PDA

View Full Version : The il2 community

JG52_Krupi
Sep-07-2012, 06:01
The il2 community or the bunch of "bleeping bleeps" which is what I prefer to call them now.

You would have thought that given the small size of our community and the lack of many decent flight sim producers that it would make sense to give MG support during this difficult time. I am actually more disappointed with the "community" than I am with MG for releasing the game in such a bad state... :ind:

Dutch
Sep-07-2012, 06:08
Steady on old chap!! Not in front of the kiddies, what?? :)

But, it figures to me that most of the people who enjoy the game, are playing the game (or testing the FMs, SHEESH!!!)

The people who don't enjoy the game, moan on the 1C forum. So it's not 'the community' at all, it's 'the dissenters'.

Just my take.....

ATAG_Deacon
Sep-07-2012, 07:17
Steady on old chap!! Not in front of the kiddies, what?? :)

But, it figures to me that most of the people who enjoy the game, are playing the game (or testing the FMs, SHEESH!!!)

The people who don't enjoy the game, moan on the 1C forum. So it's not 'the community' at all, it's 'the dissenters'.

Just my take.....

+1

I'd rather fly than bitch about what's wrong...

ATAG_Snapper
Sep-07-2012, 07:48
I empathize with the frustration. At times I've had to step away and take a deep breath. Then Dutch or Bliss will get a PM from me much like your post above, they reply "Yeah, it sucks!", and I continue on flying the sim rather than reading the negative posts that.....irk me.

Dutch
Sep-07-2012, 08:04
Or wondering why you bothered posting the nuggets of interesting and positive information, when they're completely ignored, eh Snapper mate??

ATAG_Snapper
Sep-07-2012, 08:09
Or wondering why you bothered posting the nuggets of interesting and positive information, when they're completely ignored, eh Snapper mate??

Ha! Yes!!!! The bleeping bleeps! ALL of em!!!! :)

ATAG_Septic
Sep-07-2012, 08:20
I think I can empathise Krupi.

I've allowed myself to become quite angry about some of the posts I read over there. Some of the population have great skill in public forum argument, which sadly seems to be their prime interest and motivation rather than the good of the game or community. I'm especially thankful for this place with it's friendly, helpful and positive atmosphere in such times.

Septic.

ChiefRedCloud
Sep-07-2012, 10:28
I have to agree with Snapper on his anxiety for CloD. Not even taking 1C forums into count there are many in the old IL2 community that just does not support or like CloD. And honestly, they have a right and good reason to feel this way I guess. I love flight sims, and came back to them under IL2 Sturmovick and then on to RoF and eventually CloD.

But in each case I did my homework first. Hell most of can't afford to drop $$$ without thought anymore. Again, not taking into account any forum rift raft in 1C some of those in the IL2 forums have a vested interest in IL2 itself and I feel that they do not want to start over. So many of these actually embrace the pitfalls that CloD have to stay in what they know and are comfortable with. Their choice and nothing wrong with it.

But It's a shame that CloD has got to the point of being sold for $7.49 on GameFly. But the positive side to this is that perhaps, just perhaps, some curious new pilot will grab it and join our small ranks ..... :recon:

Doc
Sep-07-2012, 11:37
Why let these guys get you down gents! This thing is going to rip and replace sims easily. It just takes time. I see my fair share of new post over there of guys buying whole new systems just for CoD. Come on guys just fly. It's mind over matter boys. I don't mind cause they don't matter. Keep on flyin! You'll gain a lot of experience and every day you fly you gain that much more experience.

ChiefRedCloud
Sep-07-2012, 17:12
Why let these guys get you down gents! This thing is going to rip and replace sims easily. It just takes time. I see my fair share of new post over there of guys buying whole new systems just for CoD. Come on guys just fly. It's mind over matter boys. I don't mind cause they don't matter. Keep on flyin! You'll gain a lot of experience and every day you fly you gain that much more experience.

Agreed ..... :thumbsup:

Oersted
Sep-15-2012, 17:09
+1

I'd rather fly than bitch about what's wrong...

+2

Chair1
Sep-30-2012, 13:08
I have loved COD from the start. I had to build a better computer and up grade to Window 7 64bit. and it was all worth it!

The saying goes "ignorance is bliss" and in my case it holds true. I don't see a tenth of the problems that are reported because I am having too much fun just trying to survive in the game. Once I started flying online I have never quit. It is much more fun than off line which I flew from 2001 till this year. :grandpa