PDA

View Full Version : To all GTX 560 Ti 2 GB users and other, help is needed

Little_D
Aug-09-2012, 06:13
Hi gents,

before i start my System and ingame settings:

AMD X2 6000+ 2x 3.0 Ghz, 4GB DDR2 800 Mhz, GTX 560 TI 2GB, Win 7 64Bit. Ingame everything to High, exept Buildings and Wood at low, V-Synk on, no SSO, No Filter, Shadows off, gras and roads on.

With this settings i get before the patch avarage 45 - 55 fps with 40+ players on, even on maps with clouds or the big Channel Command map. No fps drops soemtimes some little hickups, thats all.

Now, with the new patch i get on maps without clouds 35 - 40 fps somtimes it brakes down to 25 or less, but still playable. But with cloud on the map i get avarage 25 - 30 fps, and when i zoom in or get close to an enemy the fps drops to 6 - 12 fps and sometimes to 1 fps for 15 sec. Even when i put everything on low in the gamesettings on maps with clouds i get not more than 25 - 30 fps and have the same problems.

This makes maps with clouds nearly unplayable for me :(

Some other thing i notice from the last offical patch 1.5... to the last betapatch the memory use from my GTX 560 Ti went down from 1.7 GB to 1GB or less.

Testprogramms and Benchmarktest say everything is ok with my System and my GTX, the memory use is about 1.9GB in the tests.
Gamebooster is not in use, because with gamebostaer anabled i getting less fps than without.

Did someone else notice this fps and memory drop since the last patch?

So have sombody any idea what i can do?

Dont say i need a new PC, i know :D

regards

ATAG_Septic
Aug-09-2012, 06:42
Hi gents,

before i start my System and ingame settings:

AMD X2 6000+ 2x 3.0 Ghz, 4GB DDR2 800 Mhz, GTX 560 TI 2GB, Win 7 64Bit. Ingame everything to High, exept Buildings and Wood at low, V-Synk on, no SSO, No Filter, Shadows off, gras and roads on.

With this settings i get before the patch avarage 45 - 55 fps with 40+ players on, even on maps with clouds or the big Channel Command map. No fps drops soemtimes some little hickups, thats all.

Now, with the new patch i get on maps without clouds 35 - 40 fps somtimes it brakes down to 25 or less, but still playable. But with cloud on the map i get avarage 25 - 30 fps, and when i zoom in or get close to an enemy the fps drops to 6 - 12 fps and sometimes to 1 fps for 15 sec. Even when i put everything on low in the gamesettings on maps with clouds i get not more than 25 - 30 fps and have the same problems.

This makes maps with clouds nearly unplayable for me :(

Some other thing i notice from the last offical patch 1.5... to the last betapatch the memory use from my GTX 560 Ti went down from 1.7 GB to 1GB or less.

Testprogramms and Benchmarktest say everything is ok with my System and my GTX, the memory use is about 1.9GB in the tests.
Gamebooster is not in use, because with gamebostaer anabled i getting less fps than without.

Did someone else notice this fps and memory drop since the last patch?

So have sombody any idea what i can do?

Dont say i need a new PC, i know :D

regards

Hi Big D!

I can't be scientific about this (or anything for that matter) but am convinced that Vram is not the problem, at least now. I run MSI, which shows rarely more than 1.4 Vram being used.

It seems that the chief bottle-neck (Chief Bottleneck, good name, might use it) on many systems might be more with the CPU. It seems the AI routines are stuck on one core.

I believe we have different priorities, forgive me if I'm wrong but I suspect you are looking for high fps, smooth when close to the enemy, sometimes when over flak and in and out of clouds. I'm more influenced by the eye-candy and will accept a slower fps.

Having said that, I suggest you try locking your fps as low as you can stand (I'm sure it's lower than you think) and enable triple buffering, this gives the CPU more time to catch up. If you are able to do a conservative overclock it could have a good effect. My rationale is simple and probably flawed but I can assure sure it's much smoother for me.

I'm all for clouds and dark mornings because my skills are more tactical than combative and because frankly it gives me at least some chance when in a bomber. A clear cloudless mid-day is no place for a bomber but excellent for the dog-fighting elite! I have still a quite high spec machine with everything set as high as possible, both in-game and in drivers and do experience a slow down in clouds. It's not too drastic though and I accept it for the reasons given above.

The server attempts to cater for all types of players and for some players the extra tactical dimension needs to be implemented. The server admins have in the past tried to get the game playable for the majority and I predict they will continue to do so.

I'm more confident recently that at least in the sequel we will have more choice over such matters, with maybe one day dynamic weather!

I hope this makes some sense, (the writing of which suggests I myself am suspicious it doesn't).

:)

Septic.

9./JG52 Hans Gruber
Aug-09-2012, 11:33
When you installed beta patch did you delete the old conf.ini file as well as the cache folder in the 1C Softclub folder in My Documents? Every beta patch I delete those and launch the game and allow the game to rebuild the files.

ATAG_Colander
Aug-09-2012, 12:36
Yeah, those ini files are different between versions. For example, deleting them fixed Keller's issue with the game crashing upon switching positions on a bomber.

Little_D
Aug-09-2012, 13:02
Hi Gents,

yes i deleted the config.ini files and make a complet new install off CoD. But nothing helps.

But why my GTX now use only half of his memory?

I know i have a low end system but with patch 1.5 everything was ok with the settings i post before and now i get low fps and dont know why.

regards

ATAG_Torian
Aug-10-2012, 08:05
The 1st thing I would do is double your ram from 4GB to 8GB if possible. A 64bit OS running games will perform much better with 8GB. I have personally tested this and know it to be tru.
I agree with Septic that your cpu may bottlenecking your thruput. That AMD dual core 3Ghz will struggle.
What monitor resolution are u running? Have u tried lowering it ?

Little_D
Aug-10-2012, 08:32
The 1st thing I would do is double your ram from 4GB to 8GB if possible. A 64bit OS running games will perform much better with 8GB. I have personally tested this and know it to be tru.
I agree with Septic that your cpu may bottlenecking your thruput. That AMD dual core 3Ghz will struggle.
What monitor resolution are u running? Have u tried lowering it ?

Hi Torian,

i will with my new system on christmas :D,

in the moment i get the game on low settings playable, but the most interesting quwestion for me is why my GTX is using only 1 GB of his memory and not 1.7 GB like with the 1.5 patch. With this i had no probs running the game with high settings and record online.

regards

ATAG_Torian
Aug-10-2012, 19:44
There may have been some optimizing with the last patch to throw more load onto the cpu which is where your rig is weakest.
What monitor resolution are u running ?
Merry Christmas.

Macro
Aug-11-2012, 05:06
Hi d

something that i done since last patch is enable vsync and tripple buffering in you nvidia control panel and set the ingame vsync to off. try ssao,shadows and grass off to see if helps fps.

Little_D
Aug-11-2012, 16:26
Hi Macro,

this are my settings. On the ground i have 60 fps, but as soonest i climb and go over clouds or in dogfights i get low fps.

Do you have a 2x core or 4x core?

My Teammate has a 4x core CPU and the same GTX 560 ti 2GB like me and his card is running at 1.7GB.

Maby they limited by 2x core CPU`s the memory use to max 1GB, i hope its not the card or my board.

regards

Little_D
Aug-12-2012, 15:56
Hi gents,

Problem solved :stunned:

after i run the offlinemission "Atack London" my card is using online on ATAG 1.7 GB again !!!! And i get stady 40 fps with every thing on high exept buildings and woods, shadow still off.

regards

Fried
Aug-12-2012, 16:40
Lol I have seen some strange fixes to get Clod working but running a certain offline mission is a first, will give it a try though as although my graphics and fps are fine my card is only ever using 1.3 of the 2gb available.

I did a load of testing various settings using the black death track to see just what my card was capable of and could not believe the difference shadows make to performance, even though my fps is acceptable with shadows on it virtually doubles with shadows off.

Glad you have it sorted Little_D, I guess I will have to watch my six even more now with you back online fully :recon:

Little_D
Aug-14-2012, 08:37
Hi Fried,

the realy strange thing is, i have to do it ervery time before i go on ATAG or other Servers.

regards

Fried
Aug-14-2012, 11:21
Can not remember the exact problem but it sounds like something that happens to ati users if they dont remove/rename the ubi logo thingy, if they didnt remove it their cards would lock in 2d mode and not give full performance in-game