PDA

View Full Version : The instructions are not clear enough

Chumbuster
Aug-22-2015, 05:57
Hi all

Ok i have played il2 sturmovik since the first

My god why does it take so much to get the game you want? I pay for the game and it doesnt work, so then i search the net and find that you need all these 3rd prty patches. But, it is not clear what i need to do to get the game working. There is instructions which take up 1000's of words which should only take one download link to get the game working.

Can someone please explain what i need to download? Do i need all patches? 3.0, 3.01, 4.0, and 4.3? or do i just need 4.0+4.03? like was sugested? Cmon just make it all in one download

So anyone got an answer, it should only take you 2-3 sentences for your instructions, not a link to directions which blabber on and on about stuff i dont care about.
What do i need? patch 3.0+3.01+4.0+4.3? or what?

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Aug-22-2015, 06:09
It is not possible to explain everything in two or three sentences.

But if you follow the instructions of the thread below, you'll have no problems.

Thousands have.

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5058&p=52711

And you need 3.0, 3.01, 4.0, 4.3 and 4.312.

ATAG_Lewis
Aug-22-2015, 06:13
Welcome to the community and forums Chumbuster...~S~

You need all 5 patches

...Lew...

*I have edited my usual 'Welcome Post' especially for you Chumbuster to keep it as simple as possible...and got it in 3 sentences as is your brief'

Mysticpuma
Aug-22-2015, 09:37
And you come to.this without official support, just a group of guys who wanted to get CloD working and have done so for thousands of users.
Sorry it isn't a perfect install system, but at least there is a system rather than the software being abandoned.
As Buzzsaw and Lewis have said, follow the instructions and you'll be up and running in about 30 minutes maximum.
Cheers, MP

ATAG_Lewis
Aug-22-2015, 12:30
Hi all

My god why does it take so much to get the game you want? I pay for the game and it doesnt work, so then i search the net and find that you need all these 3rd prty patches. But, it is not clear what i need to do to get the game working. There is instructions which take up 1000's of words which should only take one download link to get the game working.

Can someone please explain what i need to download? Do i need all patches? 3.0, 3.01, 4.0, and 4.3? or do i just need 4.0+4.03? like was sugested? Cmon just make it all in one download

So anyone got an answer, it should only take you 2-3 sentences for your instructions, not a link to directions which blabber on and on about stuff i dont care about.

Just YOU hang on one minute!..........I just realised......it took YOU 13 sentences to complain and tell us we should be giving YOU ALL the instructions in 2-3 sentences..!.....I have no idea how you would know how long something takes to explain when you have no knowledge of what it is that needs explanation?

Oh Boy!....someones going to make friends real fast here!!...lol...Hang on...is somebody having a wind up?...This is an introduction for comedic effect...right?... :doh:

ATAG_Colander
Aug-22-2015, 13:28
Simple instructions:
1.- Disable your Antivirus
2.- Download ALL the patches
3.- Run the installer for each patch
4.- Enable your AV
5.- Run the game
6.- Exit the game
7.- You are done, MODs are installed.
8.- Play and compare before/after.
9.- Thank TF for their work.
10.- Thank TF for their work.
11.- Thank TF for their work.
12.- Thank TF for their work.

ATAG_Freya
Aug-22-2015, 14:04
Thankyou, TF, for your work. (I only went up to #11, now I'm officially patched up!)

:)

Artist
Aug-22-2015, 14:22
Again I feel humbled by the unbelievable patience and politeness this community upholds at all times.

-=7th-DR=-Milo
Aug-22-2015, 18:10
Well, it reached an inevitable conclusion here: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18419

RCAF Rob
Aug-22-2015, 19:15
What an ...uh.. donkey. Whew, that was close...

Whizkid
Aug-22-2015, 19:42
Chumbuster, I'm 83 yrs old and can only imagine what your parents have had to go through to get you to survive in this world!
I don't think I've ever seen such an ignorant, foul-mouthed, petulant, childish, series of posts in my life, especially toward people that are doing nothing but try and help you! Please go to some teenage site that will respond in like manner to your rants. We are mature people here, and care nothing for your infantile ravings. GROW UP, SONNY!

