PDA

View Full Version : Are guns jamming modeled in Cliffs?

ATAG_Naz
Jul-22-2012, 01:47
Hi fellas

Just wondering if guns jamming is part of the game. This morning I dived down onto the tail of a 110 and lined him up for a perfect shot... Pulled the trigger and nothing happened. I turned to RTB but intermittently pulled the trigger a few times and still no guns. A few minutes later the guns started working again so I was able turn back and get into the fight again without having to land and re spawn.

This has happened to me a few other times although the guns have not previously started to work on their own again.

Sounds good if it is a feature (eg: hi speed dive jamming the guns?? - if that is something that could have/did happen) OR is my joystick simply on its way out?

III./ZG76_Keller
Jul-22-2012, 02:10
I've never noticed this, I hate to say it but it may be your joystick. Use your joystick calibration tool and check that your trigger is registering every pull.

ATAG_Naz
Jul-22-2012, 02:17
I've never noticed this, I hate to say it but it may be your joystick. Use your joystick calibration tool and check that your trigger is registering every pull.

Thanks Keller, I was afraid of that. Was hoping it was the game because each time it's happened the guns would immediately work ok again upon a respawn (multi player) or restarting a mission (when in single player).

Cheers:salute:

71st_AH_Eagle
Jul-23-2012, 22:56
No this feature is not modeled in IL-2 CloD. However, the reloading of the 20mm canons in flight on the Me 110 is. :) That means you have a couple 60round drums for each flight. Just watch you canon round counter and watch it jump from 0-60. Discovered it on accident a while back. It's not a problem with your joystick so don't worry about it.

Edit: Wrong aircraft I guess

ATAG_Snapper
Jul-24-2012, 07:23
Hi Naz,

I've noticed this on several occasions with my joysticks -- Warthog, TM16000, MSSFFB2. All three triggers work perfectly with DCS P51D, DSC A10C, and ROF. I'll press the trigger and sometimes nothing will happen, or, if I'm giving a three-second burst the guns will sometimes just stop shooting after a second or so. Usually I'll find that repeated trigger presses will get the guns shooting again -- but frequently by that time the moment is lost and I'm off target.

Because my triggers work fine in the other sims, I've ruled out hardware issues, USB issues, etc. My ping on the ATAG Server is 40 +/- 2. Secretly I blame it on the squirrelly Net Code with this sim, but publicly I blame the Evil Blue Side for messing up my game! :devilish:

ATAG_Naz
Jul-24-2012, 09:15
Thanks lads.

Yeah Stealth_Eagle, I was in a Spit at the time (come to think of it, the handful of times it's happened has always been in a Spitfire). Thanks for the info on the 110 reloading though, I was unaware of that so its good to know :salute:

I can't find anything wrong with the hardware either Snapper so I will go with either of your explanations :)

ATAG_Snapper
Jul-24-2012, 09:34
Hmmm, I've been flying the Spitfire IIa exclusively of late. I'll have to check some other aircraft types.

MajorBorris
Jul-24-2012, 15:49
Sounds just like the machineguns in the bombers.

Catseye
Jul-27-2012, 18:01
Hi Naz,

I've noticed this on several occasions with my joysticks -- Warthog, TM16000, MSSFFB2. All three triggers work perfectly with DCS P51D, DSC A10C, and ROF. I'll press the trigger and sometimes nothing will happen, or, if I'm giving a three-second burst the guns will sometimes just stop shooting after a second or so. Usually I'll find that repeated trigger presses will get the guns shooting again -- but frequently by that time the moment is lost and I'm off target.

Because my triggers work fine in the other sims, I've ruled out hardware issues, USB issues, etc. My ping on the ATAG Server is 40 +/- 2. Secretly I blame it on the squirrelly Net Code with this sim, but publicly I blame the Evil Blue Side for messing up my game! :devilish:

Hmmmmm. Do you have your trigger mapped to DX or do you have it mapped to "Q" for shoot all guns?

I have it mapped to "Q" and have never seen this problem.

Just a thought.

ATAG_Snapper
Jul-27-2012, 18:16
Hi Cats,

On the road this weekend, but will check on my return Tuesday. I believe I have the trigger programmed to "Q" -- I use the TARGET software for my Warthog HOTAS.