PDA

View Full Version : Titans at Twenty-Five - SIGN UP!

ATAG_Flare
Sep-21-2015, 15:48
Hello everyone! The campaign crew at ATAG is proud to present our newest mission: Titans at Twenty-Five!

ATAG Fighter Campaign is a new set of missions based on fighter combat and control over our virtual skies, and will feature new fighter aircraft each mission.

Thanks to Freya and Salmo, a new map has been created with all new scripting which keeps track of all the stats in the game. KIA, MIA, DOA, aircraft losses, and even denies ground kills to deter vulching.

You don't want to miss this one.

:salute:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ATAG Fighter Campaign:
Titans at Twenty-five

http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad112/drockmac/VS._zpsmgjqqwdy.png

German command has ordered a massive fighter sweep over the English channel as a precursor to their planned Operation Sealion. The Luftwaffe is sending 40 battle hardened Messerschmitt Bf109 E-4/N pilots to the front line with orders to secure the designated battlezone.

The RAF are responding in kind, sending up 40 of its Supermarine Spitfire IIa pilots to intercept. A massive loss of 109s could seriously damage confidence in future attacks over the channel. Once again, the fate of the free world is in the hands of a very few men.

Date: Saturday, September 26/2015

Time: 2100 hrs GMT (Time Zone Converter http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/?t=9%20pm&tz=GMT%20(Greenwich%20Mean%20Time)&)

Place: Map in ATAG's Server 2/ ATAG TeamSpeak Server 2

RULES:

-You may respawn at any time, but you must have a wingman to take off.

-Luftwaffe may not cross coastline of Britain.

-RAF may not cross the coastline of France.

-Pilots must climb to 25,000ft+/7.62km+ before crossing into English Channel.

-Aircraft may drop below 25,000ft/7.62km once over the English Channel.

-Destroy 40 enemy aircraft, or you must kill or capture 35 pilots..

Map time limit: 2 hours

http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad112/drockmac/English%20Channel.bmp_zpsknzpotkj.png
(please let us know if you can`t see this map)

ALLIED

Supermarine Spitfire IIa

1.235 Sqn Coldstreamer, 2.-=7th-DR=-Milo, 3., 4.ATAG_Dave, 5.ATAG_Snapper, 6.ATAG_Flare, 7.ATAG_PanTast, 8.ATAG_Combat Wombat, 9.71st_AH_((dB)), 10.ATAG_Paranoid, 11.328th_Squid, 12.71st_AH_Moose, 13.ATAG_Kev i, 14.Seasquirt_Steve, 15.71st_AH_Badfinger, 16.71st_AH_Supermarine, 17.71st_Splinter, 18.ATAG_Septic, 19.ATAG_Mindle, 20.303_Barn_swallow,
21.71st_AH_Shamrock,22.,23.,24.,25.,26.,27.,28.,29 .,30.,

AXIS

Messerschmitt Bf109 E-4/N

1.gr00ve,2.DoubleStandards,3.Miltysmilk,4 ATAG_Berserker .,5.ATAG_Torian,6.rowns,7.yotheguy, 8.Redwulf_26, 9.ATAG_Freya,10.Cybermat47, 11.5./JG26_Ruff,12.ATAG_Dice,13.ATAG_DRock, 14.71st_AH_Eagle,15.Hazza,16.71st_AH_Smokejumper,1 7.,18.,19.,20.,

Names will be added to the list, first come, first serve.

Server password will be provided in the TS server 2 ready room prior to the battle.

*A special thanks to Salmo for scripting used in this mission.*

Combat Wombat
Sep-21-2015, 16:57
Spitfire 2A please DR :salute: sorry Flare forgot this was your doing:thumbsup:

9./JG52 gr00ve
Sep-21-2015, 18:03
109 please :salute:

DoubleStandards
Sep-21-2015, 18:34
Its been a rough couple days for me :sick:, but I should be fine by then. Count me in for a Messerschmitt.

DS

miltysmilk
Sep-21-2015, 21:01
I would like to sign up as a German 109!

Been learning the ropes with DoubleStandards

Berserker
Sep-21-2015, 22:10
Hi DRock,
109 please mate.

