PDA

View Full Version : Omfg

Fried
Jul-31-2012, 11:38
As I have mentioned once or twice in the past I have been playing Clod with an older graphics card, an Nvidia 8800 Ultra with 768mb of memory, and whilst its the oldest generation card actually supported by Clod you can probably imagine what most of my graphics setting were. I did manage to tune the graphics enough to get on average mid 20s fps and it also played quite smooth but I could only dream of seeing in-game what I see in videos of Clod on youtube.

Well no more, this morning I took delivery of a Radeon HD7870 ghz edition with 2048mb of memory (comparison sites put it around the Nvida 570/580 power wise) at a cost of almost half of what I paid for the 8800 ultra back in 2007 when it was a high end card. After installing you can probably guess what i did next, yep fired up Clod set all graphics setting to max and 8x aa, loaded up offline free fight and few around, first thoughts were wow the cockpit shadows are fantastic, next i looked at my fps and wow again, 70+ and when I look to the skies its up over 130, next was drop to the deck and head for London, first thing that struck me was wtf, look at these stupid trees popping up as I approach them, never had trees on before but had read about this on the Banana forums.

Got to London and flying low i never saw my fps drop below 40, why the hell didnt I do this sooner, still got some testing to do, got to try online and see how clouds etc effect it but first impressions were fantastic (just need the popping trees fixed) so good infact that I can forget about upgrading anything else like cpu etc which is a Q6600 quad core 2.4ghz overclocked to 3.4ghz and seems more than enough when watching my cpu usage when playing.

So already for the next patch and can finally enjoy what I am looking at in-game :)

/me is happy

Doc
Jul-31-2012, 11:54
This happens to a lot of people. Welcome to a whole new world.

ATAG_Bliss
Jul-31-2012, 13:46
Congrats :geek:

MADDMANN
Jul-31-2012, 15:34
Happy Birthday Sir,
~S~