:

I think Buzzsaw was saying the actual cause hasn't been proven yet, what was found was a possible cause of the atmospheric bug.

Wolfskid
Jul-26-2015, 17:49
@MysticPuma,
however:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::thumbsup::th umbsup:,
for the Update, and Pics and and and ...

also to the TF Team BIG:kiss::kiss::kiss:es for the WORK and NERVES.

A Great Summertime .....and recreation.....

lg

Wolfskid

IIJG27Rich
Jul-27-2015, 04:20
I got happy feet :)................................................ ..

major_setback
Jul-27-2015, 09:33
....Some information has come to light as a result of testing, which indicates a potential cause, but that has to be confirmed, which will take a lot of code work.

In previous patches aircraft FM have had to be worked around to use the atmospheric setup that already existed. All FM is tested to get it as accurate as possible within the constraints of what we are able to decode and our FM modellers have done and incredible job breaking this down and rebuilding it.

However.......finding this bug and fixing it will mean all the aircraft FM have to be revisited and checked, changed, tested and rechecked. It isn't a simple case of "oh the value of the bug was -1, so let's change all the values of the aircraft to -1".....nope! Sadly all the FM's for current and new aircraft will have to be assessed and redone effectively from scratch....

It sounds like it will entail a lot of hard work testing all the flight models (assuming the problem can be isolated and eliminated). Will this testing only need to be done with the flyable aircraft, or will it also need to be done for the (AI) non-flyable aicraft?

Cheers, Setback

LARRY69
Jul-27-2015, 15:41
It sounds like it will entail a lot of hard work testing all the flight models (assuming the problem can be isolated and eliminated). Will this testing only need to be done with the flyable aircraft, or will it also need to be done for the (AI) non-flyable aicraft?

Cheers, Setback

There will be no more AI aircraft in Patch 5.0!:-P;;)

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r739/larry691/6_zpset7zzwuj.png~original

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r739/larry691/1-6_zpsypiqc4k5.jpg~original

Diamondaxe
Jul-28-2015, 21:19
Exciting update...I'm excited to hear there may be other "f types" I hope this includes the Bf 110F??? Perhaps also some rockets....I'd like to rocket up some tanks...Where can we go to post these kind of requests?

Artist
Jul-29-2015, 01:57
Hi Diamondaxe,

I'd like to rocket up some tanks...Where can we go to post these kind of requests?To faciliate and organize bug reports and feature requests, we have established a bugtracker here at http://tfbt.nuvturais.de. You can enter your request(s) there - and the more historical sources, documentation, images, and the like you research beforehand and link there, the better! And please do read the guidelines here first: http://tfbt.nuvturais.de/projects/il2clodtf/boards/4. But please understand: No promises, ok?

Cheers,
Artist

kosmoface
Jul-30-2015, 20:17
*mind blown*

Just another one to thank you for all the countless hours and hard work!

Oersted
Jul-31-2015, 20:41
Wauwww!! - Can't wait to fly over Anchorage and Kodiak. Alaska is great news, what with the all-important Aleutian theatre of war finally being simulated. :-)

Topgum
Aug-02-2015, 09:04
stunning news.....D-520....F-models-variations...:devilish:
A big, big thank you for your passion that spurs ours on !

cheers TF-team & MP

GerritJ9
Aug-02-2015, 13:25
Dewoitine 520..... that means the new theatre is SYRIA 1941!!!!!:D

Wolfskid
Aug-02-2015, 18:23
Hereby I would like all the modders say a huge thank you for all their working time,the missed time to their family:ind: and their abstinence of other hobbies. Just thank you.
The Sim was good, but through you it is the best BECOME AND WILL .....
Have power and so on a relaxing summer ....

