PDA

View Full Version : bad fps with new patch help is needed

Little_D
Jul-11-2012, 07:06
Hi gents,

I have the following problem since the new patch came out:

My System:

AMD 64 X2 Dual Core 6000+ 3,1 GHz, 4 GB DDR 2 800 MHz, GTX 560 TI 2GB, TR 5 with clip. Nvidia driver 301.24. No settings changed in the controlpannel.

Before the new patch i had everything on High exept buildings detail and buldings this on low and very low. gras on, shadows on, roads on. I get about 40 fps, avarage 55 fps, and max 70 fps, on the ground and in the air. Even in a dogfight with more than 10 planes around, over england (Hawking) on the deck.

Now with the new patch i have to set everything to medium, buildings and buildingsditail still at low and very low and gras off. I get 20 fps, avarage 30 fps, and max 40 fps. in a dogfight with more than 3 planes at low alt or over england (hawking) i get a slidshow or when i zoom in to ID a target.

When i go back to the old betapatch everything is ok again.

regards

ATAG_Deacon
Jul-11-2012, 07:18
Hi gents,

My System:

AMD 64 X2 Dual Core 6000+ 3,1 GHz, 4 GB DDR 2 800 MHz, GTX 560 TI 2GB, TR 5 with clip. Nvidia driver 301.24. No settings changed in the controlpannel.

Before the new patch i had everything on High exept buildings detail and buldings this on low and very low. gras on, shadows on, roads on. I get about 40 fps, avarage 55 fps, and max 70 fps, on the ground and in the air. Even in a dogfight with more than 10 planes around, over england (Hawking) on the deck.

Now with the new patch i have to set everything to medium, buildings and buildingsditail still at low and very low and gras off. I get 20 fps, avarage 30 fps, and max 40 fps. in a dogfight with more than 3 planes at low alt or over england (hawking) i get a slidshow or when i zoom in to ID a target.

regards

~S~ Little D,

I have the same issue when low. When I am up high I don't have any problems what so ever. I think increase in clouds at low level might be the issue, not sure. Just my opinion, anyone else experience this?

Deacon

Little_D
Jul-11-2012, 07:47
Hi gents,

My System:

regards

Something i forgot to say:

before new patch my GTX use 1.9 GB of his memory. (detected wis MSI Afterburner)
new patch it only use 1.2 GB of his memory. (detected wis MSI Afterburner)

@Deacon

can be, but way the hell my GTX use about 700 MB less memory now? And even when i fly and fight high at 5000 - 6500 meters when i zoom in to ID targets or with more then 10 planes i get this bad fps.

regards

ATAG_EvangelusE
Jul-11-2012, 20:39
My system is pretty close to yours. I had to set shadows 'off' with this patch as my fps were worse. Clouds cause a big fps hit in MP untill I get high above them. Some of my settings are High and others medium. My 17in monitor is only 1024 x 768 so I guess that helps my performance.

I usually check beta patch performance in a few single player missions then try MP on various servers running the Channel map as some have clouds disabled but I always delete the cache folder after re-setting any video options. That cache folder seems to get increasingly larger and then my performance takes a hit so I delete it and start fresh anyway.

ATAG_Deacon
Jul-11-2012, 20:43
~S~ Little D

can be, but way the hell my GTX use about 700 MB less memory now? And even when i fly and fight high at 5000 - 6500 meters when i zoom in to ID targets or with more then 10 planes i get this bad fps.

Wish I had an answer for you...alas, I do not. I run 3072x768 (1024x768 across 3 monitors). I get medium to low fps as is. I can 't fly at native resolution or I get 20-30 fps high and a slide show low.

Deacon

Little_D
Jul-12-2012, 02:37
Hi Gents, Hi Deacon, Hi EvangelusE

looks like the problem is solved :thumbsup:

i did a complet reinstall of the game, to get new config etc. After the reinstall i put my grafic back to old settings, so all to high, buildings and buildings detail at low tree details at medium. Shadows, gras and roads on and i get fps about 40, avarage 55, max 70 on the deck. Have to ckeck more when the server is full and i have lots of action around me. But so far so good :D .

my GTX still use 1.2 GB insted of 1.9 GB

i hope i dont have to reinstall the game after every patch.

regards

ATAG_Snapper
Jul-12-2012, 14:39
I'm glad you got it working OK, Little_D.

Before installing a new beta patch I first erase my Softclub cache folder (including the Shaders folder within), then have Steam "verify" my files. This returns CoD back to the last retail version. Then I paste the new beta files into the CoD core folder C:/Progam(x86)/Steam/Steam Apps/Common/Il2Sturmovik. Seems to work OK and a little faster than doing a complete uninstall/install.

Little_D
Jul-12-2012, 14:45
Hi Snapper,

me too :) I dit it like you wrote it and get this bad fps, so looks like it works sometime this way and somtimes not.

See you in the air

regards

Little_D
Jul-12-2012, 18:30
Hi EvangelusE,

i make my shadows off too now and get most time stady 60 fps even on the ground at hawking with lots of flak and planes, nice tip :salute:.
some other thing in notice is, in config now visibillity distance is 3 not 4 and mesh show LOD is 0 and the planes dont dissapire when i get close and the dots are mutch better to see and to follow. when i try to ID targets in zoom i can now say mutch more eayser if it is a frind or enemy. from far away i can see now the shape and the color of the plane. but i dont think this is because i turnd shadows off.

i play 1280 x 1024

regards