PDA

View Full Version : Single player dogfight practice advice please.

Jean Lafitte
Nov-17-2015, 01:07
I have the Steam version of CloD with no mods loaded.

I need to practice dogfighting in the 109, the Spit and the Hurri. I need advice.

What's the best way? Here's what I have done so far. I take the "Even Dogfight" scenarios and customize so that it's 1 plane versus 1. When I fly the 109, I dogfight the AI Spit or Hurri. When I fly the Sp or Hurri, I do so versus one AI 109.
The AI 109 doesn't want to dogfight and runs away. The Spit will dogfight for some time then tries to run away. Is there some scenario I can try where they don't run away?

I always upgrade the Spit and Hurri to the 100 octane version because I read that is what the RAF flew during the B of Britain. Is this accurate?

I could also benefit from dogfight lessons. I am not very good at dogfighting and shooting.

Is the ATAG mod good for single player and training?

I'm not sure I'd be a very good squadron member. I like to begin scenarios already flying with the enemy almost in sight. I don't care to take the time to take off, fly to the battle area then fly and land back home.
Does ATAG allow such shortcuts?

Any and all advice would be most welcome. Thanks.

ATAG_Dave
Nov-17-2015, 03:43
The best advice I can give you is to download and install the Team Fusion patches as from reading the above you are I think still using the vanilla version of the game?

Once you have done that you will then have plenty of options to practice anything you wish - be that online or offline. Be aware though that the AI are sometimes buggy - lawndarting on occasion, flying merrily away rather than fighting and so on.

:salute:

Jean Lafitte
Nov-17-2015, 11:31
Thanks for the advice. I was wondering whether the ATAG mods would be a good fit for single player.

What about using only the 100 octane Spits and Hurris in the game? All of the British airfields had 100 octane fuel available at that time.

ATAG_Dave
Nov-17-2015, 12:33
Thanks for the advice. I was wondering whether the ATAG mods would be a good fit for single player.

What about using only the 100 octane Spits and Hurris in the game? All of the British airfields had 100 octane fuel available at that time.

First off the MODS are Team Fusion rather than ATAG. I strongly recommend you install these TF mods/patches regardless of whether you wish to play single player or online. All online servers require you to have the latest TF patches - not just ATAG. There are many single player campaigns etc that you will be able to enjoy once the patches are installed.

You are free to fly any plane you wish in the game.

migman
Nov-17-2015, 17:10
http://ns1.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads5&file=details&id=132

The above link is a dynamic campaign script that I use, and have great fun with because it adds a bit of interest to the overall game and creates realistic raids for you to practice with.
You must have the TF Mods installed, there is plenty of threads showing how to do this but if you are on steam its not difficult. The game simply does not work well without them.
Thanks to Team Fusion!

Jean Lafitte
Nov-18-2015, 11:58
Great advice. Thanks. I'll will soon sit at the computer and install the Team Fusion mods.