PDA

View Full Version : Spawn Point for Single Player Mission

FatBadger
Oct-13-2015, 16:27
Evening Pilots

Slowly working my way through the FMB and Single Player sections of the forum, but so far I'm not finding the answer I need. So I thought it might be a good idea to pick your brains. :)

I've been experimenting with a single player scenario based at the runway at Gravesend. My plan is to use it to learn the sims ropes and slowly add bits to it as I advance to practicing new stuff. So to start with I'm just placing a Hurricane, taking off, flying a circuit and landing. Next I'll add in a 109 who got lost and is flying up the Thames.. straight into the waiting jaws of your Badger. Then later he'll probably bring some mates along. Well you get the picture.

I've had some success so far. I have an airfield with hangers and windsocks, and yellow sided boards and I've flown circuits and been busily patting myself on the back. But the one thing that is bugging me so far, is that my aircraft won't start off where I placed it in the FMB. My original ambitious plan was to have it start off in my hangar. But when that wouldn't work I tried placing it a little way from the hangar. Regardless the aircraft always ends up spawning at the opposite end of the field. Requiring that I then taxi all the way along the runway, so that I can turn and take off into the wind.

I've watched a few videos on the subject, but they seem to center on building multiplayer not single player missions. I've tried placing the zone area system they suggest, but the sim just ignores this and places the plane where it wants to. In any case, one of the videos suggested that for a single player mission you don't need to use these, but only place your aircraft using the object viewer and make it the "player" and it will spawn where you placed it. Not on my airfield it don't! :)

What am I doing wrong folks?

All the best
Badger

III./ZG76_Saipan
Oct-13-2015, 16:36
i dont think you doing anything wrong with the placement. i think the mechanics got messed up at some point in game with official patches. u can place tanks on roads and they wont follow the right path. sounds like progress...hope you get online soon..more fun to be had.

1lokos
Oct-13-2015, 17:02
But the one thing that is bugging me so far, is that my aircraft won't start off where I placed it in the FMB.

Spawn points are used be game engine from the highest number to the lowest, and the highest is the one more far from runway... It's CloD "logical".

A way to force the plane appear in some point is block the others with one object, e.g. a drum.

And done this sometimes the plane ignore the remaingin spawn point and respawn in the pasture near the airfield. :D

Salmo
Oct-13-2015, 17:29
As 1lokos said, place some sort of static object directly over the spawn points you do not want an aircraft to spawn at. I usually use a static plane. Leave only the spawn points where you want your plane to actually spawn at uncovered.

FatBadger
Oct-14-2015, 10:48
Yep that was it thanks fellas. :salute:

It took me a few false starts where I thought I'd covered all the bases and then still spawned out in the field somewhere. But then finally clicking on "fly" saw me spawning right in the hanger! :D

It's also nice to have some scenery around the place anyway. I covered the spots with aircraft, oil drums, a radio mast, a starter generator an Armored Car.... even a bicycle in one place. :D

Thanks for the help all.

Badger

1lokos
Oct-14-2015, 10:59
If someone make a invisible box to add in FMB to this purpose, and a invisible tall pole to be place in trees in runway approaches... :thumbsup:

Salmo
Oct-17-2015, 03:48
If someone make a invisible box to add in FMB to this purpose, and a invisible tall pole to be place in trees in runway approaches... :thumbsup:

That's certainly a good idea. :thumbsup:

No.401_Wolverine
Oct-20-2015, 12:41

I like this as well. It's not economical to try and place one in all trees, but key spots on the map like runway approaches and near some targets would certainly put the fear of CloD into some pilots. Plus, being invisible, you'd never know if a tree had one or not, so you're forced to fly safely over other areas lest the mission builder have cleverly slapped one down somewhere unexpected.

Vortice
Jan-31-2016, 20:22
Yep that was it thanks fellas. :salute:

It took me a few false starts where I thought I'd covered all the bases and then still spawned out in the field somewhere. But then finally clicking on "fly" saw me spawning right in the hanger! :D

It's also nice to have some scenery around the place anyway. I covered the spots with aircraft, oil drums, a radio mast, a starter generator an Armored Car.... even a bicycle in one place. :D

Thanks for the help all.

Badger

I just did a quick survey of the airfields in my area and they have at least 80 - 100 individual spawn points each.

It will take a lot of time and effort to cover them all so another strategy might be to enable AI control in the realism settings and when you're in the plane engage the autopilot and x16 time acceleration.

Then sit back and enjoy a high speed taxi ride to the start of the runway and when you get there you can go back to normal time acceleration and disengage the autopilot so as to take off under your own control.