PDA

View Full Version : Information On Modding

BigPickle
Aug-09-2015, 08:48
Hello,

I'd like to develop my own small mod for Cliffs of Dover, a sound mod.

Where can I find any information or tutorials on how to do these things?

Cheers

Continu0
Aug-09-2015, 09:15
To my knowledge there is no information / tutorials about this. The only possible way to get knowledge on how to mod Cliffs of Dover is joining Team Fusion. But then you probably have to work for the team, because they work as a team and not as seperate people, everyone doing their own mod.

If that is an option for you, then this might be the link you need:
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11129

If not, I guess you have to find out yourself on how it has to be done.... but maybe someone else knows more about modding sounds...

Catseye
Aug-09-2015, 11:08
To my knowledge there is no information / tutorials about this. The only possible way to get knowledge on how to mod Cliffs of Dover is joining Team Fusion. But then you probably have to work for the team, because they work as a team and not as seperate people, everyone doing their own mod.

If that is an option for you, then this might be the link you need:
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11129

If not, I guess you have to find out yourself on how it has to be done.... but maybe someone else knows more about modding sounds...

TF has encrypted their modifications to prevent a proliferation of uncoordinated mods as in early IL2 and others. It is essential for them to maintain control over their work in order to prevent chaos within the community and also to prevent those who have demonstrated in the past, that modifications to areas involving exploitation will happen.

The integrity of their work, the integrity of the SIM and in particular the integrity of the CLOD community is essential.

Therefore, regrettably, the ability to modify the file structure within TF modified CLOD is not possible.

1lokos
Aug-09-2015, 12:15
CloD has cheat from day one.:

04/13/2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68C1GoAH2gc

Posted on Suhoi fórum (RiP)

i use it in online about 3 daus ago.
there is no any affect at this time.
my IMHO-steam isn't god solution.
The game need some special protections from cheaters.
ZloyPetrushkO 1 day ago

Just using Keygets.DLL to extract the .SFS files, to change the performance, armament parameters... is just mater of edit text files.

So, thanks to TF to lock the things. :thumbsup:

BigPickle
Aug-11-2015, 12:43
TF has encrypted their modifications to prevent a proliferation of uncoordinated mods as in early IL2 and others. It is essential for them to maintain control over their work in order to prevent chaos within the community and also to prevent those who have demonstrated in the past, that modifications to areas involving exploitation will happen.

The integrity of their work, the integrity of the SIM and in particular the integrity of the CLOD community is essential.

Therefore, regrettably, the ability to modify the file structure within TF modified CLOD is not possible.

Whilst I understand they want to keep control of their mod which of course makes sense, you also are telling me they are not sharing information on how to mod the game?
I have tried to contact them about applying to join them to mod sound but never even get a reply.

Without that passage of information on how to mod the stock game, their is no CLOD modding community.

This type of information should not be keep secret to benefit any one modder or modding group or, or at very worst to stop competition.
Hardly community spirit.

Continu0
Aug-11-2015, 13:05
I really have to disagree here. The community is way too small for competition, the only way to go is ONE mod, and ONE team. The community is waaay too small to be split up into different mod versions.... Besides that, everyone who wishes can start moddifying the vanilla version and try to compete with team fusion. good luck with that... :-)

I am surprised that you did not get an answer, that is odd. maybe the PR-Guy of TF is on holiday. I am sure you will get a response sooner or later.

BigPickle
Aug-16-2015, 05:04
I really have to disagree here. The community is way too small for competition, the only way to go is ONE mod, and ONE team. The community is waaay too small to be split up into different mod versions.... Besides that, everyone who wishes can start moddifying the vanilla version and try to compete with team fusion. good luck with that... :-)

I am surprised that you did not get an answer, that is odd. maybe the PR-Guy of TF is on holiday. I am sure you will get a response sooner or later.

Exactly why there is no modding community.

See you.

Mysticpuma
Aug-16-2015, 06:44
BigPickle.
Sorry if you never got a reply. I do remember your message and I.did pass it on. If you didn't get a response apologies about that. I do.know I side TF we have a chap who has re-written all of the sound banks so all audio in the Sim can be modified as was shown in a previous Friday update.
If you would like to.send me a PM with what you are able to TF I will pass it on again and chase it up until you get an answer.
Either way, apologies for my indiscretion in regards to your previous message.....I do.my best but even Mrs Mysticpuma will tell you, I do have some occasional moments of lapsing :(

Cheers, MP