PDA

View Full Version : Banned from bannana froums...

9./JG52 Jamz Dackel
Jul-15-2012, 05:18
For the babys head picture...,

Usual stuff..one mod finds it funny like most then Alpha decides that it is not, you question it and you get a ban..lmao

I mean really? a babys face with an abnormal expression?

Someone didnt get it last night obviously..Bring out the ego whip

ATAG_Septic
Jul-15-2012, 05:55
I'm saddened, which is a shame because the baby's expression photo was clearly comedic, hilarious and apt. I know there is some history concerning the posting of images but It made me smile and I cannot conceive how posting it should attract a ban.

At its best the 1c forum is an inhospitable place where some information can be found. At worst it is an arena where dogmatic and arrogant pedants flex their copy-and-paste muscles to duel over the bones of the sim. And for what, personal satisfaction?

I'm going to give 1c forum a break.

Septic.

9./JG52 Jamz Dackel
Jul-15-2012, 06:11
I'm saddened, which is a shame because the baby's expression photo was clearly comedic, hilarious and apt. I know there is some history concerning the posting of images but It made me smile and I cannot conceive how posting it should attract a ban.

At its best the 1c forum is an inhospitable place where some information can be found. At worst it is an arena where dogmatic and arrogant pedants flex their copy-and-paste muscles to duel over the bones of the sim. And for what, personal satisfaction?

I'm going to give 1c forum a break.

Septic.

Yea I hear yer..

Been caught up in the rubbish too many times protecting others..

as for the picture...I know about the infant pictures and why they are prohibited from the forum but serioulsy...there aint no way you could put my Post in the same catergory, so you PM and you get ignored, you post and you get banned

Very Bad running of things imo, I suggest they might put their time to better use in that place

ATAG_Snapper
Jul-15-2012, 06:18
I thought the baby pic was hilarious!

9./JG52 Jamz Dackel
Jul-15-2012, 06:28
I thought the baby pic was hilarious!

roflmao.. Yea keeps getting me everytime I look at it

If you didnt see it, im not posting this to start a debate and a pickfork protest againt the bannan forums just a ''did it really deserve to be removed and followed by a ban when questioning''

ATTACH=CONFIG]867[/ATTACH]

ChiefRedCloud
Jul-16-2012, 20:07
Well I certainly do not find it offensive and I suspect there is not much a bigger stick in the pants than me ..... Oh well .... can you or someone post a link to the bannana forums ...... my curiosity is peeked .... thanks

MajorBorris
Jul-16-2012, 20:20
ahhkkk!

Whats up with that baby.

Must be a fish eye lens or somthing lol

Doc
Jul-16-2012, 20:31
I call that look the baby is giving you the skunk eye.

ATAG_Colander
Jul-16-2012, 20:58
_)_
.-'(/ '-.
/ ` \
/ - - \
(` o o `)
\ ^ /
'. '---' .'
.-`'---'`-.
/ \
/ / ' ' \ \
_/ /| |\ \_
`/|\` |+++++++|`/|\`
/\ /\
| `-._.-` |
\ / \ /
|_ | | _|
| _| |_ |
(ooO Ooo)

ATAG_Snapper
Jul-16-2012, 21:21
roflmao.. Yea keeps getting me everytime I look at it

If you didnt see it, im not posting this to start a debate and a pickfork protest againt the bannan forums just a ''did it really deserve to be removed and followed by a ban when questioning''

ATTACH=CONFIG]867[/ATTACH]

We're a smaller outfit than the 1C Forum, so we can run it a lot differently. I admire the job all the mods do over there, even if I don't personally agree with them on occasion. My moderator job here is really easy compared to what they contend with, plus I'm fortunate to have the unwavering backing of a super admin team who watch my back 24/7 -- as the rest of you guys do. We rarely ban -- it's gotta be a really over-the-top whacko situation for that to happen. At most, a quick word here or even a "hey there!" PM always seems to put things right. We're all adults, after all.

That said, I figured right off the bat you were simply posting here as a sort of reference point. All I can say is that the 1C Forum can quickly/instantly boil over for the most innocuous reasons -- hence their sometimes rigid control. I've had my run ins with difficult (IMHO) individuals and probably came close to getting an infraction or a temporary ban at times -- and probably would've deserved it. :D

Jamz, your excellent reputation precedes you. No fear of a ban here. As I said before, I'll usually PM someone if there's a concern. All posts are of great value to ATAG, so sometimes I may suspend -- temporarily -- a contentious post until I've had a chance to PM someone about a concern I may have, especially if it's risquй that may not be appropriate for our younger members to view. (Besides, *I* had a chance to view and enjoy it, that's all that matters, anyway! LOL). The only post that I will delete immediately is one forum member attacking another, or something that may get ATAG in legal trouble.

