PDA

View Full Version : DCS P51D - new beta issued July 10, 2012

ATAG_Snapper
Jul-10-2012, 08:08
http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1499891&postcount=1

Doc
Jul-10-2012, 09:08
I cannot purchase this for some reason. But I think its pre-purchase only not a downloadable beta. Would love to add it to my collection. :thumbsup:

ATAG_Snapper
Jul-10-2012, 09:41
I have a bunch of downloads going: 4 for the new DCS World (1 .exe file, 3 .bin files), plus the new P51 beta (1 .exe file).

Because this beta is a complete sim, it cannot be installed on top of the previous beta. In other words, I must first uninstall the former DCS World currently on my drive, along with uninstalling the former P51D beta that will be replaced by the new files currently downloading.

Don't know why you can't pre-purchase the new beta (the same as I had prepurchased the first beta). The last beta before today's release was the 2nd one released and I had no trouble downloading and installing (after going through the uninstall of the original beta). Hopefully this new #3 beta installation will go as easily as the previous installs. It's a bit of a nuisance with the huge downloads compared to a smaller patch, but I ain't complainin'! :D I gotta say, these DCS boys know what they're doing. The readme notes are quite comprehensive. They even gave the pilot figure (seen in external views) a WW2 helmet as an option to replace the modern flight helmet since some on the forum complained the modern helmet was an immersion-breaker! LOL

Some of the more notable additions to today's beta is more pronounced pre-stall shake (this P51D is a squirrelly beast!), plus some of the coolant and oil pressure and temp systems are now activated -- you have to be more careful when going full boost, etc. I presume.

Chair1
Jul-10-2012, 10:36
Thanks for the heads up.

:geek:

ATAG_Torian
Jul-26-2012, 08:54
She is quite a pony. Be fun to set up a lil dogfight multiplayer map with these. Guess icons would have to b on tho so u would know who to shoot.
What Axis plane would u like to see them make to have a pretty well matched df with ?
FW 190 A8 maybe?

ATAG_Snapper
Jul-26-2012, 09:01
The 190's would be cool. The trailer for this sim shows two 109's parked on the tarmac while the P51 taxis by. Just a teaser, no doubt!

ChiefRedCloud
Jul-31-2012, 13:01
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4g0PmoQxMg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGY-GyC1oW8&feature=related

Coming from CloD, this flight model is touchy! I'm hoping it's just a joystick sensitivity issue, but when I bank and ease back for a turn my G940 goes nuts and the aircraft wants to spin at any speed! I'm hoping your earlier suggestion to someone else for a "16" curvature slider setting will help me out when I get home from work today...

WeMustExploit 2 weeks ago

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yeah it just takes some tweaking, try even going as far as 20 curve! =) just to see what happens, if 16 no worky for you.

Lonewo1fg in reply to WeMustExploit 2 weeks ago

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was better tonight. I'm learning to ride that "razor's edge" of stall that is much more pronounced in dcs. FFB helps a lot for that stall cue. Have you tried a G940? I just bought one and I'm kinda still torn between this and the TM Warthog...I love the FFB, but hate the "stirring a bucket of rocks" feel I sometimes get. Got any comparison experience between the two?

WeMustExploit in reply to Lonewo1fg 2 weeks ago

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comparison experience no, but I do have a TM Warthog. It is very smooth, and very heavy LOL the thing weighs a ton and broke my pull out keyboard trey! Had to get some heavy duty rails to handle the weight LOL. But the action of the stick and throttle is very smooth. Much better than the X52 I had. Would love to try force feed back someday, but I'm not sure how I would like it as I love my smoothness.

Lonewo1fg in reply to WeMustExploit 2 weeks ago

Dutch
Jul-31-2012, 18:46
I have a bunch of downloads going: 4 for the new DCS World (1 .exe file, 3 .bin files), plus the new P51 beta (1 .exe file).

I'm downloading DCS world as I speak, mainly because I've finally got a tentative grasp of the A-10, and there's a new version available as long as you have 'world'.

'Select the TAD MFCD as SOI and zoom out to see the flight plan, then select the HUD as SOI and use the DMS up function to select the anchor waypoint. Select DSMS on the left MFCD and select EO on in the missile menu, then select the right MFCD as SOI and once the seeker is aligned use long forward China hat function to automatically assign the SPI to the anchor waypoint. Then using the coolie hat slew function select a specific target and press weapon release'.

Believe it or not, the above sort of makes sense to me now. And I thought adjusting my gunsight to 150yds every sortie was a nuisance......

Hmmm, DCS World also comes with a free Su-25 'Frogfoot' which looks strangely sexy in a sort of 'copulating crow' kind of a way. :devilish:

ATAG_Snapper
Jul-31-2012, 19:48
The DCS World bin downloads took forever, but it all installed with no problem. The P51D is still in beta, with some cooling systems yet to be activated. Very impressive so far, though. I have the Frogfoot, but haven't fired her up yet.

Doc
Jul-31-2012, 20:24
Anyone have combined arms?

Dutch
Jul-31-2012, 22:29
Anyone have combined arms?

Not yet, but I may just get it for the hell of it. On the other hand there is the P-51.

Erm, maybe both. Good grief, this is far more expensive than Rise of Flight. :D

Doc
Jul-31-2012, 23:19
I have P-51 as well as Fear, Recoil and Snapper. We need to get an ATAG display team going.

If you get combined arms please inform me just what the heck I am supposed to do!

:thumbsup:

Recoilfx
Aug-01-2012, 07:28
Yeah, I have been playing P-51D single player more lately. Mainly because I just don't have time to fly across the channel looking for spitfire dots....

We need to organize some DCS World flights! Even if it's only P-51D vs P-51D (why don't we also throw in GAU8 only A10s). Heck, even formation flying would be great!

Dutch
Aug-01-2012, 08:49
We need to organize some DCS World flights! (why don't we also throw in GAU8 only A10s). Heck, even formation flying would be great!

Totally Agree with that statement! It struck me the other day that instead of learning how to pilot a MWLL mech and getting killed a lot, I could master the A-10 and get killed a lot instead. :D