PDA

View Full Version : WIN a Steam key for Cliffs of Dover!

Warhound
Jul-11-2012, 21:04
Yes you read that right. :))

I've decided to give away a few copies of CLOD to promote this silly game a bit and ATAG is the first place to get one of those keys.
It's inspired by and loosely based on a Live For Speed tradition, as they have been giving away licenses since 2007 and have gifted 50+ copies since.

I know most people here allready own CLOD, but I'm sure some of you will know friends who have held out.
So if you don't own CLOD yet, or have a friend who you think would love a key, this is the place to get it.

There are only a few simple rules to qualify:
1. You must not own Cliffs of Dover yet.
2. You must be ok with using Steam and if you win, provide your steam ID to verify that you dont already own a copy.
3. You should have a system that can run CLOD well, preferably a quadcore with a Nvidia 560Ti or equivalent or better.
4. Close date for submissions is Friday 20th July 2012 at midnight (UTC time), the winner will be announced somewhere during Sunday 22nd July.

So if you'd like to participate make your submission in this forum thread providing:
1. Your systemspecs
2. Write a bit about why you want and deserve the key.

I will judge the submissions and decide who to award the key to.
Those who already own CLOD, remember to tell your friends or even spread the word on other flight forums.

Thanks to,
-Bliss for helping me get hold of the keys cheaply.
-the taxoffice for paying me back more than expected.
-ATAG for running a server that makes this game worth playing.
-1C and Maddox Games for making the sim.

Good luck to all participants! :ilike::hbd:

ATAG_Septic
Jul-12-2012, 05:39
This is a great and generous initiative, thanks for sharing it here.

Septic.

ChiefRedCloud
Jul-12-2012, 12:05
This is a very nice gesture .... thanks :thumbsup::grandpa

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/1586/willeyspitthanku.png

ATAG_Lolsav
Jul-12-2012, 12:27
Thank you for doing that, hopefully will help to increase CLOD population :D

Doc
Jul-12-2012, 14:48
Warhound you are a great man! :thumbsup:

MajorBorris
Jul-12-2012, 18:22
Nicely done Warhound!

A true fan of the genre and a worthy member of our community:thumbsup:

Now which one of my buddies are worthy of this.

:clap::cop::party::stoner::whacky3:

71st_AH_Eagle
Jul-13-2012, 09:59
I'll ask one of my good friends for his system specs and I'll post something for him because only 1 of my friends has even played a flight sim and I got it for him as a graduation present (Sixpoundsofmeat, you will see him flying sometimes but he is right now away). Just hoping to increase the number of future generation of sim pilots.

ATAG_Snapper
Jul-14-2012, 08:39
An absolutely generous thing to do!

:salute:
Snapper

Havenard
Jul-14-2012, 14:46
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7200
GPU: ATI Radeon HD4850
Memory: 3 GB
Joystick: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
System: Windows XP

Certainly not the best PC, but no game I ever ran here complained.

I want IL-2 CloD because IL-2 1946 is getting a bit old. I need some new flight combat experience, and I will happily fly among you on ATAG server the soon I get a copy of this awesome game!

Steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/havenard

Warhound
Jul-18-2012, 17:12
Only 2 more days left to participate, so time is running out.
With just 1 submission so far it looks like it will be easy to pick a winner. ;(

71st_AH_Eagle
Jul-19-2012, 10:01
Fine, since you insist (I'm copy pasting most of this stuff):

2.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.3GHz) with 6MB shared L3 cache

8GB of 1600MHz DDR3L onboard (RAM) memory

256GB Flash storage

Radeon HD 6000 (Eagle's note: I believe he said once to me it was a 69XX I believe)

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198067554151

This is one of my friends from my World of Tanks (don't really play that game anymore) who has help me with a bunch of stuff and I have helped him in return. He is majoring in Aerospace Engineering just like I may be in a couple of years. I don't know exactly how he will react but I think he'll enjoy this game and once tanks come out, I think he'll be playing some tanks (we can have live targets finally ;) ) This will be his first true flight sim (he was an alpha tester for World of Warplanes and he enjoyed that) so I'll teach him the ways like I am teaching Six to the joy of flight simming. Also Warhound, I'll be updating on the banana forums my other friend's PC specs but to be honest, they were lower than I remember. Oh well. He made a steam account just for this and has no idea about it so it's going to be a surprise.

Warhound
Jul-20-2012, 23:02
3.00AM UTC now so submissions are closed, winner will be announced this Sunday when I wake up.

Warhound
Jul-22-2012, 02:16
And the winner is...Anaveragejho.

Sorry to Havenard but I really fear your PC would barely run CLOD. I had the same CPU and GPU on XP when it was released and it could barely load the menu..nvm fly for more than 5 minutes. :sad!:

Eagle please tell your friend to accept my steam friend invite(my profile is Stalwartfury; nick Warhound) and send me a massage over it when he comes online.

71st_AH_Eagle
Jul-23-2012, 22:51
Passed the word onto Jho and waiting on a response. I made this a complete surprise for him so he doesn't know anything about it besides I was asking a lot of questions and requests. He also knows that I believe he can deny the offer and then Havend can get his copy but either way, you are helping the sim community grow, however little it may seem to be. Thanks Warhound for your effort in doing such. Wish I could donate a key but my parents wouldn't really be able to know about it which I can't do for now. Also, recently I've had some family problems that have arisen that will inhibit my flying time.
Kindest regards,
Eagle, Master of Stealth