ChiefRedCloud
Aug-22-2015, 22:39
I personally start the game up and jump in an aircraft after each patch to insure it works. Then, assuming it did, I move on to the next patch. Till you have the finely TF patched work of art. Incidentally, TF is indeed working on a self installer but like everything, it takes time to put all this together.

Welcome To Cliffs of Dover and ATAG ...

Chief

philstyle
Aug-23-2015, 03:42
Can someone please explain what i need to download?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryg9-6iD74s

This video has been available for more than a year now. Dunno why people keep posting screeds of "how to" text.
I think Snapper also made a really simple install video too.

VIDEOS > TEXT INSTRUCTIONS

Volunteer
Aug-23-2015, 04:41
Chumbuster, will you play Red or Blue?

Just asking -- we'd all like to know ........ :devilish: :devilish:

Stalfos01
Aug-23-2015, 06:04
Hi all

This is actually sad.

Obviously this guy wanted help and was just frustrated how many loop holes hes had to jump through after he buy the game

Was almost like you guys couldnt handle "Chumbustr" venting off abit of steam over the situation and now he is banned

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/images/icons/icon13.png

Stalfos01
Aug-23-2015, 06:08
Chumbuster, I'm 83 yrs old and can only imagine what your parents have had to go through to get you to survive in this world!
I don't think I've ever seen such an ignorant, foul-mouthed, petulant, childish, series of posts in my life, especially toward people that are doing nothing but try and help you! Please go to some teenage site that will respond in like manner to your rants. We are mature people here, and care nothing for your infantile ravings. GROW UP, SONNY!

Series of posts?

Stalfos01
Aug-23-2015, 06:14
Ok

Im gonna fess up, this is Chumbuster

Sorry

But i have followed the instructions. I installed patch 3.0, 3.01, 4.0, 4.3 ,4.312

I try and run the game as admin with vanilla. No launch

Install patch 3.0, run as admin, no go

Install patch 3.01, and so on, trying each time to run as admin... No go

Using windows 10, Specs:

Intel i7-4510u
Nvidia gt-840m
4gb ddr3

If someone answers thanks in advance, but i doubt some may bother to help

Stalfos01
Aug-23-2015, 06:34
Might aswell say this probly gonna get banned anyway so who cares how i am judged

This is Chumbuster created a new account. I suffer from Bipolar and take medication for it. I am sorry for the outburst but i just wanted to say that it did actually make me abit upset not being able to play the game i love so badly. I took time and did my best to see if i coud do anything to get the game running. I guess after spending time trying and following the instructions and not being able to get the game working made me upset and i apologise for that.

TWC_Fatal_Error
Aug-23-2015, 06:39
OK, I will be glad as anyone here to help in any way I can to get you up and running If you would like to meet me on the atag teamspeak we could work this out in a way that you could enjoy all the hard work teamfusion has put into this simulation with no blasting or sarcasm of which is very unusual for this forum.

I have found that when doing a new install first you must DL the vanilla version and run it to confirm it works if it won't run in vanilla something is stopping it and will continue to do so in all versions afterward.

So first things first reload vanilla, then start the game do your setup in video, audio, and look to see it is version 1.1 i believe in the lower right corner of the screen this would be the updated steam version.

If you would like to jump in a plane in single player fine go right ahead just to make sure everything is up and running. From there just install the patches in order as all have said before but you should run the game between each install looking to the lower right side of the screen verifies each patches version and lets you know all is well.

This you would continue until all patches have been done and you will be go to go except for your setup in controls and such. As I have stated in the beginning go to teamspeak on ATAG and I will be glad to help you get started. Fatal

Stalfos01
Aug-23-2015, 06:41
Truth is, feels pretty crap not being able to control yourself 100% even with medication. I am happy that i am able to concentrate and focus most of the time with the help of medication. I thought you guys would have understood things like this, It saddens me to witness people being totally miss understood.

So again i am sorry for lashing out, i got frustrated and lost it and took it out on you guys.

I am sure you can hack it but. So please dont ban me again cos its just a waste of time for both you and me. I wil simply make another account

Continu0
Aug-23-2015, 08:11
Do I conclude right that you play it on a laptop?
Also, can you tell if you have a 32bit or a 64bit system?

