PDA

View Full Version : Mission problem - 17 ship mission

Doc
Aug-06-2012, 18:04
Both sides completed their objectives.

The mission see's G7 as a Radar station when it is an Armory.

Also doesn't count the ships for either side when showing completed objectives.

They are listed in the mission briefing.

For the record we finished it first. Then we had a 2.5 hour dog fight server.

This mission is needing some TLC because something is broke.

Can we NOW start counting wins vs losses red vs blue?

:recon:

Wolf
Aug-06-2012, 18:55
Both sides completed their objectives.

The mission see's G7 as a Radar station when it is an Armory.

Also doesn't count the ships for either side when showing completed objectives.

They are listed in the mission briefing.

For the record we finished it first. Then we had a 2.5 hour dog fight server.

This mission is needing some TLC because something is broke.

Can we NOW start counting wins vs losses red vs blue?

:recon:

Sounds like one of the old Channel Dawn missions Doc. Not sure if Bliss or watchman created that.

Red v Blue Count..

Good idea. I can't do the Stats that flow to the website. But I can do it within the mission.

I will incorperate that into my misssion now. At each stage there will now be a Win count Red v Blue.
You can check count in the menu.

Stages are won/lossed on points.

Stage 1 = first to 1000
Stage 2 = first to 2000
Stage 3 = first to 3000
Stage 4 = first to 4000
Stage 5 = first to 5000

At 5000 points or after 7 hours battle ends and the Talley is displayed as overall winner. Mission restarts. Or I can do First to win 3 stages. .

Does this sound ok?

Warhound
Aug-06-2012, 19:15
This mission has bugged me for a while now aswell...somewhere somehow the objectives got messed up and either don't report as completed (ships), or report different and non-existant objectives when completed.
End result is it turns into a boring air-quake match till the time runs out.

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?1767-Missionbug-objectives-cannot-be-completed

ATAG_Bliss
Aug-06-2012, 20:25
I had removed this mission a long time ago for that very reason. With ships randomly flying in the air and all sorts of other net-code, issues sometimes the triggers don't work correctly. I've now removed it again. About the only thing that works 100% of the time as far as objectives go are static, land-based objects. I had planned on having AI bombers as a real objective but they also sometimes don't count correctly in the current state of the game. Hopefully, whoever put that mission up will see this thread and not reapply it.

Wolf
Aug-06-2012, 21:12
I had removed this mission a long time ago for that very reason. With ships randomly flying in the air and all sorts of other net-code, issues sometimes the triggers don't work correctly. I've now removed it again. About the only thing that works 100% of the time as far as objectives go are static, land-based objects. I had planned on having AI bombers as a real objective but they also sometimes don't count correctly in the current state of the game. Hopefully, whoever put that mission up will see this thread and not reapply it.

Hey Bliss,

I have a 100% code for bombers always been counted as an objective. I will try to pack it into a stand alone mission so you can see. I will extract it from Channel Command. But it always works.

Dutch
Aug-06-2012, 21:14
Time for a remustering of the troops chaps. :)

I detect a degree of dissention amongst the ranks. This will not do (Call the Schoolmaster, eh Deac?)

Here's a joke which may need to be deleted...............

A bloke is watching telly with his young son.

It's a scary movie, and the little boy says 'Daddy, is that lady going to die?'

Daddy says, 'Well son, judging by the size of that horse's cock, I'd say yes.'

As Septic would say, I'm very sorry about that last joke. Honest.

Atreides
Aug-06-2012, 21:22
Was just drinking some water when reading that joke. Almost cost me my monitor :thumbsup:

Have flown in this mission tonight. I hope the creator fixes it, because a lot of allied ships are an ideal target for a flight of junkers 88 (3 of us destroyed 14 out of 17 in 1 flight tonight and the rest a follow up flight in me110's).

Doc
Aug-06-2012, 21:40

lol

I love it.

:thumbsup:

ATAG_Deacon
Aug-06-2012, 21:49
@ATAG_Dutch

roflmao

Wolf
Aug-06-2012, 22:09
[QUOTE=ATAG_Dutch;16529]

QUOTE]

Pure Gold!!!

:salute: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ATAG_Septic
Aug-07-2012, 03:41
Time for a remustering of the troops chaps. :)

I detect a degree of dissention amongst the ranks. This will not do (Call the Schoolmaster, eh Deac?)

Here's a joke which may need to be deleted...............

As Septic would say, I'm very sorry about that last joke. Honest.

I had a proper chortle at that, thank-you!

Septic

ATAG_Bliss
Aug-11-2012, 19:16
This has been fixed and put back on the server. There has also been an extra objective added for the Blue side. Please let me know how the objectives work out, especially the ships. I just spent 3 hours just doing the testing and confirmation that the objectives all destroy, map rotates etc. But that stuff somehow always changes with lots of players.

