PDA

View Full Version : Spitfire on my Tail Problem :( + AI question

kosmoface
Sep-01-2015, 13:14
Hey there... incredible campaign, but I tried to play part1 and didn't come far, I get this error message on mission 3:
"type aircraft spiftfireMkIa_oct not found or registered in spawn database"

It seems the "spiftfireMkIa_oct" is now called the "spiftfireMkIa_100oct". Does anybody know if this is fixable? I'm new to the game.

AND

Is it true that we will see AI updates with TF 5.0? I think the biggest gripe I have with the AI is actually the radio. All these landing_denied etc. messages and no feedback via radio. Also: is it true that the simplified AI FM allows them to climb faster than me? I LOVE the Desastersoft Missions, but flying formation with the AI as a lowly fighter pilot is really a hassle, because in the beginning the pull away from me really fast. Thankfully they fly alwys big circles, around some waypoints.

Just want to know if there any plans to mod these parts of the game. Don't want to be offensive or anything and have to say that IL2 COD is my favorite game and that the work already done blows my mind. Thank you to all of TF!

ATAG_Colander
Sep-01-2015, 13:37
Sadly I don't think AI updates will be included on TF5.
There are so many things that can be done at the same time. However, part of the overall plan is to concentrate on AI after TF5.

kosmoface
Sep-01-2015, 16:11
Ah no problem. I am grateful TF is still working on the game. COD btw is rocksolid. Had more CTDs with IL2 BOS, hah.

If I knew how to play "spitfire on my tail part 1" with TF 4.231 that would be more interesting. :doh:

1lokos
Sep-01-2015, 17:14
is it true that the simplified AI FM allows them to climb faster than me?

Yes, is like IL-2'46 so the AI climb more fast than you, making difficult follow then if you are not the flight leader...

You probable hear that "Il-2" BoS have a AI that use the same player FM, but this don't solve the question, the AI
have difficult to maintain formation with the player, and when achieve is a "loose formation", in dogfight they climb
better than you... after all still a computer code.

I think the biggest gripe I have with the AI is actually the radio. All these landing_denied etc. messages and no feedback via radio.

I suggest: Play the game like was designed/possible.

Example, I think DCS World have the better radio COMM in CFS/G (I dont know these "civil" sim, FSX/X-Plane) but if you land in a runway that are not the one designed in the mission and ask for
ground crew service, the only answer is silence.

So play CLoD like was possible. On release the game have a very sophisticated radio COMM, you should by able to type in the "radio" a new altitude for AI flight,
of type a new frequency code... but in the rushed game release nothing this work.

The official fix active few things and remove the most, but the forget remove this ask for takeoff, landing, inoperative (and inverted).

So imagine that in 1940 the British Air Space was the one more controlled in the world, and you should fly under ground controller orders, an thus just await then
authorize your landing, what is done in inverse way, no. 6 to no. 1.
If you you are the no. 4 await the 6, 5 landing to hear the Ground Control order for you landing. Ask for is useless - sometimes you get a positive answer... after landing. :D
If you are the squadron leader, is the last in the landing queue.

Happy flights.

kosmoface
Sep-01-2015, 18:42
I suggest: Play the game like was designed/possible.

Oh, I do, I do and it is great fun nevertheless. The variety is amazing. I love it. Since my last Simulater was F117A on the Amiga, all of this is really mindblowing. :) Just bought Il2 1946 afterwards and the Radio messages are really more lively which adds to the immersion. I like it when there's contact and all voices get more and more emotional. But then... ClOD with the TF Mod is really THE simulator for me.

And I hoped you would look into my thread, I enjoy your insightful postings. Do you have any idea how I can get "Spitfire on my tail Pt 1" running? I think when somebody knows, then you. ;)

1lokos
Sep-01-2015, 21:47
Try this:

Go to STEAM\SteamApps\Common\ folder (or the folder where you install CloD) then

...\Cliffs of Dover\parts\bob\mission\campaign\Spifire_on_my_tai l_part1 (this name maybe varies)

Locate the file 3.mis and edit this part:

Flight0 1 2 3 4 5 6
Flight1 11 12 13 14 15 16
[B] Class Aircraft.SpitfireMkIa_oct >>>> change for Class Aircraft.SpitfireMkIa_100oct
Formation VIC3
CallSign 7
Fuel 100
Weapons 1
Skill 0.3 0.3 0.3 0.3 0.3 0.3 0.3 0.3

Save and test

kosmoface
Sep-02-2015, 11:58
Worked like a charm. Thanks a lot! :thumbsup:

I knew it was probably easy, even had the .mis file opened, but gave up, because it was too much information.