ATAG_Colander
Aug-23-2015, 08:28
Ok

Im gonna fess up, this is Chumbuster

Sorry

But i have followed the instructions. I installed patch 3.0, 3.01, 4.0, 4.3 ,4.312

I try and run the game as admin with vanilla. No launch

Install patch 3.0, run as admin, no go

Install patch 3.01, and so on, trying each time to run as admin... No go

Using windows 10, Specs:

Intel i7-4510u
Nvidia gt-840m
4gb ddr3

If someone answers thanks in advance, but i doubt some may bother to help

Hi Stalfos/Chumbuster,

Installing the mods is one thing and troubleshooting the 1% of the time the game doesn't work is another. Be advised this normally takes a lot of patience from both the player and those helping.

Let's start with the usual questions:
- What version of windows are you using? XP, Vista, 7, 10?
- Is this 32 or 64 bits?
- After you install the mods and try to start the game, what happens? any error?

ATAG_Lewis
Aug-23-2015, 09:22
Truth is, feels pretty crap not being able to control yourself 100% even with medication. I am happy that i am able to concentrate and focus most of the time with the help of medication. I thought you guys would have understood things like this, It saddens me to witness people being totally miss understood.

So again i am sorry for lashing out, i got frustrated and lost it and took it out on you guys.

I am sure you can hack it but. So please dont ban me again cos its just a waste of time for both you and me. I wil simply make another account

Stalfos/Chumbuster

Nobody here had any idea of your issues with medication and Bi-polar disorder before you made your initial posts so do not be upset with the way that you were treated here...

I have been active in many different game/sim communities and the community that exists here stands out above all for its maturity, helpfulness and respectful manner with which the high majority conduct themselves. You are the first to be banned as quickly as you were in 2 posts and that is testament to the attitude the community expects here.

Players that come here without attitude and ask for help get help in abundance. We have a high success rate here in resolving game issues and offer players help in the form of forum posts, guides, tutorials and personal sessions on TeamSpeak to get this sim running properly on their PC. However if you want a game that is quick to run and quick to play then CLOD is certainly not for you. In short there is an amount of work that YOU and WE have to do in order to help YOU get in the air.

I am sure your ban will be discussed in our private forums as they all are and I do not know what the outcome of that process will be..However bear in mind that if we witness any more shenanigans and vulgar language as we have witnessed from you in your previous guise you will be banned again and again and your posts removed no matter how many times you create a new account so please have a think before you hit the SUBMIT REPLY key.

Stormrider
Aug-23-2015, 09:26
hum, using win10?I could't instal Clod until I installed Cloder.Win8 has got also this problem http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=36078
I did a fresh install of Clod, downloaded "Cloder" installed it, and Clod was working.After that I installed the TF mods just the way Lewis discribes http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5058&p=52711
The TF mods fix this issue after installing and you don't need Cloder anymore.
It takes some time and efforts to make this game run.And when you have started the game you will find out there there are more dificulties,...............flying a plane without destroing the engine by overheating it.:)

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Aug-23-2015, 14:15

Whether you are on medication or not, (we don't know, it could be an excuse on your part) we are not required to read the type of comment you posted.

If you are prepared to behave in a normal fashion and post like an adult, then you might get some attention.

Do not think you can make a new account and get in, you'll get your IP banned, and the trouble you will need to take to create new IP's and keep getting in will be more than its worth.

ATAG_Snapper
Aug-23-2015, 18:00
Hi Stalfos,

As the Admin who banned you yesterday I am sorry to learn of your condition. I have an older brother who was diagnosed with bipolar disorder just over 50 years ago and at times it's been very difficult for him and family & friends.

I make no apology for the ban, although I certainly would have handled it differently had I known of your condition. My first priority is to this forum towards ensuring that all posts are suitable for reading by adults and minors alike. I have removed the objectionable post in question (plus one reply that quoted it).

We will do all that is possible to get Cliffs of Dover working on your PC. Hopefully, moving forward, you will be able to temper your posts here towards keeping this forum a nice place to visit.

Sincerely,

Snapper

Volunteer
Sep-25-2016, 06:00
: