PDA

View Full Version : TS Perma Ban

Walsh
Nov-08-2015, 08:40
Was on the Atag teamspeak last night with my mic muted (kids were sleeping). Some other dude started spamming the channel with music. Best part was he seemed to spam it every time I got on a Spitfires 6, totally throwing me off.
Anyway, someone thought it was me and I got banned. Atag Invictus said he lifted the ban, but it seems like I still can't connect.

ATAG_Snapper
Nov-08-2015, 08:52
OK, at your earliest opportunity give it another try, you should now again have full access. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Snapper :salute:

Walsh
Nov-10-2015, 20:58
Yep, I'm all set now. I'll be on, silently listening away.....:thumbsup:

invictus84
Nov-16-2015, 21:41
Sorry again, Walsh. As I stated on chat, I was the one that banned you because I misheard what the others were saying i.e. I thought they said it was you. I tried "unbanning" you and thought I had done so. But I see I must have dorked that up too. Obviously. This is why I normally let other ATAGers do the "Administrator" stuff i.e. I typically dork it up. :(

Once again, very sorry for the trouble and hope you don't hold it against ATAG. :salute:

Wolf
Nov-16-2015, 21:46
@ ATAG_Invictus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E145FC1lmc

:)

ATAG_Snapper
Nov-17-2015, 10:44
Sorry again, Walsh. As I stated on chat, I was the one that banned you because I misheard what the others were saying i.e. I thought they said it was you. I tried "unbanning" you and thought I had done so. But I see I must have dorked that up too. Obviously. This is why I normally let other ATAGers do the "Administrator" stuff i.e. I typically dork it up. :(

Once again, very sorry for the trouble and hope you don't hold it against ATAG. :salute:

Don't be too hard on yourself, Invictus. In an identical situation a few months ago it took me numerous attempts to figure out how to "unban" a TS client. Luckily for me, the banned player was as patient and gracious as Walsh and worked with me to help me figure it out. :thumbsup:

Walsh
Nov-27-2015, 19:20
Yeah, it was no problem at all. Now I've got people sleeping while I'm on, so I can't be screaming and swearing every time if get shot down out of nowhere. Hope you guys don't mind that I'm silent on teamspeak; once you get used to the situational awareness it's impossible to fly without it.

Baffin
Nov-28-2015, 10:05
Walsh,

Don't be too hard on yourself. I suspect that every one of us spews out a line of expletive bilge now and then. The answer is very simple... use a "Press to Talk" (PTT) button. Then you can cuss away and no one hears it except you, your wife, the children, the visiting minister, etc., etc. It's also realistic. However... watch out for the inevitable "Stuck" mike!

A PTT button is also one answer to poor online communications manners. It is really boring to have to listen to a couple of "dudes" going on and on with "Hot" mikes, while the rest of us are trying to keep from dying at the hands of the enemy. For those that must chatter endlessly, please consider using a separate TeamSpeak channel. :cussing:

"If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all." ...Thumper the rabbit

invictus84
Nov-28-2015, 15:03
I have PTT.... sadly I also have a bad habit of being a bit too chatty (see my videos if you dont believe me).

Sometimes I think I should just TS ban myself and be done with it. :D

ATAG_Colander
Nov-28-2015, 17:37
PTT is a MUST!

I can't tell you how many times I've jumped because, while a complete silence on TS, someone cough. :)