ATAG_((dB))
Sep-22-2015, 00:21
A red slot for me please.

o7 and thank you

ATAG_Torian
Sep-22-2015, 00:22
E4N pour moi s'il vous plais

rowns
Sep-22-2015, 01:46
DoubleStandards did learn me how to fly, sad enough my crosshair isn't working. But if someone could make a pic from both crosshairs spits and BF109 I may paint them on plastic and I maybe can fly. then I want to fill which place need to be filled(let it be BF109 so we can practice more)

DoubleStandards
Sep-22-2015, 02:02
DoubleStandards did learn me how to fly, sad enough my crosshair isn't working. But if someone could make a pic from both crosshairs spits and BF109 I may paint them on plastic and I maybe can fly. then I want to fill which place need to be filled(let it be BF109 so we can practice more)

You will need to figure out a point of reference based on your cowling for where your cross hairs would be. Its something every pilot should learn anyway in case your cockpit gets shot up. Also makes 'snap' shots easier. Sometimes its not advantageous to 'lean to gunsight' when in a fight so being able to manage without one can save your life.

DS

71st_AH_Eagle
Sep-22-2015, 08:25
Well, I have a rocket launch that day that I am having to attend to help set up and launch and other related stuff. So I may or may not be there so if there could be a sub list, that would be great. I can fly either of the aircraft but neither competently.... :D I'll support what ever side needs an additional aircraft assuming that I get back to my dorm in time. Only if we had the Beaufighter...

Cheers,
Eagle

DRock
Sep-22-2015, 08:54
Well, I have a rocket launch that day that I am having to attend to help set up and launch and other related stuff. So I may or may not be there so if there could be a sub list, that would be great. I can fly either of the aircraft but neither competently.... :D I'll support what ever side needs an additional aircraft assuming that I get back to my dorm in time. Only if we had the Beaufighter...

Cheers,
Eagle

Exactly which direction is that rocket pointing?:wf:

Hope you can make it, Eagle.:thumbsup:

71st_AH_Eagle
Sep-22-2015, 09:13
Exactly which direction is that rocket pointing?:wf:

Hope you can make it, Eagle.:thumbsup:

Well, the rocket is pointing up so hopefully it will go up. :-) And hopefully not explode on launch like some previous launches have gone.

Cheers
Eagle

DRock
Sep-22-2015, 09:38
Well, the rocket is pointing up so hopefully it will go up. :-) And hopefully not explode on launch like some previous launches have gone.

Cheers
Eagle

"the rocket is pointing up". lol.

Sounds like the right person is in charge of things. I feel safer now.:recon:

235 Sqn. Coldstreamer (QJ-X)
Sep-22-2015, 11:54
stick me down for a IIa please

ATAG_yotheguy
Sep-22-2015, 13:16
This sounds like its going to be a blast! Put me down for bf109 please.

-=7th-DR=-Milo
Sep-22-2015, 14:19
IIa pour moi s'il vous plait.....

DRock
Sep-23-2015, 08:54
We have some really good pilots joining here. This is going to be awesome.:thumbsup:

This map was a lot of fun during testing, and there was only 11 of us.

Numbers and altitude, are the key factors in this match. Also, get your damaged aircraft back to the closest airfield instead of giving the aircraft loss to your enemy. The map records and displays the score periodically, gives you a few instructions, and helps keep the battle in designated zone.

This mission will be really good for movie making, too.

Good luck, All.

ATAG_Paranoid_Glitch
Sep-23-2015, 09:36
For King and Country please Drock

S!

Para

ATAG_yotheguy
Sep-23-2015, 13:42
We have some really good pilots joining here. This is going to be awesome.:thumbsup:

This map was a lot of fun during testing, and there was only 11 of us.

Numbers and altitude, are the key factors in this match. Also, get your damaged aircraft back to the closest airfield instead of giving the aircraft loss to your enemy. The map records and displays the score periodically, gives you a few instructions, and helps keep the battle in designated zone.

This mission will be really good for movie making, too.

Good luck, All.

This is so cool guy's! Is there a plan for TS? For me I would like to have 4 in one channel with whisper to all.

Anyways cant wait for this and thanks ATAG'ers!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

DRock
Sep-23-2015, 13:57
This is so cool guy's! Is there a plan for TS? For me I would like to have 4 in one channel with whisper to all.

Anyways cant wait for this and thanks ATAG'ers!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

If you take a look at TS server 2, we made some adjustments.

I would recommend 4-6 per channel, but if squads want to stick together, they may.

A flight channel rep will have whisper to commander. Commander will have 'whisper' button to all reps.

Commanders will be there to help coordinate, not give orders. This is about fun and teamwork.

~S~

ATAG_Septic
Sep-23-2015, 14:55
I'd like to join in but cannot be absolutely certain that I will be able to attend.

Spit if available please.

Septic.

328th_Squid
Sep-23-2015, 17:18
Excellent, sign me up for Spit IIa.

