PDA

View Full Version : Gratitude!

Jacket
Sep-01-2015, 04:18
Hello community,

I have about 20hours of flight time (bf109e-4, hurricane but lately the spit1a). I am having difficulties to find a fight and when i did find a fight I was an easy target. However I did manage to shoot a few 109's down and yes it was a nice feeling :) Anyway, I decided to try Teamspeak. First I just listened bc I didn't know what was going on (English point, French point, on the deck, feet dry, ...) but searched on the forums and now I kinda know what they are talking about. So yesterday evening I decided to give it a go. I was flying with my spit above the ships when a fellow spit started to talk to me and asked me to join up. I told him that I am a "noob" but he didn't mind and said that everybody has to learn. So I followed him and he directed me into a fight and helped me out. I did got shot down but I didn't mind :) They referred to me as "the new guy" and it had the feeling that i was part of the action/community :) I rejoined the action, got a few hits but took some as well. I had to escape on the deck bc of a water leak but managed to give my position and some guys came in to help me out. Brake left, brake right ,... It was such an epic moment, (sweathing, heart pounding, ...)They shot down the bf109 and I did manage to 'crash land' instead of being shot down.

I want to thank the community for helping me out and I am planning to fly more with you guys. Everybody was friendly and helpfull. However I can't tell who helped me out. Do you guys use a TS overlay? I found something on the atag forum about it so I might give it a try. I have the feeling that everybody knows eachother for a long time so I am a little bit restrained to speak on TS :) Also thinking about changing my nickname bc "jakke" is a belgian name and difficult to pronounce :)

Cya soon in the skies.

ATAG_Dave
Sep-01-2015, 08:47
However I can't tell who helped me out. Do you guys use a TS overlay?

Firstly - great post :thumbsup:

Secondly try TeamSpeak notifier - this will show you on screen who is talking in the channel

http://addons.teamspeak.com/directory/addon/overlay/TS-Notifier.html

PanTast
Sep-01-2015, 09:50
Hey Jakke. Great post :thumbsup:

Rename yourself to Jacket. Maybe one day you get honored with a jacket-crown :):)

If you are not constantly talking on TS as I do, everyone will be happy with your contribution :salute:

Jacket
Sep-01-2015, 11:21
Can I rename myself to jacket in IL2 clod and atag? What about the stats etc?

ATAG_Dave
Sep-01-2015, 12:46
Can I rename myself to jacket in IL2 clod and atag? What about the stats etc?

To rename here on the forum drop a PM to ATAG_Snapper. To rename ingame (& hence stats etc) you just change your Steam Name :thumbsup:

Jacket
Sep-01-2015, 14:51
To rename here on the forum drop a PM to ATAG_Snapper. To rename ingame (& hence stats etc) you just change your Steam Name :thumbsup:

Will do that, thx for the tip.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Sep-01-2015, 15:08
Welcome to the community, its comments like yours which make TF guys happy. :thumbsup:

DoubleStandards
Sep-01-2015, 15:20
I have the feeling that everybody knows eachother for a long time so I am a little bit restrained to speak on TS :) Also thinking about changing my nickname bc "jakke" is a belgian name and difficult to pronounce :)

Cya soon in the skies.

Dont worry about being not vocal on TS right now. I have been around for about a year(didnt return to Cliffs until last October) and still dont speak a lot on TS. I probably have more posts on these forums than total word spoken on TS. While I believe TS is a must for online play, I prefer to listen and take as much in as I can. If I am winged with someone I will do my job and call what needs to be called, but besides that, I just listen to the chatter to get a better picture of the battle playing out. You are correct, there are alot of guys that have been flying together for a long time so at times a new guy may feel like he's trying to break into the "good ol boys" club. For the most part, people here are more than welcoming to a new player. In fact, anyone on these forums worth their salt is actively trying to get more "new players" to try out Cliffs with Team Fusion's must have patches.

tl;dr This is a great community you just became a part of. In time we'll get to know you and more importantly, you'll get to know us.

Welcome to our obsession ~S~
DS