PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help with a super basic....but tricky mission please to drive a tank?

Mysticpuma
Nov-17-2015, 17:08
Okay this should be simple for anyone who knows FMB, I don't, hence the request,

I require a single player mission in which the player can drive a tank. Nothing complicated, maybe an airfield with stuff to shoot at, bug the primary requirement is just being able to get a player in a tank. That's it, nothing more.

If anyone can help, please PM me a link to the mission and post a message here to say a mission has been sent (to save others wasted time). Thus is for TF testing so ASAP would be appreciated, cheers, MP

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Nov-17-2015, 18:34
Any Single Player mission with vehicles/tanks in it of the type which can be driven, and which have waypoints, (Static vehicles cannot be manned) will work.

However, there is a problem with Single Player. Players can occupy either the driver or gunner positions, but if someone occupies the gunner position, then AI will take over the driver and return to following the waypoints... this means if a player wants to maneuver a vehicle outside of the pre-determined waypoints, and then shoot, as soon as he occupies the gunner position, the vehicle will then move back to the pre-determined waypoints... which makes it very difficult to shoot, as well as voiding any tactical maneuvers the player may have achieved by controlling the vehicle from the drivers position.

For the above reasons, Single Player vehicle missions are really not worthwhile.

Mysticpuma
Nov-17-2015, 20:37
OK, making the suggestion in FMB :)