PDA

View Full Version : HE-111 Service Ceiling

III./ZG76_Keller
Jul-12-2012, 02:51
Colander wanted to know what the ceiling was for the HE-111 so I made this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9G9l09i7WI&

A few things I noticed:

Contrails were visible to me ingame, not visible on the track.
The plane starts to nosedive at around 7250m and I had to fight to bring her back up.
I pinned the outside temp gauge at -40 Celcius, not sure how low it actually went.

ATAG_Snapper
Jul-12-2012, 10:46
Nice vid. I got a nosebleed just watching it! :)

Do the He111 bombsights work properly now for level bombing at altitude?

ATAG_Colander
Jul-12-2012, 11:18
damn track disconnecting. So, How much higher you think it could go? (with bombs)

III./ZG76_Keller
Jul-12-2012, 15:22
Do the He111 bombsights work properly now for level bombing at altitude?

Yes and no. Here's the thing, 1C has never provided any material telling us how these bombsights are supposed to work and how they differ from the real thing.

Indicated airspeed or True airspeed?

Do we need to account for ground elevation at takeoff and target?

I am able to fudge a bombing run at 5500m now, but I have to compensate for the rather large margin of error relating to the bombsight and my calculations/inputs.

The other issue is that at 5500m (where I prefer to bomb from) the spread on the 50kg bombs is so great that they actually just pepper the target without any sufficient concentration; this is with the bomb delay set to 0m so it's not possible to tighten it up any more than that. The other day I dropped on the G10 Comms Station from 5500m and my bombs fell infront of the target, behind the target and around the target and not one hit the actual objective. In order to have any chance at taking out a target I need to be around 3000 - 3500m; a little low for my liking.

damn track disconnecting. So, How much higher you think it could go? (with bombs)

Not sure if she would have gone much higher than I did, my speed and climb were almost bottomed out when I was disconnected. I don't even know if I would have gotten above 6500m if I'd had a full load of bombs, but since the bombsight only goes to 6000m I guess there's no point in trying to go higher.