Phew. All this over a baby picture? No, not at all. You just gave me an excellent opportunity to blather away for the benefit of the new forum members how things go here vs other forums. We're a pretty laid back bunch with a strong interest in all things aviation!

ATAG_Knuckles
Jul-16-2012, 21:34
Septic did they ban you or just the picture ??? Banana forums are certainly a snake pit that I rarely walk through

ATAG_Septic
Jul-17-2012, 05:50
Septic did they ban you or just the picture ??? Banana forums are certainly a snake pit that I rarely walk through

No mate, not me. I've not had any problems there although I have been tempted recently to offer some richly deserved right royal round of f"$%ks. I of course refrain because of the ATAG before my handle, of which I am very proud.

I just considered harsh the response from the mods at 1c to Jamz who posted the picture, which really tickled me.

Septic.

ATAG_EvangelusE
Jul-17-2012, 11:21
That is very harsh! Deletion and a PM warning would have been appropriate at the most.

ChiefRedCloud
Jul-17-2012, 11:48

9./JG52 Jamz Dackel
Jul-17-2012, 16:41

Hi Knuckles..

They banned me mate and removed the picture...The funniest part is you can clearly see blackdog saying in red he will leave the picture in as he finds it quite funny but will remove all the others as everyone was quoting it with the usual +1,+2,+3 etc etc..was quite funny

then Alpha decided to remove it which i questioned...he didn't like the questioning so he banned me..

that was it really

oh well...

9./JG52 Jamz Dackel
Jul-17-2012, 16:42
Jamz, your excellent reputation precedes you.

Woah..im quite scared now :salute:

ATAG_Snapper
Jul-17-2012, 16:48
Well, that'll teach ya! ;)

They have a policy that moderators' decisions must not be questioned publicly on the forum. Unfortunately, they have good reason for that due to past troubles -- and you got stung by it mainly because of difficult 1C members that preceded you.

Well, it just means you'll have to post here more often while you serve your "time"! :thumbsup:

9./JG52 Jamz Dackel
Jul-17-2012, 17:19
Well, that'll teach ya! ;)

They have a policy that moderators' decisions must not be questioned publicly on the forum. Unfortunately, they have good reason for that due to past troubles -- and you got stung by it mainly because of difficult 1C members that preceded you.

Well, it just means you'll have to post here more often while you serve your "time"! :thumbsup:

Yea i understand that, i just don't understand how one mod let it be and even quoted on it and another removes it and gives me a warning for it...my other point was does the picture even fall into the 'infant are banned' bracket

:td2:

ATAG_Knuckles
Jul-17-2012, 17:34
Trust me Jamz, its a lot more fun (and funny ) over here: Most of us rarely if ever go to Banana. :goofy

ATAG_Bliss
Jul-17-2012, 19:32
I still think they do a good job over there. There's soo much trolling going on in a big forum like that, I'm surprised the moderators all aren't insane.

Edit: Especially putting up with me lol :)

Warhound
Jul-17-2012, 23:47
Well I have no beef with you Jamz, but it seems rather dishonest to claim you were banned just for posting a picture.

Alpha edited your post and said
"Countless times you have been told not to post images of infants ion these forums."
Which to me suggests you had posted things like that before, and innocent pics or not if a mod asks you to stop..you stop.

but instead you reply with..
"Aww sry Alpha..
Should of know better than to post a picture of what might be ***k material to sad people..
it was a babys head with an adnormal expression..sort it out"

Wich is both an agressive response to Alpha (right after you were warned) and suggests there are "sad people" on those forums, possibly including him.
All that in a thread that was just cleaned up and a forum where hints of "permanent vacations" were mentioned for people who tried to push it.
You're clearly smart enough to know that was inappropriate and would elicit a response. So I wonder...what response did you actually expect?

Just wanted to add some background to the story..carry on as usual.

PS Bliss : I think you don't make enough of a stink about the netcode issues and general server problems. Can't blame you for not wanting to jump into the cesspit though. :getaway:

ATAG_Snapper
Jul-18-2012, 07:25
Aw, geez, Warhound, can't a man have a decent rant without getting DETAILS thrown at him?? :PP

I'm sure Jamz has a perfectly good retort all lined up, and you'll have a great comeback.....and so will it go. As ATAG Forum Moderator Extremus, I hereby declare that "What goes in 1C......STAYS in 1C!"

I'm shutting this thread now before the guy in the middle (me!) gets hit with a mud pie!

(But that thing about Bliss and Net Code problems? You're absolutely right! Bliss is just a naturally shy, reclusive type. Never likes to make waves, that Bliss chap.....:hide:)