PDA

View Full Version : Server #1 down?

ATAG_Deacon
Jul-06-2012, 06:08
Just tried to join, not in list...tried direct connect and time-out. :(

31st_ff_yellow(26)
Sep-19-2012, 08:48
hmmm.... me too now 2 days this week...

play at server #1 and just become an time out kick...
want to reconnect but there i become "server dont answer" :stunned:

but i wanna fly and hmm... ATAG's have #2 :)

letz go... fly 5 mins after become that ugly "Launcher.exe dont work anymore" hmmm....

something with my setup wrong ?

ATAG_Colander
Sep-19-2012, 08:51
I can't connect right now but I have a question.
What mission was running when it died?

Wolf
Sep-19-2012, 09:12
I can't connect right now but I have a question.
What mission was running when it died?

I can not get to the server at the moment. But it may be the channel command. But the last crash was on bob. I will take a look at log in morning. Server 1 and 2 have same mission of channel command kicked off about 3 hours ago. It could be that or the next mission The Bob.

If it is channel command I will take it down in the morning as It will be a bug with removing ships as they return to port maybe.

Will be interesting if CC does to crash on server 2 as it has not in ages

Either way I may take it off line for son tests tomorrow

ATAG_Torian
Sep-19-2012, 09:40
Both are now down.

ATAG_Colander
Sep-19-2012, 10:53
Server #1 back up.

ATAG_Snapper
Sep-19-2012, 10:56
Many thanks!:D

ATAG_Colander
Sep-19-2012, 11:04
Wolf,

Can you please send this error to the devs?

ATAG_Bliss
Sep-19-2012, 13:22
I can not get to the server at the moment. But it may be the channel command. But the last crash was on bob. I will take a look at log in morning. Server 1 and 2 have same mission of channel command kicked off about 3 hours ago. It could be that or the next mission The Bob.

If it is channel command I will take it down in the morning as It will be a bug with removing ships as they return to port maybe.

Will be interesting if CC does to crash on server 2 as it has not in ages

Either way I may take it off line for son tests tomorrow

Are you sure the error wasn't because the commander wasn't restarted? Every single time a mission gets updated, you must re-start the commander, you must also delete/reselect the mission via the commander or it will hang.

Considering both servers went down, I would almost guess both got updated with different version of missions without those steps above.

ATAG_Colander
Sep-19-2012, 13:29
Bliss,

No. The "normal" errors either kill launcher or launcher pops a dialog with an error. The Watchdog catches all these.

The problem is that the error (on my previous post) is making Windows to open a dialog with the typical "Launcher has stopped working" but launcher is not dying, it stays like in pause.
I modified the watchdog to catch this but I need to test it before I put it on the servers.

Colander.

ATAG_Bliss
Sep-19-2012, 15:26
Its a bug. I tested this and posted about it in the admin section. If you update a mission without restarting the commander it will hang 100% of the time either the 1st or second rotation. That's the only reason I asked. If the commander/server is shutting down then there must be a mission error as it would run for months on end with the latest beta and those same missions besides CM without fault. I think this is probably another case of doing too much for what the game can currently handle with Channel Command.

Wolf
Sep-19-2012, 16:55
Its a bug. I tested this and posted about it in the admin section. If you update a mission without restarting the commander it will hang 100% of the time either the 1st or second rotation. That's the only reason I asked. If the commander/server is shutting down then there must be a mission error as it would run for months on end with the latest beta and those same missions besides CM without fault. I think this is probably another case of doing too much for what the game can currently handle with Channel Command.

I think it was the bug bliss is talking about with the launcher pause cause the mission was not deleted and re added. But will look at log now if any sign of mission code error.

CC is toned down a bit and does not cause crash just from all it is trying to do. It is just either a bug in code when a ship returns to dock or the bug with watchdog.

Wolf
Sep-19-2012, 16:57
Wolf,

Can you please send this error to the devs?

Done. I have sent this direct to their dev programmer.

Interesting, I was on server 1 and just before I clicked on anything to remove Channel Command from the list, I noticed that the current game playing just stopped and next mission started up. I looked back at the log to confirm and I could see no announcement that mission was ending.

I wonder if there is anyone that is joining and trying to record video?

Anyway, I have the log from last night and I have removed channel command for now. It will be gone for 2 days as I make some changes and test on server 2. When removing it I did stop the watchdog and restart it just to make sure.

I then went to Server 2 and removed Channel Command, Removed/replaced log, closed watch dog. Started watchdog and added channel command. Closed watch dog and then restarted watchdog and started channel command.

So if there is a crash today I can pin point where it is in mission. Today I will add code to identify each mission by name when it loads to help track any bug.