PDA

View Full Version : Best way to get wingmen to attack?

tn_prvteye
Sep-24-2015, 21:28
I'm working on a basic "Phoney War" mission that randomly opens up one of 100 other missions when you fly it. The script is available here in the forums, and the idea is from another mission (whose authors I can't remember at the moment). Anyway...how do I get my bloody wingmen to fire their damn guns? I've tried making them very disciplined...to raving lunatics in the AI settings. I've given them eagle-vision...I've made them stupid to brilliant and everywhere in between. Only one mission in ten do they seem to want to do anything. Since the base mission has no enemies (those are pulled in through the script), does that make a difference? Also, what kind of waypoint actions are the best? FreeHunt or Normal? I've tried both, but they still act like cowards.

Since the mission is different everytime, I tend to ignore the waypoints I placed...kinda have to, as the enemy shows up in different places, and I don't know how to script waypoints to follow enemies. So I really can't use the Autopilot to fly around.

Anyway...if I can get this sorted...AND I can find the original authors of the Battle of France missions for their permission, I might release something. Nothing major mind you, it's really basic...IF I can get these bastards to fire!