PDA

View Full Version : In need of serious help getting cliffs of dover to map thrustmaster joystick

ogunnerso
Dec-24-2015, 11:33
Hi all,

Downloaded game from steam and install updates/mod and followed video one by one and game works good. My issue is joystick isn't working properly and ive tried mapping it but im useless and it and made it worse.
Im originally from Fighter Ace and on there it had a joystick calibration tool that you simply plugged it in and moved joystick up down left right and in corners and turned throttle up and down and it was done. Is there anything like that or do I have to map every single key etc.

I tried ace combat but it was same on there and couldn't get hang of it so needing some serious help please.

I have Thrustmaster T-Flight stick X - if this isn't compatible then can someone tell me what is and cheap please.

thanks

o Gunners o

Vlerkies
Dec-24-2015, 11:37
Im sure its compatible.

What is the actual problem, mapping keys, or calibrating the stick movement?

If its just mapping the axis
In controls menu you need to click axis, highlight the axis (say elevator) then move the stick and it will pick it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhTaAIFjpKg

Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders
Dec-24-2015, 12:00
Try also to plug it in another USB port...normally it's better to plug it in the main USB port ;)

Gh0st
Feb-11-2016, 02:24
Try also to plug it in another USB port...normally it's better to plug it in the main USB port ;)

In Windows 10 I had issues with switching USB ports because Windows and COD would not recognize the device on the new port. Basically, it kept adding devices and it confused everything. I got in the habit of using the same ports and I haven't checked if the initial issue persists. Did not have this issue in Win7.

Bone Gnome
Jul-15-2016, 22:06
I am having trouble with an X55 Saitek. I am playing Cliffs of Dover and despite all attempts at trimming, it is like riding a bucking bronco. Any tutorials out there that can show me how to set up my joystick/aircraft trim so that I have a stable ride and shooting platform?

Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders
Jul-15-2016, 22:31
I am having trouble with an X55 Saitek. I am playing Cliffs of Dover and despite all attempts at trimming, it is like riding a bucking bronco. Any tutorials out there that can show me how to set up my joystick/aircraft trim so that I have a stable ride and shooting platform?

Try to use the search function box in the top right corner of the main forum page putting in it keywords like " Problems with X55 Saitek " or " Trouble with a X55 Saitek " or " Problems with X55 Saitek Joystick " or " X55 Saitek Joystick Tutorials " ( put inside the search function box just the keywords suggested here without the quotation marks ).
I'm pretty sure that if you will do so, you will find something that may help you.

In case that you don't find nothing interesting or of help for you using the search function box on the main forum page try also a Google search with the keywords indicated above.

:salute:

BOO
Jul-16-2016, 02:06

Just to add - trimming - you wont get your aircraft to fly straight and level without trimming it yourself- you can just leave the stick in a position as it alters with torque and speed. This may not be a problem with your joystick but just how the game demands user input. Also turn down the linearity of the input by adjusting the sensitivity settings in the controls menu - the closer the setting to 1.00, the less prone the stick will be to reacting to small jerky inputs.

Regards

BOO

ATAG_Freya
Jul-16-2016, 09:36
I use the x-55 too, and use the profile software for nothing except adjusting the axis curves to smooth them out a bit around the middle. Using the pov hat for trim works for me! I think Booster is right - the game does require constant user input and will rarely fly straight and level with hands off, unless engine settings + trim are adjusted spot on (but you might not want to fly straight and level for too long :D ).

X-55 = smoothest and nicest joystick this peasant has ever owned! Made a huge control improvement for me in all sims.

:salute: