PDA

View Full Version : ATAG Goes Mech Warrior LL Online!!!

ATAG_WatchMan
Jul-20-2012, 11:53
Hi all, as of today server #2 will be offering MechWarrior Living Legends for online play!

After hearing good things about it from Bliss and Squirrel, I decided to buy the game through Steam and give it a try, it turned out to be a very enjoyable game. After playing for awhile we decided to put it up on the server and spread the word about it. For those who aren't familiar with the game it's actually a mod that was created for "Crysis Wars" which ends up playing and feeling like a brand new game. Instead of running around in a hi-tech combat suit, you get to run around in giant, hi-tech robots, tanks, planes, hovercraft and other assorted gizmos and best of all you can have fun and blow up your friends while doing it! :thumbsup:

For anyone who doesn't have the game yet Steam is selling it for around 10 US dollars right now, which is very cheap. If you do decide to purchase it through Steam, you end up getting "Crysis Warhead" and "Crysis Wars" in a bundle, the former being a single player game and the latter being a game designed solely for online play. Once you do that all you need to do is download and install the MWLL mod and you should be good to go. I have to warn people that the Steam version has a flaw in the installer regarding serial numbers and online play, but I'll be doing a quick thread on a fix for it, or if anyone has any problems they can contact me and I'll help them out.

The Server name is listed as "ATAG_MWLL_Brawl" which can be found in the in-game server listing, but if anyone wants to direct connect the ip is:216.52.143.205:64087. People are also welcome to use our TS3 server which now has a set of channels made for the ATAG MWLL server. In any case I hope people have fun with this one I know myself, Bliss and others are.:)

ATAG_WatchMan.

9./JG52 Jamz Dackel
Jul-20-2012, 11:56
A Mod pack?..

Wow didnt know that

ATAG_Snapper
Jul-20-2012, 12:08
Thanks, guys, I gotta try this! :D

MajorBorris
Jul-20-2012, 12:38
Mech's are alway fun!

Dutch
Jul-20-2012, 13:05
Ok. I'm up for this, but I'll need a step by step similar to what Knuckles had for HSFX.

1) I already have Crysis Wars on disc. Do I just install this or do I need to install Crysis Warhead too? (The original Crysis is already on my PC)

2) Will I need any official updates to Crysis Wars before installing MWLL? If so, where from?

3) Where do I get MWLL? (couldn't see a download section on their website, or do I have to join and login first?)

4) I have an X-box controller or my G940 - which is better/more appropriate?

5) Is trackIR useable?

6) Are there AI enemies online or just Live Homo Sapiens?

7) I'm bloody scared.:guilty:

ATAG_Knuckles
Jul-20-2012, 14:12
Good lord another on line game: cripes I was just starting to understand ARMA errr

oh but of course I'll have to give this a shot !!!

spending way too much time on teh computer (I wish to god i could learn to spell "the")

ATAG_WatchMan
Jul-21-2012, 06:45
Okay this morning I actually switched the game server from server #2 to server #1. Server #1 is a physical machine with more memory and processing power so players should now see an increase in performance and connection quality. I also need to mention that the direct connect for the game server is now 216.52.148.29:64087.:)

S! ATAG_WatchMan.

ATAG_Bliss
Jul-21-2012, 10:52
Sweet! Last night was pretty fun. Can't believe we filled the server up within a few hours of it going live. :thumbsup:

ATAG_Snapper
Jul-21-2012, 13:13
You've created a "MECH-monster". IT'S....ALIVE!!!!!
:)

ATAG_Knuckles
Jul-21-2012, 13:39
Ok. I'm up for this, but I'll need a step by step similar to what Knuckles had for HSFX.

1) I already have Crysis Wars on disc. Do I just install this or do I need to install Crysis Warhead too? (The original Crysis is already on my PC)

2) Will I need any official updates to Crysis Wars before installing MWLL? If so, where from?

3) Where do I get MWLL? (couldn't see a download section on their website, or do I have to join and login first?)

