PDA

View Full Version : Spitfire Mk Ia 100oct performance tests - Patch 1.07.18301

=AN=Felipe
Jul-08-2012, 09:54
Hello gentleman!

Is with a great honor to anoucce the new performance tests.

Settings:

No winds, full fuel tanks, full loadout, pilot with parachute, radiator open, summer conditions, takeoff from Manston.

--------

So lets talk about this tests.

Spitfire Ia 100oct and nothing its the same thing, they produce an airplane with bugs, unreal performance, impossible to manage your engine with WEP, (the engine calls for weak mixture, when you set the weak mixture the water temperature grows too fast, i never see that), impossible use full trhottle under 20k for 15 seconds with hight rpm (2800rpm and 3000rpm), impossible reach 23k ft like IIa...

At climb settings (+9lb boost - 2600rpm) i reach hight temperatures, unexpected in these conditions, i confess i was surprised, we have a plane who cant use all your power, oops he got no power

Unexpected behavior of engine over 19k ft, the temperature of water radiator cool down too fast, 115єC to 98єC in 7 seconds... the temperature should be between 100єC and 105єC

Under 19k ft, the engine blows up between 108єC and 112єC, under the operational WEP limits..................

----------------------

Its good we do this tests to show you pilots, and dev (if they want to see) how this airplanes works and for those who think nothing its happening and think everything its great.

Have a great wekend guys! Hope you enjoy this tests, and use this to avoid Ia 100oct...

One more question... ATAG admins, why you limit Ia 100oct? Dont worry, Spit 100oct and nothing its the same thing :thumbsup:

=AN=Felipe

ATAG_Snapper
Jul-08-2012, 16:09
This is a tremendous effort -- thanks to both Felipe and Apache for doing this work! (And yes, the attached PDF comes up beautifully on an iPad :) ).Clearly, much work needs to be done by the devs to get the FM's right. I'm puzzled that they don't do this kind of testing themselves, or, if they do, why they don't correct it before beta release! But a good indication that testing on an online server is NOT done is demonstrated by the non-starting Hurricane.It would be great if some intrepid Blue pilots could do the same tests on a 109 so we could overlay the charts. Observations like engine endurance at full WEP would be useful as well.

Dutch
Jul-08-2012, 18:39
Excellent piece of work Felipe. Many thanks. :thumbsup:

I've not had a chance to actually test these new FMs yet owing to real life interference, plus I have to say I'm at a stage where I personally can't be bothered doing this kind of testing anymore, so I'm very grateful to you for producing this analysis.

That's a peculiar spike (trough?) in the graph at 16,000ft though. Have you posted this at 1C?

If not, I think you should.

Very good job indeed. :salute:

ChiefRedCloud
Jul-08-2012, 20:27
http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/1586/willeyspitthanku.png

=AN=Felipe
Jul-08-2012, 22:40
Hey guys! Many thx!

Yes dutch im posting this on 1c forum too, but i have a strange impression the devs dont see this, i dont know lol...

This spikes happend becouse the engine pass the operational limit, so the temperature grows to fast at that altitude with full throttle setting, so i have to stop accelerarion or engine will blow. So we can see in that altitude we cant use full throtle settings...

I think this kind of work need suport from pilots who fly cliffs of dover, we have to Charge from devs to see works and try outs like this to improve our simulation closer to real thing.

Im very happy you guys are glad to see this kind of work, make me confident to continue =}

Cya and thx

ATAG_Septic
Jul-09-2012, 09:30
Great work Felipe, thanks very much for sharing this.

Septic.