Thank you guys for your work and YOUR nerves.....:)

lg

Wolfskid:)

Marmus
Aug-03-2015, 13:00
Wauwww!! - Can't wait to fly over Anchorage and Kodiak. Alaska is great news, what with the all-important Aleutian theatre of war finally being simulated. :-)

Proof of this new theater, secret image smuggled from behind enemy lines:
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/51/image4pf.jpg

LARRY69
Aug-03-2015, 14:47
Oh... I put the wrong button! Sorry Marmus, I LIKE the last post!:glaughter:

Meaks
Aug-04-2015, 06:00
Nice Marmus!.......btw,too bad re the latest news on the TF5 patch,I guess you guys who were ' Keeping The Dream Alive' will be keeping 'The Dream' in some sort of Cryogenics until late next year then?...............thanks for what you have done for us so far,we really appreciate it fellas :salute:

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Aug-04-2015, 13:28
Nice Marmus!.......btw,too bad re the latest news on the TF5 patch,I guess you guys who were ' Keeping The Dream Alive' will be keeping 'The Dream' in some sort of Cryogenics until late next year then?

The mod is not on hold, we have NOT stopped work, we are not 'in some sort of Cryogenics'... we are working hard on producing new content all the time.

There is more work being done now than there was prior to the other patches.

But we are not going to be dishonest and make promises, or let people have the impression we will be finished sooner than we actually will be.

Whizkid
Aug-05-2015, 15:31
I just cracked up when I read the following line from the thread!

"If you know someone who may be interested please pint them towards this thread:"

Many guys I know would be interested in the "pint" but unfortunately would not be of much help to TF!

Should I find any useful ones I'll buy them as many pints as they can stand, in sheer gratitude to the dedicated people who are

working on this "King of Flight Sims!"

You people are the best of the best in your dedication to this project!

Thank you, Thank you!

hauggy
Aug-06-2015, 03:31
I just noticed this update and my mind is blowned away...again ! B)
Battle of France gave me a hard on lol, I'm so impressed, awesome job, what's the next surprise ? North African front ? V1 rockets ? Another French plane (M.S. 406 please ^^) ? :D
Epic stuff as always, I can't say how grateful I am and I cannot wait for next update !
Keep up the great work guys, you're the best ! :salute:

IIJG27Rich
Aug-08-2015, 17:08

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb322/IIJG27Rich/10245151985_01bcc27380_b%20copy_zpsmvkxb39k.jpg

Ya it's me

ATAG_Flare
Aug-09-2015, 00:38
The Aleutians were the location of the only axis plane shot down by Canada-based fighters, ever. It was a P-40 that shot down a Zero on floats. Then the americans and Canadians attacked the island base with troops, only to find out that the Japanese had abandoned the base weeks earlier!

1lokos
Aug-09-2015, 13:54
Then the americans and Canadians attacked the island base with troops, only to find out that the Japanese had abandoned the base weeks earlier!

"Although the invasion was unopposed, 32 soldiers were killed in friendly-fire incidents, four more by booby traps, and a further 191 were listed as Missing in Action."

Meaks
Aug-10-2015, 08:45
The mod is not on hold, we have NOT stopped work, we are not 'in some sort of Cryogenics'... we are working hard on producing new content all the time.

There is more work being done now than there was prior to the other patches.

But we are not going to be dishonest and make promises, or let people have the impression we will be finished sooner than we actually will be.

Fully understood Buz,btw,I didn't mean any offence by my comments you know,I was just joking with you all at TF,as I stated,you guys are doing a grand job,.........and god knows where we'd be without you :salute:

fly4ever
Aug-12-2015, 09:06
(and no....it isn't Alaska :-P )

...Of course it isn't Alaska...It must be Antarctica then... ;;)

...One more BIG THANKS & EVEN BIGGER CONGRATULATIONS for your unstoppable efforts as a team to fulfil our community's wildest dreams by turning them into reality.This is the least I can do from my side to show to all of you TF members my Admiration and Respect not only for what you're doing but also for what you're trying to do!!!

Nick:salute:

thee_oddball
Aug-16-2015, 13:57
D520.....WOW, I love early war match ups :):) another plane on my lengthy wish list (I'm not asking TF to make it :) ) is the polish P50A.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=89&v=Nr4ky-UGTm4

thnx for all the work TF, :)