The Flying Squid is ready to unleash the "Testicles of Destruction"

Oops!!!!

I mean "TENTICLES"

See you all on Saturday.

Tally Hhhhhhooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

7./JG26_SMOKEJUMPER
Sep-23-2015, 17:39
Red please.

ATAG_Kev i
Sep-24-2015, 06:29
i will fly spitfire if its ok :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Seasquirt_Steve
Sep-24-2015, 06:32
put me down for a IIa please

Redwulf__26
Sep-24-2015, 13:42
Book me a 109 please.

BTW ATAG Dave is that Tigermoth G ANSM?

TWC_SLAG
Sep-24-2015, 23:42
I'll fly a Spitfire.

Thanks,

badfinger

ATAG_Dave
Sep-25-2015, 06:15
BTW ATAG Dave is that Tigermoth G ANSM?

Yes it is :D - how did you know that?

Redwulf__26
Sep-25-2015, 07:39
Yes it is :D - how did you know that?

I flew it when it was at Sibson. I also helped take the wings off last year for inspection. I believe it's at the back of a hanger at Sywell at the moment.

ATAG_Dave
Sep-25-2015, 07:48
I flew it when it was at Sibson. I also helped take the wings off last year for inspection. I believe it's at the back of a hanger at Sywell at the moment.

Ah great - Sibson is where I had my flight also. Lovely plane :thumbsup:

Cybermat47
Sep-25-2015, 08:24
I'll check with HerrWolfenstein tomorrow to see if he can come and what side he wants to be on. I'll be back with our sign-up requests ASAP.

ATAG_Supermarine
Sep-25-2015, 15:35
I hope my Supermarine spitfire MK 11A has been warmed up to temp. tally-ho

ATAG_((dB))
Sep-25-2015, 16:21
Gentlemen can we highlight the fact on the main page that this event is in GMT that is not UK (BST) time at the moment

o7

DRock
Sep-25-2015, 18:18
Gentlemen can we highlight the fact on the main page that this event is in GMT that is not UK (BST) time at the moment

o7

The sign up says Saturday, September 26, 2100 GMT.

Not sure what you are looking at.

Edit. Think I got it. TY

ATAG_((dB))
Sep-26-2015, 00:29
There is always a few guys in UK that think that GMT will be at there time and it's not. UK is now in BST (GMT+1) until October.

rowns
Sep-26-2015, 05:04
So that means that it starts 23:00 for me, I live in sweden so GMT+2.

Cybermat47
Sep-26-2015, 05:48
HerrWolfenstien might be coming, I definitely will. Sign us both up for the Luftwaffe :thumbsup:

DoubleStandards
Sep-26-2015, 11:41
Do we need to return our planes to our originating airfield or just any friendly one?

DS

ATAG_Snapper
Sep-26-2015, 11:46
Just return to any friendly one, DS. Once safely landed at any friendly airfield, you can respawn at one of the designated airfields, wait for a wing mate, and take off together to climb back up to the fight.

:)

DoubleStandards
Sep-26-2015, 12:07
Just return to any friendly one, DS. Once safely landed at any friendly airfield, you can respawn at one of the designated airfields, wait for a wing mate, and take off together to climb back up to the fight.

Thank you sir. I know thats how it normally is. Just wanted to make sure nothing changed. I know a lot of scripting work was done for this mission. Anyway, see ya at 25,000ft!

DS

rowns
Sep-26-2015, 12:30

What is a safe landing, is that when you survive a landing or when you safely land on wheels? :)

ATAG_Snapper
Sep-26-2015, 12:47
The server will tell you if you made a safe landing.

ATAG_((dB))
Sep-26-2015, 13:48
What is a safe landing, is that when you survive a landing or when you safely land on wheels? :)

If you fly 109 rowns a safe landing is one that you press eject just before touching down

:P

rowns
Sep-26-2015, 14:04
If you fly 109 rowns a safe landing is one that you press eject just before touching down

:P

Can't wait to see you spitting your spitfire in the sea :-P

Ruff
Sep-26-2015, 15:56
I'm signing up for the Luftwaffe!
Made it home in time!
Thanks Drock!

-Ruff

DRock
Sep-26-2015, 19:30
congratulations allies!

ATAG_Flare
Sep-26-2015, 19:54
S! To BOTH sides. Great work by blue trying to lure us down, and for managing to fare so well at so high alt! Great job red staying high - we got just a few more than blue did in the end, I think.

My kill - That's rowns going down in flames.

http://i.imgur.com/pF0LFoG.jpg

Flare

rowns
Sep-26-2015, 20:05
S! To BOTH sides. Great work by blue trying to lure us down, and for managing to fare so well at so high alt! Great job red staying high - we got just a few more than blue did in the end, I think.

My kill - That's rowns going down in flames.

http://i.imgur.com/pF0LFoG.jpg

Flare

Nice picture man, I was probably easy to kill. For me it seems liked it was just 1 short burst that killed me. I did really like this battle. And I am sure that I would play more of it.

ATAG_Flare
Sep-26-2015, 20:08
Nice picture man, I was probably easy to kill. For me it seems liked it was just 1 short burst that killed me.
It was about a 1 second burst, went from the left wing root which popped the rads, and then to the fuselage which flamed you. You were chasing another spit, and I came from your low 6 blind spot. Not much you could've done . . . . I'll upload the video tomorrow.

DRock
Sep-26-2015, 20:14
I think the low score was the result of very smart tactics on both sides.

A lot of importance was emphasized on staying alive, and not giving up the kill so easy.

Well done both teams. That was some good fun.

Again, congratulations to Red for a very well played game. You guys did great.

rowns
Sep-26-2015, 20:16
It was about a 1 second burst, went from the left wing root which popped the rads, and then to the fuselage which flamed you. You were chasing another spit, and I came from your low 6 blind spot. Not much you could've done . . . . I'll upload the video tomorrow.

LOL I wasn't really chasing a spit. I didn't even know that that was a spit. I believed that I was following my team leader. Back to the coast of France. Going to be so proud of my self tomorrow. When I show it to my brother: "you see that BF109, brother?That is me."

DoubleStandards
Sep-26-2015, 20:22
Great job Rowns and milty! First time on an organized mission and you did great! As I said Rowns, you going down in flames there rests on the shoulders of the rest of us in the flight.

Ruff, awesome job with flight 3. We were almost always in close formation with each other in our flight, while also keeping tabs on flight 1 & 2. When we pressed an attack you knew when to break off knowing you had a few untested pilots with you. Our flight lost one plane, and Flare caught us off guard on that one.

D_Rock, good job keeping the flights on the same page and to the rest of the guys that help put this together, Thanks! :thumbsup:

DS

rowns
Sep-26-2015, 20:27
Great job Rowns and milty! First time on an organized mission and you did great! As I said Rowns, you going down in flames there rests on the shoulders of the rest of us in the flight.

Ruff, awesome job with flight 3. We were almost always in close formation with each other in our flight, while also keeping tabs on flight 1 & 2. When we pressed an attack you knew when to break off knowing you had a few untested pilots with you. Our flight lost one plane, and Flare caught us off guard on that one.

D_Rock, good job keeping the flights on the same page and to the rest of the guys that help put this together, Thanks! :thumbsup:

DS

Thank you DS, you did also a really good job not only in this event but also in all the trainings you gave us. Like I said before without you I wouldn't be able to do anything. And I can't say enough times thank you.

ATAG_((dB))
Sep-26-2015, 21:51
Thanks for everyone involve, players and organizer. :thumbsup:

ATAG_Dave
Sep-27-2015, 04:56
As ever thanks to everyone's hard work in organising / mission making for this event :thumbsup:

ATAG_Torian
Sep-27-2015, 06:29
Not often u are on the defensive in a 109 but up at that alt the IIa is king. Kudos to the Brits for sticking with their game plan and keeping the fight up high and conserving their e in engagements.
All those contrails swirling around was spectacular. Just love this sort of stuff. Worth getting up at 5:30am on a Sunday morning for.
Please sir....I want some more.

Combat Wombat
Sep-27-2015, 07:26
Yes indeed mate can't wait to see the vids :thumbsup: As for wanting more Your wish will be granted i'm sure

7./JG26_SMOKEJUMPER
Sep-29-2015, 17:07
LAnded my glider at Wissant with full ammo. Every time I turned another SpitIIa shooting at me.

Great evading practice.

Diamondaxe
Sep-29-2015, 19:43
Not sure how i missed the announcement for this. Perhaps the next one should be stickied when announced? I think i was looking under the bomber canpaign update thread and didnt pay attention to the others. Oh well...i fly only 110's anyway

ATAG_Flare
Sep-29-2015, 20:16
Not sure how i missed the announcement for this. Perhaps the next one should be stickied when announced? I think i was looking under the bomber canpaign update thread and didnt pay attention to the others. Oh well...i fly only 110's anyway
A teaser went out a few days before sign up, and both the sign up and teaser were sticky.