PDA

View Full Version : Having a few problems

Tinkicker
Nov-09-2015, 12:50
Every time I shut down the PC and boot it up later, steam appears to do some sort of update and renders all my config files void. Nothing works. This started happening yesterday afternoon. Getting tiring having to change and reconfigure the controls everytime I start CloD.

Axes and switches all are rendered inoperable from pan view with hat switch; to ailerons, elevators and throttle.

Any ideas? using windows 10, so I can't seem to access the clod files to deny updates ect like I could with win7, or indeed even find the cache file to delete.

Thanks. Its really doing my head in.

Artist
Nov-09-2015, 13:13
Hi Tinkicker,

check Steam, Library, Cliffs of Dover, Properties, (don't remember which Tab), Steam Cloud. Is that disabled? If not, disable.

Cheers,
Artist

ATAG_Torian
Nov-10-2015, 03:56
Your 1C SoftClub folder is still in the documents folder. Just open File Explorer and select Documents. As Artist said, u need to make sure Steam Cloud is OFF or the user.ini (ammo loadouts and convergences) and any custom control .ini u create won't be written to in the MOD folder but rather stored in the vagaries of the Steam cloud which seems to create problems for most players.

DRock
Nov-10-2015, 11:38
Every time I shut down the PC and boot it up later, steam appears to do some sort of update and renders all my config files void. Nothing works. This started happening yesterday afternoon. Getting tiring having to change and reconfigure the controls everytime I start CloD.

Axes and switches all are rendered inoperable from pan view with hat switch; to ailerons, elevators and throttle.

Any ideas? using windows 10, so I can't seem to access the clod files to deny updates ect like I could with win7, or indeed even find the cache file to delete.

Thanks. Its really doing my head in.

Not the solution, but a tip.

Make a copy of your config.ini file and keep it somewhere else. That way you can copy and paste the settings, instead of reconfiguring your controls, if lost.

Luckily, your problem hasn't happened to me in a couple of years, but I have a spare copy of all my config files.

Good luck.

Tinkicker
Nov-15-2015, 05:14
Thanks guys, switched off the stupid steam cloud thingy and that seems to have cured it and also the sign in box that appeared everytime I booted up the pc. Hate steam with a vengeance.

Tinkicker
Dec-03-2015, 13:06
Still having problems, despite copying and pasting in a new confuser file the damn thing will still not work, then I noticed that keys assigned on my keyboard continue to work and the problem is confined to my sidewinder 2 and saitek pedals.

Now thinking it is a usb driver problem with recognised game controllers. The correct assigned CLoD control options are still showing in the file, its just that once they stopped working they don't work again until you run through them again via the change axis / keys assignment box.

Having to reconfigure everything assigned to stick and pedals every couple of sessions or so. Very vexing.

1lokos
Dec-03-2015, 15:30
The joystick issue can be:

Connect/disconnect the controllers frequent in different USB ports, this can change their ID for Windows and thus for games, one time the joy is Joy0, in the next is Joy1.
Use Wind 8/10 - this OS can change the joy ID in every boot...

farley
Dec-03-2015, 22:40
The joystick issue can be:

Connect/disconnect the controllers frequent in different USB ports, this can change their ID for Windows and thus for games, one time the joy is Joy0, in the next is Joy1.
Use Wind 8/10 - this OS can change the joy ID in every boot...

You have it right 1lokos.

I feel your pain Tinkicker. I have this exact problem, and more often than not have to reset the controls for the joystick, throttle, trim wheel, and throttle quadrant before i can fly. The rudder is usually ok. It takes a while to do all of that, and is frustrating to the point of not wanting to go through the bother to fly any more. Is there no solution for this? Using Windows 10 now, but used to happen, though much less frequently in Windows 7.

Would certainly be grateful for any suggestions.

E69_Mezzer
Dec-04-2015, 17:22
It also happens to me occasionally. I solved the problem by saving the different Keys and Axes configurations.

-Options/Controls/Controls Options --> Save as: "controls1", "controls2", "controls3" ..etc. When the Joystick numbers are changed, I load the different "controls.." files until one matches the current assignment. I just have three controllers, maybe more problematic with several more or you have different configuration files for each of the aircraft that you fly.

Tinkicker
Dec-07-2015, 12:36
found out the easiest way is to go into control panel and connected devices, uninstall the pedals and stick, unplug them then plug them back in. Work perfectly then without having to input all the config settings again.

ATAG_Torian
Dec-07-2015, 20:48
found out the easiest way is to go into control panel and connected devices, uninstall the pedals and stick, unplug them then plug them back in. Work perfectly then without having to input all the config settings again.

Nice find Tinkicker.
Will have to try that on mt Win10 gaming laptop I use when away from home. Win10 doesn't seem to like u unplugging usb controllers.

mumak
Dec-08-2015, 13:36
hi ım have a trouble. i cant install team fusion mod first patch.
i copy modinstaller.exe to game directory. press install . but not install. very past window flash. and i continue Minipatch 3.01 Mod Installer.exe popup this message , folder does not contain the pre-requiste MOD version

Tinkicker
Dec-09-2015, 12:17
hi ım have a trouble. i cant install team fusion mod first patch.
i copy modinstaller.exe to game directory. press install . but not install. very past window flash. and i continue Minipatch 3.01 Mod Installer.exe popup this message , folder does not contain the pre-requiste MOD version

Welcome Mumak. To get you the most help possible I copied your post onto another thread so the maximum number of people will see it and be able to help. Maybe the mods will start it as a new thread for you.

Link:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20705