5) Is trackIR useable?

same questions here: I see that Steam has the combination of Crysis collection: so where do I look for the MWLL upgrade ??

ATAG_Bliss
Jul-21-2012, 14:05

5) Is trackIR useable?

same questions here: I see that Steam has the combination of Crysis collection: so where do I look for the MWLL upgrade ??

Crysis wars is all you need. That is the online version of the game where MWLL runs from!

2.) I honestly don't know about updates, but I thought Crysis was installed through steam? If yours is that way, it should update automatically.

3.) Right here :) http://www.mwlldownload.com/ Just download the latest beta. It will install automatically to Crysis wars. The download button is odd though.. It's the button that looks like ////////// So remember to click that!

4.) We've all been using mouse and a keyboard.. Tried the joystick, rudder pedal, throttle combo and it was just to difficult to aim

5.) No

6.) Only live players :)

7.) I am too :P

Dutch
Jul-21-2012, 16:03
Heh. Thanks Bliss ole chum!

(my copy is on disc and I've already discovered that it does need an upgrade patch, but i'll find it...........)

ATAG_Knuckles
Jul-21-2012, 16:33
Thanks Bliss: I'll give this a try :thumbsup:

ATAG_Bliss
Jul-21-2012, 19:33
Np guys.. It's really fun. Just hop on TS and I'll get your control stuff all sorted along with some hints on playing. This is really tactical. Right weapon, mech, tank, etc., for the right map scenario.

The server got populated really quickly as well.

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/2371/playerlistp.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/407/playerlistp.png/)

ATAG_Septic
Jul-21-2012, 21:29
Hi Chaps,

I believe I'm all installed-up properly but I get "Server Authentication Failed" when I try and join the server. I can join other servers Ok.

I've seen that error somewhere else before, all rather familiar :)

Any helpful suggestions?

Cheers,

Septic.

ATAG_Bliss
Jul-21-2012, 21:54
Hi Chaps,

I believe I'm all installed-up properly but I get "Server Authentication Failed" when I try and join the server. I can join other servers Ok.

I've seen that error somewhere else before, all rather familiar :)

Any helpful suggestions?

Cheers,

Septic.

Hi Septic - Watchman had the same problem when he bought Crysis through the steam sale. The authentication failure is because steam thinks you have an invalid cd key.

Here's the fix: http://www.mechlivinglegends.net/2011-01/steam-cd-key-issues/

And hop on TS :)

ATAG_Colander
Jul-21-2012, 22:28
Downloading "Wars". With my link I'll have it by next week :(

ATAG_Septic
Jul-22-2012, 05:28
Thanks for the help Bliss.

That link describes exactly my error and gives what seems to be the fix I need (well, actually that's someone else but I best not go into that here).

So, I'm absolutely confident that I'm certain I've probably followed the destructions in the link to the letter, I think, but I still get the error.

Cry,

Septic.

Warhound
Jul-22-2012, 07:57
Same problem here Septic...
Tried the fixes described here (http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php?topic=17249.0) where you edit the key written in your registry aswell as "installscript.vdf".
Neither worked, then i downloaded : cryhammer.exe (http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,17421.msg302846.html#msg302846).
Don't know if it's safe..but who cares when your key doesn't work anyway.
After manually entering the key it checks if it's valid (with and without hashes) ...and mine is invalid both times.
Next step..contact EA support (https://help.ea.com/contact-us) and ask for a new key. joy :vomit:

Not sure if i'll even bother as one guy recieved 3 invalid keys in a row from them. Might just bug Steam and demand a refund.
Amusing how you need Steam+gamespy+securom+punkbuster just to play these days, thank god it doesn't use origin too.

ATAG_Septic
Jul-22-2012, 08:35
Same problem here Septic...
Tried the fixes described here (http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php?topic=17249.0) where you edit the key written in your registry aswell as "installscript.vdf".
Neither worked, then i downloaded : cryhammer.exe (http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,17421.msg302846.html#msg302846).
Don't know if it's safe..but who cares when your key doesn't work anyway.
After manually entering the key it checks if it's valid (with and without hashes) ...and mine is invalid both times.
Next step..contact EA support (https://help.ea.com/contact-us) and ask for a new key. joy :vomit:

Not sure if i'll even bother as one guy recieved 3 invalid keys in a row from them. Might just bug Steam and demand a refund.
Amusing how you need Steam+gamespy+securom+punkbuster just to play these days, thank god it doesn't use origin too.

Thanks for sharing the information Warhound.

Septic.

ATAG_WatchMan
Jul-22-2012, 08:35
Hey guys just a quick note, some of those tutorials are incorrect in that they show the fix as
this: 11111-11111-11111 or this: 11111-11111-11111-11111
when it should be
this: 1111-1111-1111-1111-1111

Also the regedit tree should look like
this:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Electronic Arts\Electronic Arts\Crysis Wars\ergc

and the DWORD value should be this: 1111-1111-1111-1111-1111 , with no extra characters such as %. So 5 sets of 4, not 4 sets of 5 or 3 sets of 5.

Hope that helps.:)

Warhound
Jul-22-2012, 08:46
Cryhammer tool checks the key in every possible format, connects to gamespy and returns whatever gamespy says.
In my case (and I bet Septic's too): Invalid CD Key

ATAG_WatchMan
Jul-22-2012, 08:59
Warhound that's odd because at first Cryhammer returned an invalid key for my serial # and after changing it to the format I just described it worked. Now it could very well be that the cd key you have is invalid, but the chances of someone, (not yourself) buying Crysis through Steam during the summer sale and having an invalid cd key that isn't resolved by changing the entry format would be strange indeed. You might have a different issue but the one I'm describing has nothing to do with an invalid key, it has to do with the way Steam is entering that information into the registry to begin with. That's why I'm hoping it's a fix for people like Septic and maybe you too if you have another look at it.:)

Warhound
Jul-22-2012, 09:18
Sadly I tried the fix Bliss and you posted (which is the exact same as the linked thread in my first post), retried it ,proofread it ,reinstalled ,retried again and again and again, dug deeper and stumbled on cryhammer.exe and multiple other people with invalid CD-keys.

If you want I'll PM you my key and you can play around with it all you like..get it working and you can even keep it. :laugh:

Sorry for being irate, but after spending a few hours poking at it and contacting EA without a solution yet..I am more than slightly annoyed.

ATAG_WatchMan
Jul-22-2012, 09:51
Well I'm sorry you're having problems and I'm not sure what else to do. I completely understand your frustration and it pisses me off that paying customers have to go through this garbage whether it be a Steam version of Crysis, or problems that we have to deal with on the server side because CLOD has to use Steam as a middle man. Companies are so paranoid about having their profits nibbled at by pirates they screw their paying customers over again and again. Every game I've purchased through Steam has had issues directly relating to it having to run through Steam at some point and I honestly cringe every time I have to decide whether to hit the purchase button at the Steam store. In any case I hope you get it resolved because MWLL is really a fun game.

S! WatchMan.

ATAG_Knuckles
Jul-22-2012, 09:56
Now I scared: Mine will finish downloading this morning (sunday) I fool with it this afternoon and report what I get, as I always say " Theres always a fix for computer issues" :geek:

ATAG_WatchMan
Jul-22-2012, 10:05
Warhound, maybe jump on comms and we'll see if we can't figure it out.

ATAG_Septic
Jul-22-2012, 10:41
Hey guys just a quick note, some of those tutorials are incorrect in that they show the fix as
this: 11111-11111-11111 or this: 11111-11111-11111-11111
when it should be
this: 1111-1111-1111-1111-1111

Also the regedit tree should look like
this:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Electronic Arts\Electronic Arts\Crysis Wars\ergc

and the DWORD value should be this: 1111-1111-1111-1111-1111 , with no extra characters such as %. So 5 sets of 4, not 4 sets of 5 or 3 sets of 5.

Hope that helps.:)

Thanks for the help Watchman.

I checked with regedit and my key was entered in there without the dashes, I had altered the installscript file as per the link Bliss gave, with the dashes etc. I added the dashes in the registry but get the same 'server authentication 3' error. I rechecked afterwards in regedit and the dashes were still there.

Luckily for me, as you chaps are aware, I'm a level-headed type, not prone to displays of anger or any emotion really. I'm calm, everyday I'm calm, thinking of my safe secure place, calmly.

It's only a couple of quid I know but I don't have many couple of quids. :(

Septic.

ATAG_WatchMan
Jul-22-2012, 11:40
Well Septic, it's just not right. I'm not sure how many people are in this situation but perhaps the guys at MWLL will be able to do something about it via a patch or an update, it's just that it really sucks.

Warhound
Jul-22-2012, 12:19
Thanks for the offer Watchman but don't really have time to try n fix it till this evening (US afternoon?) ..will hop on TS then if you're there.

@Septic..try the cryhammer.exe(made by the MWLL-guys) linked a few posts up. If you enter your key manually and check the box "check with and without dashes". Then if it reports an invalid CD-key there is nothing you can do but contact EA... as Gamespy itself sees the key as invalid and all MWLL servers need a valid key.
This isn't the case with most Warhead or Wars servers as they mostly don't do a CD-key check, but the ones that do(mostly punkbuster enabled ones) will refuse entry aswell. :doh:

Dutch
Jul-22-2012, 12:20
Question gents.

Are you all using your normal ATAG nicks for this?

ATAG_Colander
Jul-22-2012, 12:26
In case some one else is getting "login failed check your nickname and password" but being able to login on Comrade and the web page. This worked for me:

In Crysis itself, create a new gamespy account but use your existing settings as if you are creating that account for the first time. Once
you've done that, somehow it accepts that account and doesn't give that message.

ATAG_Colander
Jul-22-2012, 12:27
Question gents.

Are you all using your normal ATAG nicks for this?

I will (still downloading).

Dutch
Jul-22-2012, 13:06
Blimey. MWLL is 2.5Gb.

Might have it by Christmas. :stunned:

ATAG_Colander
Jul-22-2012, 16:03
2.5GB for 0.5.0
160MB 0.5.1
1.4GB 0.5.2
more to come....

Dutch
Jul-22-2012, 16:59
2.5GB for 0.5.0
160MB 0.5.1
1.4GB 0.5.2
more to come....

Yep, saw that. Just watching a film (Hunt for Red October) while I defrag the h/d, then I'll give it a whirl!:)

Edit: No I won't - 'You haven't got the map, do you want to download it?'

Er....yes please. - 1 hour later - 'The map has changed, you don't have the map! Do you want to download it??'

Er...yes please. - 1 hour later - :grrr:

ATAG_Bliss
Jul-22-2012, 17:04
Anyone having auth/no cd issues, Watchman can get you sorted in a couple minutes. He's helped 3 people now.

We put up some MWLL TS3 channels so hop on.

Septic - this means you! :)

ATAG_Knuckles
Jul-22-2012, 20:58
Well pretty much expected this: as I bought this throu Steam: I have done all the above: and cryhammer says invalid Key. Didn't see anyone on TS

So any new info on the fix Septic ????? :grrr:

Warhound
Jul-22-2012, 23:48
If Cryhammer.exe says you have an invalid key...I fear you're in the same boat as me. :recon:

Watchman checked my key over and couldn't get it working either.
I also jumped through the hoops with EA and after lying and telling me the game needed Origin, they ended up saying they wouldn't help and I should contact Steam.
So have a supportticket pending now on Steam and am waiting for their reply.

To contact Steam make an account on their Support Website (https://support.steampowered.com/) and fill in all the details (accountname;name of the game;cd-key; description saying you need a key that passes Gamespy/punkbuster authorization etc).
I'll report back here if and when they answer me.

ATAG_Colander
Jul-23-2012, 00:04
Same here. Opened a ticket with steam and waiting.

Dutch
Jul-23-2012, 00:12
Hmmm, seems like having the disc was a good thing. :)

ATAG_WatchMan
Jul-23-2012, 04:24
After talking with Warhound and trying to resolve his issue and hearing from others that have purchased a "legitmate" copy of Crysis Wars, I understand the frustration everyone involved must be feeling.

To purchase the game, spend hours downloading the mod and to then find out that there is no way to get it to work just isn't right. The details that I've heard from people is that when they try to resolve the issue through Steam they get pushed off to EA and when they go to EA they get passed somewhere else. So basically the software companies involved aren't really interested in solving the issue. The fact that Steam is aware of the problem and has been aware of it for years, yet continues to sell the product is in my view "un-frickin-acceptable". Either fix the problem or take the product off the shelves.

The only solution that we can offer is changes we've made on our server to resolve this problem, so if you fall into the above category and still wish to play this game I'd suggest you give our server another go.:thumbsup:

S! ATAG_WatchMan.

ATAG_Knuckles
Jul-23-2012, 09:09
Thanks for all that info: I will do all of the above: luckily Mech Wars is not my life passion: just though it would be a hoot to play with the other ATAG gang.

I still have plenty "O" stuff to play with :salute:

Dutch
Jul-23-2012, 09:31
Just had a quick go on the server and got shot from behind around four times before I even knew which buttons to push. :D

However, a bit of gratuitous sci-fi violence and destruction is a great antidote for the frustrations of Cliffs at the moment so I'll be giving it a thorough try out later on.

As I mentioned to Watchman, there are no problems if you have the disc version, and the 'Crysis Maximum Edition' is only Ј10.00 or so from Amazon.

The original Crysis is still a classic too IMO. The maximum edition also includes Crysis Warhead and Crysis Wars plus a disc full of manuals and stuff. Bargain.

ATAG_Headshot
Jul-23-2012, 11:33
The original Crysis is still a far more advanced game then anything that has come out since. The physics and graphics are tops even now 5 years later. Compare it to the recent release of Crysis 2... Ya in this case old is better. Consoles just can't hack it

ATAG_Knuckles
Jul-23-2012, 14:15
Did you guys change the server security ? cause mine works now :stunned:

Septic: give it another shot !!!! :thumbsup:

ATAG_Septic
Jul-23-2012, 14:20
Did you guys change the server security ? cause mine works now :stunned:

Septic: give it another shot !!!! :thumbsup:

I just did :) I think they've had to set cheat protection off though :(

ATAG_Bliss
Jul-23-2012, 15:27
MWLL has it's own cheat protection. All the servers will say Punk Buster is off because of it. I'm pretty sure Watchman is blocking the gamespy auth port. From what he said, many servers are doing this because of the "invalid cd-key" problem. So don't worry. All is normal :)

ATAG_Colander
Jul-23-2012, 15:46
Nice. Then I will be able to get killed tonight!

Dutch
Jul-23-2012, 16:36
Oh,dear. 1 kill and 16 deaths. This isn't easy.

And the aircraft don't behave like aircraft. They are ummmm.......daft. But it's great fun.

Makes me remember the days of IL2 on Ubi.com when I didn't know which way was up. :stunned:

MajorBorris
Jul-23-2012, 17:00
I will throw my mech into the fire tonight as well:D

ATAG_Colander
Jul-23-2012, 23:51
Ok, spawned in a mech 30 times. Got chopped to pieces 32 times (2 as a tiny little thingy that runs around like crazy).
:D

Dutch
Jul-24-2012, 09:48
So even with loads of ATAG on the same team, we were all wasted by the old hands.

What I'd like to know is how that bloke Bubbles got that monster mech right from the off. Is this due to anti-cheat mode off?

He couldn't possibly have had the credits for that right from the word go. Or could he? I need to know how. :D

ATAG_Knuckles
Jul-24-2012, 10:02
I was under the impression that whatever you gain throuout the game you keep when you log out. Then will have that rank and all the credits. He obviously know his way around, But then again compared to me your an old hand :D

ATAG_Bliss
Jul-24-2012, 10:49
So even with loads of ATAG on the same team, we were all wasted by the old hands.

What I'd like to know is how that bloke Bubbles got that monster mech right from the off. Is this due to anti-cheat mode off?

He couldn't possibly have had the credits for that right from the word go. Or could he? I need to know how. :D

He got that mech because he not only shot at all of us. (You're credits build up if you've "helped" damage a mech that's been destroyed) So in this case he was sitting back with long range stuff, pecking away at us, while we all tried to be Rambo and died miserably. I would imagine he got a huge amount of credits within the 1st 5 minutes because of it. I've actually done it before. Gained 100k within the 1st 10 minutes once. All I did was sit back with LRM's and slowly peck away at anyone I could get a lock on. I didn't get a single kill, but I did get a massive amount of credits. And even more when my teamates finished the job :)

Warhound
Jul-24-2012, 13:57
Great to hear you guys found a workaround to the CD-key issue.
Will try the game out later today and contribute to the scrapmetal pile.:thumbsup:

ATAG_Knuckles
Jul-24-2012, 19:27
Played this once yesterday: Today No Sound: anyone else have this issue. All else seems to be o.k.

Checked the in game settings
all other games have sound
No sound in the setup page or the game

another question is their any way to shrink this to the taskbar (like Clod Alt-Tab) as I would like to see what my sound mixer is ??

No fun if I can't hear my Mech squeek !!

ATAG_Colander
Jul-24-2012, 20:05
I have that issue with CloD if I plug my headset after the game is started (it keeps playing through the speakers).

ATAG_Headshot
Jul-24-2012, 22:52
I have that issue with CloD if I plug my headset after the game is started (it keeps playing through the speakers).

I think that is because the game reads what your windows default device is when it starts and just keeps using that. Most games lately do that it seems. You need to first select either your headphones or speakers as your windows default sound device before opening the game.

JG52_Krupi
Jul-25-2012, 07:27
Okay so it's now installed, it was too late to have a go with it last night so I will just have to kick all yours asses tonight instead :devilish:

JG52_Krupi
Jul-25-2012, 12:10
WTF is this that I spent 2 hours downloading!!!!!!!!!

MajorBorris
Jul-25-2012, 12:53
Krupi, you want to try some MWLL @ 5:30pm cst?

JG52_Krupi
Jul-25-2012, 15:14
I will but I was NOT impressed with what I have seen so far :|

JG52_Krupi
Jul-25-2012, 15:49
Think I am just going to join the mechwarrior online beta.

ATAG_Knuckles
Jul-25-2012, 16:45
Krupi: really ! that little dude without the Mech suit is a hoot: runs around like he has the Hershey-squirts :)

ATAG_Colander
Jul-25-2012, 16:50
After having played it two days, I can say that I'm not impressed either. I'm not impressed as my unlimited capability for getting shot to pieces!.
:)

ATAG_Colander
Jul-25-2012, 17:29
Ha! this is the answer I got from steam regarding my key being invalid.
So far not looking good...

There are two potential solutions for this problem.

1. Completely exit out of Steam, and relaunch Steam.

2. Run Steam as administrator
- If you are logged in, please exit Steam
- Navigate to the Steam installation folder (C:\Program Files\Steam\ by default) and right-click on the Steam.exe file
- Select Run as administrator...

Please let us know if these solutions work for you.

ATAG_Knuckles
Jul-25-2012, 17:40
Ha:: I just got my answer: they want a screenshot of the issue

go figure: so I'll send them a shot of the message "Invalid CD Key"

They know whats going on !!!!!! our is certainly not the only "Invalid CD key"

Butt licks :ind:

Warhound
Jul-26-2012, 03:13
Colander, I got the exact same reply as you. So I typed out the issue again and got this reply :

"Hello,

Technical support for this title is handled by a third party support department - please follow the instructions below to contact the support provider to troubleshoot this issue:

Title: Contacting PunkBuster Support
Link: http://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3613-UEMQ-0153

For additional assistance, please visit our forums, found here:

http://forums.steampowered.com "

Isn't that a helpful answer...In both my mails with Steam they have handily ignored my suggested alternative of a refund and just pretended noting is wrong.
I guess their next step will be pointing us to EA support, then the circle is complete. :doh:

Warhound
Jul-26-2012, 16:07
This is turning into true slapstick material. :goofy
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16366755/Steamcorrespondence1a.jpg

As predicted their final solution is to send me back to EA, aka
"Go Back to Start, Do Not Pass Go"

ATAG_Colander
Jul-26-2012, 16:19
Now they are telling me to:
1.- To install "Crysis Warhead" (which I don't have installed) to make "Crysis Wars" work.
2.- If 1 fails, contact EA.

I guess I'll give it a shot although I wanted to avoid another 2 day download on top of the new MWLL version download :(

ATAG_Colander.

Warhound
Jul-26-2012, 16:26
Now they are telling me to install "Crysis Warhead" (which I don't have installed) to make "Crysis Wars" work.
I guess I'll give it a shot although I wanted to avoid another 2 day download :(

ATAG_Colander.

You can start the Warhead install and pause it right away, from then on the "view game cd-key' option will be available and you can pretend Warhead is installed in your following correspondence.
No need to fully install something you don't need and it's CD-key is allready in your registry anyway as described by Watchman in post #21 (http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?1898-ATAG-Goes-Mech-Warrior-LL-Online!!!&p=15952&viewfull=1#post15952)

edit : I wonder, do you have the same "support tech Sterling" handling your support?

ATAG_Colander
Jul-26-2012, 17:36
You can start the Warhead install and pause it right away
Thanks!!!

I wonder, do you have the same "support tech Sterling" handling your support?
No, "mine" is Jack but I'm sure they are following the same instructions that show up on their "help desk" software.

Funny thing is the following line from here https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5806-YFGL-3427

You will need to contact the game's developer/publisher directly for support if you encounter any errors or unexpected behavior which is not related to Steam authentication or CD Keys after the game has loaded.

ATAG_Colander
Jul-26-2012, 18:58
Ok, so I replied this:

Followed instructions and I still get the error when connecting to 'Crysis Wars' servers over the internet.
As a matter of fact, the key shown on Crysis Warhead is the same entered originally in the ticket. This key is simply invalid and I request a new one ASAP.

Regarding contacting EA Support, your web site states, and I quote:
"You will need to contact the game's developer/publisher directly for support if you encounter any errors or unexpected behavior which is not related to Steam authentication or CD Keys after the game has loaded."
From: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5806-YFGL-3427

This is clearly a CD Key issue hence it has to be resolved by Steam support.

I do not understand why is so hard to provide me with a new, valid key. If such a thing is impossible, I request either:
1.- A letter explaining the reasons in order to submit it to AE Support as mine is not the only case and AE support is redirecting the requests back to Steam Support.
2.- My money back on this purchase.

Let's see what they reply now :D

ATAG_Septic
Jul-26-2012, 22:54
Ok, so I replied this:

Let's see what they reply now :D

Nice one Colander,

Power to the People!

Dutch
Jul-27-2012, 08:28
Question for the blokes in the know;

Is there a way of bundling up all the maps used on the two ATAG servers into one downloadable zipfile for us to bung straight into a folder somewhere?

Having to download them individually as they come up in the server cycle is the most frustrating part of the MWLL stuff - which at the moment I'm enjoying immensely by the way, even if I'm crap.

The map with all the grass and trees and mountains is my favourite so far.

If not, no biggie, but it'd be useful if poss.

Thanks chaps! :thumbsup:

ATAG_Colander
Jul-28-2012, 17:11
Update:

We cannot assist you with this CD Key issue, please contact EA.

Technical support for this title is handled by a third party support department - please follow the instructions below to contact the support provider to troubleshoot this issue:

Title: Crysis series
Link: http://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8977-TULC-5791

For additional assistance, please visit our forums, found here:

http://forums.steampowered.com

ATAG_WatchMan
Jul-28-2012, 19:43
Dutch you sure can, just use these links!:)

http://216.52.148.29:7070/MWLL_Maps/TC_AcidKotH.zip
http://216.52.148.29:7070/MWLL_Maps/TC_PhlegetonV03.zip
http://216.52.148.29:7070/MWLL_Maps/TC_RingofFire_v0.3.zip
http://216.52.148.29:7070/MWLL_Maps/TSA_CanyonProV2_1.zip
http://216.52.148.29:7070/MWLL_Maps/TSA_Cobra02.zip
http://216.52.148.29:7070/MWLL_Maps/TSA_New_Roland.zip
http://216.52.148.29:7070/MWLL_Maps/TSA_Underground.zip
http://216.52.148.29:7070/MWLL_Maps/TC_Urban_Jungle.zip

Now the one thing you have to realize is that these zips file directories are made to be downloaded through the game so what you need to do is extract each map to a separate place, copy and then paste the main map folder, like this example:

TC_AcidKotH.zip

1) Unzip TC_AcidKotH.zip to a separate place, once unzipped->
2) Find the folder named TC_AcidKotH and copy it then->
3) Paste it into the correct map folder in your game, in this case you would open up your game folder and the directory tree would be; Crysis Wars\Mods\mwll\Game\Levels\Multiplayer\TC. The TC folder has all the Terrain Control maps, which is where you would want to paste this into, if it had an abbreviation of TSA, you would paste it into that folder.

If your not sure, just open up your game folder and follow the directory tree above, you'll see all the other maps that the game uses.

S! WatchMan.

Dutch
Jul-28-2012, 19:59
That's oh so good mate. Cheers! :)

Warhound
Jul-29-2012, 06:37
Update:...

Colander,
I got that same reply too. But after telling them I had allready contacted EA , who told me it was a steam problem. And telling them I had been a loyal customer for 8years , they finally gave me my money back.

So if you haven't yet, talk to EA about it and screenshot the conversation..with luck they'll help you and if not you can link the convo to steam and press on..eventually they'll cave in.
When contacting EA it's best to choose Crysis 2 as game btw..since then you can get live chat support ,which doesn't exist for crysis 1 anymore. Once you have someone on the line ,just explain the issue and see if they'll help (just don't get conned into installing Origin if you aren't using it yet).

The best part..Crysis and MWLL still work when launched via the .exe's. Pretty sure that's why Steam resists so hard when pressed for a refund.

ATAG_Colander
Jul-29-2012, 08:56
This one is from EA support:

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

I appreciate your interest in Crysis Warhead.

I have gone through your case that you were unable to join multiplayer servers with Crysis Warhead game and get error as "CD Key Check failed, do you want to edit it". I assure you my support in getting this sorted.

As to assist you further in this issue we will require some information. Please provide us the following details:

1) Please provide me the scan copy or take a snap of the game manual with the product code and purchase invoice receipt with your signature and date on both copies

2) If you do not have the game manual, then please take a screen shot of the email which you've received from Retailer with the product registration code.

Your Email address:
Your Date of Birth listed on account:
Your Origin ID:

Additionally, please go though the steps given below to attach a file.

1) Log in to the Customer Portal and select "MY CASES".
2) Locate the correct case.
3) Click "BROWSE" and locate the file to be attached.
4) Add a note regarding the attachment.
5) Click "ADD NOTE".

Electronic Arts looks forward to hear from you. In case of any help, please get in touch with us anytime. Alternatively, please visit our extensive knowledgebase online: http://help.ea.com/.

Regards,
Anjani
Electronic Arts - World Wide Customer Experience

Just sent the screenshots. Let's see how it goes!