PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Summer, part 1 - a little movie I made online on the ATAG server...

Oersted
Aug-16-2012, 16:28
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6OPXYXVQfw
(Best seen in fullscreen and 1080p)

I'm back online in "Il-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover", flying on the ATAG server. This time I am trying the Hawker Hurricane which isn't nearly as popular as the Spitfire. And, true enough, it doesn't have the performance of the Spittie, but it is a nice steady gun platform, and if you catch a Messer in a low energy state you have a good chance to do him in!

Flying online in CoD is fantastic fun. I hope it shows in this video. The rest of the story of our intrepid Hurricane pilot will be told in "Hurricane Summer, pt. 2."

Thanks to the guys of ATAG who flew with me and against me in the video!

BTW, do any of you guys get that strange "knocking" or "cracking" sound when you are near to another British plane that is running its engine on the ground?

Hope you like it, comments very welcome!

Atreides
Aug-16-2012, 17:31
Well made, smooth graphics (especially the early morning sun effects). Maybe the video is a bit drawn out, however the subtitles provide for extra immersion to counter that :thumbsup:

Yep, the Hurricane sound is one of the bugs, just like a 109 showing the landing gear down when a player has put it in neutral after raising it. Somehow this is impossible to correct :doh:

Oersted
Aug-16-2012, 19:46
The 109 gear is indeed a total immersion killer, hope they fix it!

Wolf
Aug-16-2012, 20:50

Hi Guys. What do you use to record video ingame? do you just press escape and then click Recording, then later get out of game, preplay track while recording to some other screen capture program and then edit?

Or what?

I would like to make a video and then post on youtude, Noobe here :(

ATAG_Bliss
Aug-17-2012, 02:44
Another great video :)

Thanks for sharing!

@Wolf - I don't really know, but I remember seeing some record with FRAPS and others record with video card tools such as MSI afterburner etc. I think some do both FRAPS and in-game tracks as well. All I know is I can't do any of it worth a crap :D

Oersted
Aug-17-2012, 04:07
I record with MSI Afterburner while I fly the mission.

Dutch
Aug-17-2012, 08:10
I record with MSI Afterburner while I fly the mission.

So Afterburner now also captures sound? Good to know as it's free. Whereas Fraps you have to pay for.

@Wolf - If you just want to capture in-cockpit vids online, do as Oersted does with either afterburner or fraps.

If you want to edit in some external views, press escape and 'start recording' and name the track, then press fly to take you back. Once you're done press esc and 'stop recording'.

Then send the track up to Colander's Track editor (it's saved in the 'records' file in documents), download the unlocked version, drop it back into the 'records' file in documents, then open the track in the game. Then you can edit views too, and again use afterburner or fraps to capture vid, but you will come across some issues with the track editor. It's still very bugged.
Then drop the saved .avi clips into windows movie-maker, or other vid editing software and edit away. Once you've done editing, saving the movie to your computer compresses the data from Gbytes to Mbytes and you can upload direct to youtube from movie-maker. You can then delete the HUGE .avi files from wherever they're saved.

For offline vids, just capture edited views 'on the fly', it's quicker than editing the track first and minimizes bugs.

Colander's Track editor only works with server 1, but I'm cobbling together a petition to see if it can be done for server 2, too. :)

Doc
Aug-17-2012, 09:16

I believe Keller has made a discovery about this bug. I hope he see's this and answers.

Atreides
Aug-17-2012, 10:01
@Wolf I use fraps for cockpit views, however the track recording of the game itself caused the game to CTD alot in the last patch. I don't know if that has been fixed.

Atreides.

ChiefRedCloud
Aug-17-2012, 10:32
Good video, good tips, good friends ...... what else is there ..... :thumbsup: