PDA

View Full Version : Hi everybody! Love ATAG!

EAF51_Jimmi
Aug-27-2012, 08:19
Hi everybody!

i like really much to fly in ATAG server and would like to thanks ATAG people for their efforts!

PS being here i have 2 questions. Tried to search them but found no answer...

1) the "entered" field in the stats represent the times you enter the server or the times you get a new plane?

2) Flying RAF I have some problems with the wooden hangars. Sometimes i broke the wingtip and sometime i nose down on exiting them. Is it something wrong i made or it's a game bug?

Dutch
Aug-27-2012, 08:30
Hiya Jimmi, and welcome to the forum. :)

Not sure on the stats issue, I never look at them much myself.

The hangar problem just takes practice to line up properly. It's difficult to judge because in the game, we don't have 3D depth perception. Use enough throttle to get moving, then immediately throttle back and just 'roll' over the edge of the concrete to prevent nosing over.

You'll get the hang of it in no time. :D

Doc
Aug-27-2012, 08:49
Hi Jimmi. Welcome to the forums and the server. It is open to everyone. Join us on coms so we can coordinate :thumbsup:

I have very little time invested in red planes but if you are speaking of the one I think you are you have to get the right wing out first. Apply breaks and right rudder and get the left side out.

Hope this helps.

See you in the air and on coms!!

ATAG_Knuckles
Aug-27-2012, 09:29
Jimmi: in a "Taildragger ALWAYS keep the stick full back while taxing:

ATAG_Colander
Aug-27-2012, 11:27
Times entered are each time you enter a plane.

Tonka
Aug-27-2012, 13:17
Hi Jimmi, and welcome.

To make life easier when taxiing out of those small hangars, look up above the door, and you'll see a louvre panel in the centre of the opening. If you align your aircraft to this panel, you'll have a few inches clearance from both wing tips, and should be able to get out of the hangar intact.

EAF51_Jimmi
Aug-28-2012, 14:37
Thank you for all the tips!

I had already tried some of them, but sometimes it just broke! Will try to pay even more attention in future. (may be in ten years from now we will have ground crew modded to remove the chocks and bring us out)

I'm reading first light by Geoffry Wellum to get in the rigth mood for COD (i really recommend it) he refered to first line and rear airports.
i think that in in first line airports Lympne, Hawkinge and Manston they had very short time from when radar picked enemies to when they arrived, so i think that planes where outside hangars ready to scramble.
if it's possible to select spawn point you can try this. (you'll have to chek how this cope with vulchers tough...)

also:
do you plan to reset stats?
to add streak stats (number of sorties/kills/landings in a virtual life??)

PS i already use your TS whenever i'm not flying with my teammates and i like it very much!

ChiefRedCloud
Aug-29-2012, 12:31
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/8789/willeyspitwelcome.png

ATAG_Snapper
Aug-30-2012, 07:28
Hi Jimmi!

It was good flying with you the other day. I followed that 109 that bounced us all the way from Deal to The French Point (Point Gris Nez), then he turned north to Calais. Could barely keep him in sight, but couldn't catch up. When he swung south again towards a distant formation of bombers I got impatient and went full throttle. Twenty seconds later my Merlin is belching black smoke, orange flames, and a horrendous racket......so I limped home. I doubt that 109 knew he was being stalked that whole time! LOL

DukeMcFishy
Sep-05-2012, 10:27
Yes I also wanted to say hi and thanks for the nice server you guys got. :D

Due to the fact that I need to upgrade my GPU in the near future (running on a low resolution with my HD6670 atm) I havnt joined your comms yet. So CLOD is kinda on the backburner for me, but i like to hop on occasionally to get blown to pieces by one of your great pilots, hehe. :thumbsup:

Anyways thanks again, and cya on the server (and more regular when I got the upgrade).

:salute:

ATAG_Snapper
Sep-05-2012, 10:44
Hi Duke, and welcome to the forum! :thumbsup:

When you decide to come on Teamspeak (you don't need a powerful video card nor CPU for that) you'll find a bunch of us on both sides ready to welcome you! It's a lot of fun hooking up with a few guys rather than going it alone. Hope to see you online soon! :D

DukeMcFishy
Sep-05-2012, 10:48
Hi Duke, and welcome to the forum! :thumbsup:

When you decide to come on Teamspeak (you don't need a powerful video card nor CPU for that) you'll find a bunch of us on both sides ready to welcome you! It's a lot of fun hooking up with a few guys rather than going it alone. Hope to see you online soon! :D

Haha, yeah your absolutely right on that. :D
I will mate and thanks a bunch!