PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Rekawnz
Aug-18-2012, 06:22
Hi everyone! I thought I'd make an account here on the forums and introduce myself.

I go by the online alias of Rekawnz, and I'm pretty new to CoD and flight sims in general. I was drawn to this sim by its "easy to learn, hard to master" approach (as opposed to something like DCS: A10 hehe), and I've been hooked on it since. That said, there is still plenty I hope to learn to improve my flying!

I don't know what to say to really introduce myself! For those who are into boots on the ground simulation, you might recognise the name Shack Tactical (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BguGRjPqCtM), of which I am a proud member. A lot of the things that I love about the community over there seem present here on the ATAG forums; what a warm and friendly community you have here. (:

I'm in the UK and usually play in the evenings GMT+0. Thanks for keeping a game that received a lot of bad press alive! I will hop on the TS server next time I play.

Rekawnz

ATAG_Snapper
Aug-18-2012, 09:32
Hi Rekawnz, and welcome to the forum!

Naturally enough, we have many players from the U.K. flying in the early - late evening (GMT) for both Red (RAF) and Blue (LW). All of us worldwide look forward to having you join us online. Hmmm, I was flying last night with an Aussie pilot named "Recon", so if you both happen to be on the same TS channel together we'll have to call one of you "Recce" (or something like that). We've solved bigger dilemmas than that before. LOL

Looking forward to meeting you online! :thumbsup:

Snapper

ChiefRedCloud
Aug-18-2012, 10:24
I am very aware of Shack Tactical and I subscribe to it's video thread in youtube. Welcome to the mix up and to a great server and buch of flyers .... happy hunting ....

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/8789/willeyspitwelcome.png

Dutch
Aug-18-2012, 10:41
Hello mate!

Seems the Brit fraternity are growing here recently. Must be the Olympics, or the Jubilee injecting new found confidence into us beleagured islanders.

Then again maybe it's because Cliffs of Dover is pretty cheap, and beer in my local has just up to Ј3.00 a pint. Bloody ludicrous, what?!

Next thing you know, petrol will be over Ј5.00 a gallon.

What'd you say? It is already? Good Grief! Never did understand those foreign litre thingummijigs.

Poor show, poor show.

Anyrode up, welcome to the forum! :)

Rekawnz
Aug-18-2012, 12:40
Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Feel free to call me anything you deem fitting to solve any online confusion! Funnily enough an alternative alias I've used in the past is Dutchman, it's a good job I didn't use that here or there'd be even more confusion! :D

Must be the Olympics

I didn't watch all of the closing ceremony, but from what I did I found there was a distinct lack of Hurricanes or Spitfires, much to my disappointment. :)

ATAG_Bliss
Aug-21-2012, 11:51
Hi Rekawnz and welcome to the forums :geek:

Doc
Aug-22-2012, 08:41
Hi and welcome to the ATAG forums!

Rekawnz
Oct-26-2012, 18:55
Well it took me long enough but I finally got the time to get online and join the fun. I've spent about 5 hours on ATAG servers the past week, and its been a blast. You guys are awesome and I look forward to flying with you all. :thumbsup: