PDA

View Full Version : SweetFX: running Win 8.1

apoll
Sep-29-2015, 23:03
Hello. Trying to get SweetFX/InjectFX to run with my newly loaded CloD 4.312 version. No luck. Scanned all the threads; still confusing. Will it, will it not work with Win 8.1? If so, which version and where do i find it? Tried Philstyle's InjectFx...no good. Doesn't work.

Grateful advice. Am I stuck without it?

regards,

apoll

jjohnson241
Sep-30-2015, 10:19
Try this thread:
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18420

Not sure if he has Win 8.1 but I have it working under Win 10.

apoll
Oct-01-2015, 19:19
Thanks Jjohnson241. I've checked the thread but still confused.

All others....has anyone managed to get SweetFX/InjectFX working with Win 8.1? Come on...it's a simple question. Just want to know if I'm wasting my time looking for fixes et al. I have trawled through all the threads on it, but it is not clear at all whether there is a way to get it running on Win 8.1.

I would like a steer here, thanks.

Regards,
apoll

jjohnson241
Oct-02-2015, 09:45
Read the thread (link at end of this post).
Follow instructions in first post for download and installation.

This is what I have working in Win 10. I don't know if anyone here got it working in Win 8.1 although I believe the poster in the thread attached was/is running 8.1

Try it.

The Utilities and Tools section here is full of posts regarding SweetFX attempts and solutions/settings. Also, there are SweetFX posts elsewhere on this forum. Many suggest SweetFX does not run under 8.1. The post below deals with a new Shader that uses SweetFX as a component. DX10 is selected as the API. Means that you'll have to run CloD under DX10 (Render=D3D10_0 in Conf.ini in 1Csoftclub MOD). My prior attempts at getting SweetFX to run used DX9 as the API under Win 7. That was unsuccessful. I upgraded to Win 10 and tried the Shader solution in the post below. It worked. Whether Win 7 or DX 9 was the problem, I couldn't tell you.

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18420

apoll
Oct-02-2015, 17:56
Ok Jjohnson241, I shall take a deep breath and try again. Thanks very much for your efforts. Very much appreciated. I shall report back.

Apoll