PDA

View Full Version : Any improvements for AI in TF5.0 ?

Baaz
Jan-09-2016, 22:42
Hi,

In TF5.0, will there be any improvements in AI which tends to escape from you instead of engaging you? The AI has several other flaws like they keep on flying at full throttle for a long time even if their water radiators have been perforated. In campaigns, it is very difficult to keep up with the much faster AI schwarm as if they are not cruising but flying with WEP ON.

Also, the anti-aliasing is pretty bad...any hopes of improving it? Some distant textures on the terrain shimmer as well...any solution?

Continu0
Jan-10-2016, 03:04
Hi,

In TF5.0, will there be any improvements in AI which tends to escape from you instead of engaging you? The AI has several other flaws like they keep on flying at full throttle for a long time even if their water radiators have been perforated. In campaigns, it is very difficult to keep up with the much faster AI schwarm as if they are not cruising but flying with WEP ON.

There is hope but no guarante¨ for this to happen.

Also, the anti-aliasing is pretty bad...any hopes of improving it? Some distant textures on the terrain shimmer as well...any solution?
Have you turned on the ingame AA? Distant shimmering should be improved with TF 5.0 afaik...

I am not member of TF, but I believe that is what team fusion stated so far. ^

hnbdgr
Jan-10-2016, 13:40
Hi,

Don't know about AI, as for AA, turn on in-game AA to x2 (or anything other then off, it has the same effect)

Use sweetfx to introduce more AA.

Alternatively you can use Nvidia DSR to make things look better, but at the cost of fps and spotting capability. Shimmering and cockpit jaggies are my pet peeves in this sim as well. But once you fly online you tend not to notice them so much as your mind focuses on other things.

my sweetfx + settings: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lm46bzg792szib2/sweetfx.zip?dl=1

just drop into the steamapps cliffs folder. link will be active only for a few days.

Baaz
Jan-10-2016, 22:24
Don't know about AI, as for AA, turn on in-game AA to x2 (or anything other then off, it has the same effect)

Use sweetfx to introduce more AA.

Alternatively you can use Nvidia DSR to make things look better, but at the cost of fps and spotting capability. Shimmering and cockpit jaggies are my pet peeves in this sim as well. But once you fly online you tend not to notice them so much as your mind focuses on other things.

my sweetfx + settings: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lm46bzg792szib2/sweetfx.zip?dl=1

just drop into the steamapps cliffs folder. link will be active only for a few days.

Thanks for your sweetfx preset mate. I have applied it and the game looks much better, earlier I was using phil style's injectfx but I like your FX more.

Baaz
Jan-10-2016, 22:28
I am not member of TF, but I believe that is what team fusion stated so far. ^

Thanks for the info mate.