PDA

View Full Version : Holy crap, why haven't I seen this before?

tn_prvteye
Sep-07-2015, 13:20
http://ns1.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads5&file=details&id=132

A REALLY nice Single Mission (quasi-campaign) generator. Only tried it out a few times, but seems to work rather well. Tracks losses (including ground targets), and your side's performance can change your next mission (lose a convoy ship, and 100 Octane isn't available, etc).

What happened to this guy? Looks like he put alot of work into. Delving into the CS file, it seems pretty sophisticated for a work in progress.

Anyway, thought I'd share with the rest of the SP crowd. And theOden, if you're still around...nicely done and keep up the good work!

PhoenixCNE
Sep-07-2015, 18:49
Hmm that's awesome, thank you for posting this gonna give it a try it sounds awesome. Between my 2 kids running around in the background and some stupid social anxiety problems I haven't made it into teamspeak any yet to start flying with these guys and spend most of my hours in single player.

migman
Sep-09-2015, 03:17
I've been playing this and it is very cool. The missions are full and realistic with lots of aircraft in the sky.

It would be nice if we could add some stuff to it.
If you are shot down it is not recorded as a loss.
And some record of your contribution by way of a flight log would be a great addition.
The information is already collected by the game.

There are some great possibilities here. Thanks to Oden for creating this

tn_prvteye
Sep-09-2015, 12:35
I'm tempted to reach out to him. He's got a real gem here, and I'd hate to see it be ignored by the SP community (what little there is ;)). However, I know from personal experience that sometimes you get burnt out on a project and never want to see it again.

Mysticpuma
Sep-09-2015, 13:38
TheOden can be found at SimHQ

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4162446/Re:_Team_Fusion_update_August_#Post4162446

:)

kosmoface
Sep-10-2015, 04:33
Wow, sounds awesome. Will try it, as soon as I have time to play again!

Thanks fort telling. :thumbsup:

migman
Sep-11-2015, 00:23
=================================================
System.Exception: c:\Users\USER\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\missions\Single\ScriptTesting\log.cs(85,1): error CS1501: No overload for method 'gpLogServer' takes 1 arguments

at RULv3kjeoAj51m7mPdi.SWBEcgOUcMbe._7e9LjuJBfjx(Stri ng , Boolean , Boolean )
at RULv3kjeoAj51m7mPdi.SWBEcgOUcMbe.dWVLjA4POuK(Strin g )
at RULv3kjeoAj51m7mPdi.SWBEcgOUcMbe.cjGLjjKtN0x(Strin g , Int32 )

System.Exception: c:\Users\USER\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\missions\Single\ScriptTesting\log.cs(85,1): error CS1501: No overload for method 'gpLogServer' takes 1 arguments

at RULv3kjeoAj51m7mPdi.SWBEcgOUcMbe.cjGLjjKtN0x(Strin g , Int32 )
at ilgAer4x8kF7fSuO2UO.xydsFhiqbWUL3U.g8xppTI0O4(SzcB QDRIQP )

Ok... I am attempting to understand how this all works and then hopefully to add some new code

First problem I have run into is I don't know the correct format for the GamePlayer.gpLogServer() Method
In old IL2 I could see the class declarations. Are they available for CLOD ?
I have used eclipse and Java...is there something similar for c# ?

Help please.....

tn_prvteye
Sep-11-2015, 14:23
Sorry, I'm not much of a coder. Did some JAVA ages ago, but not as familiar with c#. I can tinker a bit with it, but that's about it.

This help? http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12923&p=140199&viewfull=1#post140199

This part maybe?

private void serverMessage(string msg)
{
Player pl = GamePlay.gpPlayer();
Player[] players = { pl };
object[] args = { msg };
GamePlay.gpLogServer(players, msg, args);
}

migman
Sep-15-2015, 00:24
Cheers that helped heaps....

MAD MAC
Sep-15-2015, 15:22
Hi all.

