PDA

View Full Version : TEF Campaign and finding the Hun

tn_prvteye
Sep-03-2015, 12:30
I'm playing (or trying to, rather) the "dynamic" campaign released a few patches ago. Seems fine, but I can never find the enemy! Stick to the waypoints? Can't find them...ask Ground control? Nope, always only 15 miles away, at an odd heading.

I seem to remember a bit of code that gave you RDF directions to the nearest enemy, but can't seem to find it.

Anyway, are there any recommendations to find the bloody bad-guys? :)

PhoenixCNE
Sep-03-2015, 15:42
If you just go up and fly waypoints and then go home you can do most all of the TeF campaign missions w/out seeing anyone to shoot at. Most of the time if you go to the patrol waypoints and then loiter there flying circles "patrolling" for a bit they will show up to the party (or a guy can just sit on the airfield a bit longer to help). You can indeed chase them down and go to them through the ground control directions and its not that hard to do just remember that the heading isn't a random number and represents a direction (0 is north, 90 east, 180 south, 270 west) I just wish I could figure out how to change the damn loadouts for my spit playing the TeF campaign lol .. most other things you can fix the loadout in the mission builder but I can't for the life of me sort out how to do it with the dynamic campaign.

tn_prvteye
Sep-04-2015, 16:52
It also might help me find the enemy if I set my compass. Ugh...been awhile since I've played. :)

tn_prvteye
Sep-05-2015, 00:01
Well, now that I've figured WHY I can't find the enemy...can anyone tell me why my wingmen seem to want to go home every time we get near the airfield? I remember the AI commands seemed to be a bit wonky. Has this been sorted out fully? Do they actually listen now, or are they still dumb as a sack of wet mice? I REALLY want to get back into this, but having some issues. Is Single-Player still kinda borked?

1lokos
Sep-05-2015, 00:42
The AI wingman basically obey your radio commands for formation and closure and attack "my target" (whatever is) - if they have ammo and the target is inside his field of view.

A workaround to assure that AI recognize the player as flight leader is need engage the AI autopilot for some seconds at start of the mission,
or perform a pattern flight around the base after take-off until AI form up.

The issue with RTB maybe can be: You are cycling over the base, the AI enter in airfield "capture" radius and is ordered to landing...

tn_prvteye
Sep-05-2015, 12:46
Thanks, I'll try the Autopilot trick. Now if I can only keep my Hurricane from blowing a gasket... ;)