PDA

View Full Version : Spitfire Mk IIa performance tests - Patch 1.07.18301

=AN=Felipe
Jul-06-2012, 16:49
Hello gentleman!

Is with a great honor to anoucce the new performance tests.

Hope you enjoy this tests!

Settings:

No winds, full fuel tanks, full loadout, pilot with parachute, radiator open, summer conditions, takeoff from Manston.

--------

Spitfire Ia , Spitfire Ia 100oct and hurris will come soon! We are working hard to colect all datas.

=AN=Felipe

Catseye
Jul-06-2012, 21:20
Hello gentleman!

Is with a great honor to anoucce the new performance tests.

Hope you enjoy this tests!

Settings:

No winds, full fuel tanks, full loadout, pilot with parachute, radiator open, summer conditions, takeoff from Manston.

--------

Spitfire Ia , Spitfire Ia 100oct and hurris will come soon! We are working hard to colect all datas.

=AN=Felipe

Well done!!!
Looks like 2800 rpm is, to me, the best for performance and engine temps combined.

Did you experience any overheating?
cheers

=AN=Felipe
Jul-06-2012, 23:04
no no all temperatures using 2800 still between 100єC 104єC, but that depends what altitude you are, at 18k+ i dont get overheating with 2800 neather 3000 for a long time... but 3000rpm still overheating under 14k- too easy, you have to watch out when use 3000rpm to accelerate your plane...

At 18k+ you can use all settings with no problem, of course you have to pay attention in your temp, dont exceed 115єC or your engine will blow...

At 18k+ the best setting i test and i use is 2800rpm when i want to accelerate and mantain my energy for more time, works preaty good so far :D

hope i help you! :salute:

Robo.
Jul-07-2012, 09:13
Great stuff, Felipe. Thank you very much.

ATAG_Colander
Jul-07-2012, 09:15
I normally don't fly red but I hope this helps the spit pilots to get the most out of their planes.