I´ve tried it and...well...
Some strange things happen in the first mission.
First, as soon as I´m waiting in the runway to take off, a lot of messages appears telling looooots of He111, Do17 and their gunners, pilots, etc are crashing and are dead.
Well, less work for me.... :)
Then, as soon I take off,leader seems to circle the base aaaall the time. Are we waiting for something?, are we waiting for those destroyed bombers?, or is he trying to see his girlfriend from the air? :ind:
And lastly, as i try to use ext views to see if any enemies are flying the mission, the game hangs...:grrr:

Well, I like flying SP campaigns and i think This is one of the worst parts of this (after patches and TF work) awesome game.
If this mission is like is described, it´s one of the best news (appart from news about patches) I could hear.

Has anyone theses issues and know how to solve them?? :recon:

migman
Sep-15-2015, 21:10
Nothing like that has happened on my install...
if the script can't find some files your planes will fly to a waypoint and circle endlessly

Be sure to put all the files, .mis, .ini, .briefing files in your MOD/missions folder

To check whether the script is running you should hear a random radio call as you are about to take off, also check the TAB menu option 4 and you will see a custom menu setup Also it might stutter for a few frames because its loading up extra missions

Alternately you could look in the logfile log.txt in the MOD folder...it records some data about the mission run.

MAD MAC
Sep-16-2015, 15:47
Nothing like that has happened on my install...
if the script can't find some files your planes will fly to a waypoint and circle endlessly

Be sure to put all the files, .mis, .ini, .briefing files in your MOD/missions folder

To check whether the script is running you should hear a random radio call as you are about to take off, also check the TAB menu option 4 and you will see a custom menu setup Also it might stutter for a few frames because its loading up extra missions

Alternately you could look in the logfile log.txt in the MOD folder...it records some data about the mission run.

Hi and thanks.

I put all the files in the folder (except those in the OTHER folder)
Even modified the RTS file in the conf.ini (without it, mission even did not showed the destroyed aircrafts i refer before).
But as i said, it seems not to work at all.
:(

MAD MAC
Sep-16-2015, 16:09
8:45:00 Mad Mac volará para la fuerza Rojo.
8:45:00 OnBattleStarted: Windows 7 users must put mission files into [Documents/1C SoftClub/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD/missions/Single/] folder

These are the files displayed as I start mission.

After that, the long list of planes destroyed. These are ramdomly displayed, as some times there are Ju 87, he111, do17, blennies,Hurries, spities...and not allways all of them, so i suppose the scripts are making their job after all, as theOden said missions are random.

I really don´t know what to do....

tn_prvteye
Sep-16-2015, 19:20
You might have already done this, but delete the DynMis40c.ini file that's in the same folder, so that only the MIS and CS file are there. Load the mission again, and you should get message saying to exit and go back to the main menu. Do that (I usually just restart the Sim), and try again.

caci585
Sep-16-2015, 19:50
gmg

ATAG_Freya
Sep-16-2015, 20:10
gmg

+1

MAD MAC
Sep-16-2015, 20:23
You might have already done this, but delete the DynMis40c.ini file that's in the same folder, so that only the MIS and CS file are there. Load the mission again, and you should get message saying to exit and go back to the main menu. Do that (I usually just restart the Sim), and try again.

Thanks tn_prvteye

I hadn´t tried that but did it right now, and don´t get the message to exit and go back to the menu. Only the laaaarge list of destroyed planes...
:smash:

tn_prvteye
Sep-16-2015, 21:53
Try copying over one of the MIS files from the "other" folder, then deleting dynmis40c.mis. Then rename the copied one to that file name. You may want to copy over the CS file from the original ZIP, too. Then there should only be the CS and MIS files with the dynmis40c name in the missions folder.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

MAD MAC
Sep-17-2015, 13:06
Try copying over one of the MIS files from the "other" folder, then deleting dynmis40c.mis. Then rename the copied one to that file name. You may want to copy over the CS file from the original ZIP, too. Then there should only be the CS and MIS files with the dynmis40c name in the missions folder.

Thanks again, tn_prvteye

I tried it and got fly a me110, Hurri, etc...
But again a large list of destroyed planes and again continuous circles around base...
Tried even deleting de single folder and putting the files in the misions folder. At least a different message... "THIS MISION HAS NO PLAYER SLOT".

Is there any other file changed for the scrip? may be on the steam folder of the game or something like that?

Reeeeally anoying.... :grrr:

tn_prvteye
Sep-17-2015, 14:01
Hmmm...I'm out right now, but I'll take another look when I get home. This is weird. The only files that should matter are the MIS, CS, and the INI file that gets created when you run the mission for the first time.

migman
Sep-17-2015, 18:36
There is a line you need in conf.ini in you MOD Folder in order for the script to work

[rts]
scriptAppDomain = 0

Check that.....

tn_prvteye
Sep-17-2015, 18:53
Just checked. I've got the MIS CS and Briefing files, along with the JPGs. They are all in the following folder:

C:\Users\<user_name>\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\missions\Single\

And that's it. Maybe try opening it up in the FMB and see what happens. Also make sure you have rights to modify the file.

MAD MAC
Sep-17-2015, 21:12
There is a line you need in conf.ini in you MOD Folder in order for the script to work

[rts]
scriptAppDomain = 0

Check that.....

Hi mig.
Yes,that´s Ok.

MAD MAC
Sep-17-2015, 21:14
Just checked. I've got the MIS CS and Briefing files, along with the JPGs. They are all in the following folder:

C:\Users\<user_name>\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\missions\Single\

And that's it. Maybe try opening it up in the FMB and see what happens. Also make sure you have rights to modify the file.

Hi again Priv.

Tried in qmb and can´t see anything strange...
Well, I´ll have to wait for the next "patch" of the mision... :ind:

Thanks for all...

migman
Sep-18-2015, 01:20
Assuming that your other singlePlayer missions work fine

1. Re-download files and put in the //Missions folder the .mis .ini and .cs and .breifing
2. The fact that it came up with the "this mission has no player slot" says the script is working and that your ini file is corrupted.
3. Don't count on the script to re-build the ini file if it does get corrupted, its supposed to but I did not for me
4. If all that is done and and you have the line in your conf.ini, all should be well...

If its not...then something may be wrong with your install
I am in the process of dissecting this script so I can add some things to it later

tn_prvteye
Sep-18-2015, 09:46
Someone should reach out to theOden to see if he's still working on it. I would, but I have social anxiety.... :)

electraguard
Sep-24-2015, 18:03
This sounded good so I downloaded it and installed it per the instructions but it doesn't seem to work. No matter what mission I try all I do is fly in a circle around the starting location. There are no radio commands nor enemy planes. What am I doing wrong?

tn_prvteye
Sep-24-2015, 21:18
Did you put this in the conf.ini file?

[rts]
scriptAppDomain = 0

Sounds like it's not generating a mission.

electraguard
Sep-25-2015, 21:49
Did you put this in the conf.ini file?

[rts]
scriptAppDomain = 0

Sounds like it's not generating a mission.

Yes, it is the last line under [rts]

tn_prvteye
Sep-25-2015, 22:16
I would look back through this thread and follow the various things listed (if you haven't already). Specifically try deleting the INI file.

electraguard
Sep-26-2015, 13:28
I would look back through this thread and follow the various things listed (if you haven't already). Specifically try deleting the INI file.

I have it running and working now but have a new issue. If I the ESC key to exit it exits the game to the desktop instead to the menu with the selections of Exit, Fly, options, etc. When it exits to the desktop it only has a same corner of a black CLOD screen in the upper left corner. The only way I can actually close the program is by using the Task manager.

blackshark
Sep-27-2015, 08:06
will give it a try

mevans
Jul-06-2017, 14:02
will give it a try
Have also had the same issue but managed to get it running at least for one mission so far.

In the config.ini it was not keeping the new entry scriptAppDomain = 0 so placed it on the last line of the [rts] section and typed scriptAppDomain=0 without the spaces. Might help.

bob12
Oct-22-2017, 05:34
yep me too gonna give it a try