Just let me know. Thanks!

III./ZG76_Keller
Aug-11-2012, 19:34
Good stuff Bliss, I always liked this mission; aside from the ship issue that is.

Warhound
Aug-11-2012, 22:48
Blue just rolled the mission, everything worked perfecty fine. :)

ATAG_Bliss
Aug-11-2012, 23:41
Blue just rolled the mission, everything worked perfecty fine. :)

Good deal.

Thanks for letting me know :)

Warhound
Aug-12-2012, 00:45
I forgot one thing, THANK YOU! :salute:
Great to have it fixed, pounding that fleet in 88's is something I missed. And no more 4hour unwinnable mission.

My excuse for forgetting is that we were in the middle of a bombingspree and I wanted to get back in the server ASAP. :P

ATAG_Bliss
Aug-12-2012, 01:50
Well there's more in store. I have a couple more missions almost done. But it's gonna take some time to make sure it all works, timings, objectives, etc., but should be by the end of next week :)

I've found some more ways to work around some of the other problems so it opens up a couple more possibilities. But I still have to make sure it all works!

Thanks again.

Wolf
Aug-12-2012, 04:02
Well there's more in store. I have a couple more missions almost done. But it's gonna take some time to make sure it all works, timings, objectives, etc., but should be by the end of next week :)

I've found some more ways to work around some of the other problems so it opens up a couple more possibilities. But I still have to make sure it all works!

Thanks again.

If you are having any issues with triggers let me know. I can give you multiple examples on how to make sure they work 100% of the time.

ATAG_Bliss
Aug-12-2012, 12:57
Hi Wolf,

Its not so much the triggers not working as it is the objects they are attached to doing funky stuff - ships flying etc. I think I've found a solution for using static ships, but I need to test more. But yes I'll take all the examples you can give me :D

Thanks!

Atreides
Aug-12-2012, 20:26
I'm glad you fixed the triggers Wolf. Here's a video I recorded last week of a flight of Junkers Ju 88's attacking the ships. Always great fun (meanwhile, in the red team: "look at me, I have a bomber that can carry as much as 4 bombs":P).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCyxo7jPxt0

ATAG_Colander
Aug-12-2012, 21:12
This was today. all ships where hit but this one never sunk.
Maybe the name helps for something.

III./ZG76_Keller
Aug-12-2012, 21:17
I was in the server just now as the mission ended, the ship was finally reported sunk 3 hours after it was hit and disappeared.

Wolf
Aug-12-2012, 22:02
I was in the server just now as the mission ended, the ship was finally reported sunk 3 hours after it was hit and disappeared.

I am passing on the code today to Bliss to see if he wants to use it for this mission. May help resolve the issue.

Atreides
Aug-14-2012, 15:58
Just played this mission. Blue destroyed the 17 ships and the armory. The game also reported these objectives as being completed. However this didn't trigger the mission to end.

Torric270
Aug-14-2012, 16:12
Just played this mission. Blue destroyed the 17 ships and the armory. The game also reported these objectives as being completed. However this didn't trigger the mission to end.

Atreides they added Beaufighters to the mission also, it's not reflected in the initial briefing but it shows when you right click on your map and check briefing. Hope this helps.

Atreides
Aug-14-2012, 17:32
Atreides they added Beaufighters to the mission also, it's not reflected in the initial briefing but it shows when you right click on your map and check briefing. Hope this helps. Ah, none of us in blue knew that at the time :ind:

III./ZG76_Chasing Fear
Aug-14-2012, 20:03
Just a thought, but maybe the server messages could be adjusted to list the objectives remaining. That would avoid issues like this. Seeing them listed might also encourage more folks to support the missions instead of just seeking furballs.

-Fear

Wolf
Aug-14-2012, 20:26
Just a thought, but maybe the server messages could be adjusted to list the objectives remaining. That would avoid issues like this. Seeing them listed might also encourage more folks to support the missions instead of just seeking furballs.

-Fear

I have sent Bliss a mission example with 17 red ships and 5 Blue ships that does all you want.

But yes takes about 10 mins to do from scratch. Just remember these guys have jobs and are very tired at the end of the day. Can be hard to find time to even play, let alone adjust missions and re-test. Oh and lets not get started on the Nagging girlfriends and Wive that want to interrupt and take you to bed... even if they aren' yours... ;)

:salute:

Doc
Aug-15-2012, 00:00
I have sent Bliss a mission example with 17 red ships and 5 Blue ships that does all you want.

But yes takes about 10 mins to do from scratch. Just remember these guys have jobs and are very tired at the end of the day. ;)

:salute:

LOL roflmao :huh: Bliss drives like -> :maddriver: