PDA

View Full Version : Anyone help me with Warthog and Rudder pedals setup

philstyle
Aug-21-2015, 09:20
Control set up in SC is a nightmare.
Anyone been through this and can help me out with Warthog + Rudders setup?
Am happy to meet on TS with anyone

MJDixon
Aug-22-2015, 07:56
What issues are you having with the keymapping, Phil?

It used to be annoying setting up controls for Star Citizen a while back, as there was no keymap option in game, so you had to edit xml files and the like, but these days there's a full keymap option page (under Keybinding on the options page, then select the Joystick/HOTAS image and click on Advanced, or some such) which lets you set individual keys and axes, and also a page for editing deadzones and curves and such, under Controls Options.

The main issue I have these days is you have to remap your controls after each patch.

(I also use a Warthog and Saitek Pedals, but use T.A.R.G.E.T to map some of my buttons to key-presses, as it's easier than remapping everything after each patch, and use the Saitek software to map strafe forward/backwards to my toe brakes.)

Brem
Nov-28-2017, 01:41
The main issue I have these (http://lord-of-the-ocean-slot.com) days is you have to remap your controls after each patch.

(I also use a Warthog and Saitek Pedals, but use T.A.R.G.E.T to map some of my buttons to key-presses, as it's easier than remapping everything after each patch, and use the Saitek software to map strafe forward/backwards to my toe brakes.)

Thanks for the clariication!

Salmo
Nov-28-2017, 06:28

Hi Phil. I too have a warthog & having difficulty with the setup. I'd be glad to meet on TS. I mapped aleoron, elevator & throttle directly to the stick outputs under aircraft axis. Then I went through other aircraft functions & set strange key combo's (like alt-period) to some of the game control functions. I then opened TARGET GUI & mapped those key combo's to various switches & sliders on the throttle & joystick. It took quite some time to understand how TARGET GUI works & there doesn't appear to be many useful tutorials on that subject around. I used the 'event-tester' inside TARGET GUI to check if various buttons, switches were outputting the right key-combos.

QB.Creep
Dec-26-2017, 16:53
This may be of some use. I used this guy's profile back when I still cared about this project: https://www.patreon.com/solarfly

Vlerkies
Dec-26-2017, 17:21

Same here man, Warthog and Crosswind pedals.
I sorta just lost interest everytime I tried to get it sorted. Its a nightmare.

I scoured around on youtube and found a few tut's but the SC crowd seems to think making 90minute feature movies of how to do stuff while telling you not to much is the in thing. :)