PDA

View Full Version : Bravo to Ford Motor Company

ATAG_Deacon
Jul-18-2012, 11:53
Ford builds "Red Tails" Mustang for charity :thumbsup:

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/06/28/ford-builds-red-tails-mustang-for-charity/?intcmp=obinsite

[FFCW]Urizen
Jul-18-2012, 11:59
That is one really good looking mustang. not that mustangs look bad at all.
Anybody knows how to rob a bank. i need me some money :D

ATAG_Snapper
Jul-18-2012, 12:14
Very, very cool! :thumbsup:

MajorBorris
Jul-18-2012, 18:59
My grandpa always said Ford was the best.

My first car was a brown 79 ford LTD with a 351 windsor.

I like the one I have now too:thumbsup:

ATAG_Bliss
Jul-18-2012, 19:50
Am I the only one that has pet names for their cars?

Oh and Yes, I'm a Ford guy. :)

Dutch
Jul-19-2012, 07:14
Oh and Yes, I'm a Ford guy. :)

I'm not.

That Mondeo Turbo Diesel is always exploding. And the 1.2 Fiesta I just sold let water in under the windscreen seal. Not to mention every sensor telling the engine management doo-dah the wrong thing.

I quite liked my 1.8L Sierra, although it was Gold coloured and I once got a parking ticket telling me it was pink. And it did look sort of pink in bright sunshine so I scrapped it. That was after the cambelt snapped and the head was lunched though.

But seriously, it's nice to see a Redtails paintjob on that car.:)

ATAG_Septic
Jul-19-2012, 07:38
I've owned a couple of great Ford motorcars. I had a 2.0l MKIII Cortina with the twin Webber carbs (Capri embarrass-er) and a Sierra 1.8l, called Sydney, which mainly embarrassed me, particularly when I complained to the mechanic that it was lacking power. He sighed whilst theatrically removing the extra carpet-mat from under the accelerator pedal.

Septic.

Dutch
Jul-19-2012, 08:00
a Sierra 1.8l, called Sydney, which mainly embarrassed me, particularly when I complained to the mechanic that it was lacking power.

Yap. He was fooling you. 0-60 in roughly three days, but once you got to 90, it'd stay there all week quite happily. But they were strangely satisfying in the handling dept, mainly coz of the rear wheel drive I suppose. Great road holding and steering.

Just painfully slow.

Unfortunately, I had company cars for the first ten years after passing my test, so to this day resent spending any money at all on cars. Too much too soon......sigh. :guilty:

That Sierra was the second car I bought after a Nissan Cherry. Now that was total pants.:ind:

ATAG_Knuckles
Jul-19-2012, 10:12
No Fords for me ( Chevy's to this day) but that mustang is certainly cool