PDA

View Full Version : Hey ATAG

ATAG_Slipstream
Sep-09-2012, 11:33
I've been hanging around your servers for the last few months now, joined the forums, after following a link from the banana forums about 3 weeks ago, I thought it was just another squadron but I was surprised by the effort and commitment of the members here to make Il2 COD accessible to all, The weath of information on this site is incredible & most of the ATAG members seem very willing to help on TS.
I jumped on TS last night for the first time, and even though sometimes I wasn't speaking alot, I was in bits at the guys fooling around with eachother. but when it got down to the work, it was done! Pretty amazing watching Torric take out most of the bombing targets on channel command singlehanded.
Like I said above, I though ATAG was just another squadron. Epic fail on my behalf!
So I'd like to thank you all for the videos, bombsite calculator, write-ups, forum posts, etc etc etc, but thanks most of all for building a community around this simulation often overshadowed by problems, showing that it can be played, and giving people the tools to learn how to use it.

Its my pleasure to award ATAG the golden salute, for its work within the IL2 Cliffs Of Dover community :salute:

See you in the skies!

Dutch
Sep-09-2012, 11:47
Hello old chum! Nice to see you here, even if your affiliations are somewhat dubious for a home loving midlands chap. :D

You're quite correct, ATAG isn't really a 'squadron' at all. More of a Cliffs of Dover 'Association' if you like. Bit like the British Legion, but not quite so fond of Bingo and sub-par karaoke singers etc.

Everyone here wants to simply make the most of our 'flawed jewel', and have a lot of fun while we're at it (Although you'll probably find we all have a rant ourselves now and again, like wot I did last night. But you'll also find it's far more laid back here than the banana shop, and all we ask for is for the game to be fun, and realistic as far as these kind of things can be).

Welcome to the Forum Slipstream! :D

ATAG_Deacon
Sep-09-2012, 11:50
~S~ Slipstream,

Happy you're enjoying the server, the environment, and the people! :thumbsup:

Also glad to see you're enjoying flying Blue(targets) and look forward to seeing you
in the air (my prey).

:)

~Deacon

Torric270
Sep-10-2012, 00:19
Welcome,

That's the beauty of the atmosphere that these guys create as what you say was a single-handed effort was actually a loosely coordinated effort from both squad and non-squad members. It consisted of several sorties with a mix of aircraft bombing the target, giving updates on results and enemies in the area, to engaging the enemy after bombs were dropped, with cover fighters coming in and out of the area.

Join in anytime!

Doc
Sep-10-2012, 10:06
Hi Slipstream

Been hearing you on comms over the weekend and have enjoyed having you join us. If you have any suggestions that would make it better please let us know!

Welcome to the forums!

:salute:

ChiefRedCloud
Sep-10-2012, 18:14
I've asked before but guess the request fell through the cracks in the floor ..... I need the URL or address for the Bannana Forums ..... Please?:beaten:

Dutch
Sep-10-2012, 18:52
Here you go chiefy. :)

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=189

Old_Canuck
Sep-11-2012, 11:53
:salute: Slipstream.

ChiefRedCloud
Sep-11-2012, 13:02
Here you go chiefy. :)

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=189

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

Look I know I'm slow (this why I make a great target), but I had NO idea that 1C and Bannana Forums were one and the same ...... BOY!